What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are you Watching on YouTube?

paper thorn

Veteran
Man, doncha hate it when peeps put up threads like this.

What are you listening to?
What are you eating?
What are you drinking?
What are you watching?

anyway, i posted that i was watching a Vid in a what are you watching thread, and thought Hmmm?

So to start off here's Josh Homme and the Queens of the Stone Age with PJ Harvey, who i looooovvvee, luv, luv, luv.

I Wanna Make It Witchu

Desert Sessions, i wanna make it witchu
[YOUTUBEIF]S2JDV_T3Kmg[/YOUTUBEIF]
Since i got the first post in this thread, i bestow on myself the right to post a second video.

This vid among many others is why i luv luv luv PJ Harvey so much,
It's in the title of the song

Dress

[YOUTUBEIF]A29BMj3v86w[/YOUTUBEIF]

armedoldhippy

Veteran
last thing i watched on there was "mouse fishing in Alaska". incredible footage of fishing for huge rainbow trout using dry fly patterns resembling mice/lemmings. :woohoo: i could get into that sort of fishing BIG TIME! :tiphat:

paper thorn

Veteran
i guess i don't know ho to post a youtube vid. i just deleted a post because it would not show and play. then i check the first post, same. sucky thread, guy makes a thread about youtube vids and doesn't even know how to post one up apparently.

But, i can post a link to the youtube vid. Added links in the first post.
go to The Youtube page
Space to Bakersfield

[YOUTUBEIF]pVEq9bZ-SY0[/YOUTUBEIF]

this song by Black Mountain is one of the best things I've heard in years. You'll want to catch the full four song set on KEXP Seattle, They have lots of good bands in their studio. This is one of the best.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool thread paperthorn.......

Cool thread paperthorn.......

[YOUTUBEIF]kJviF2e45p4[/YOUTUBEIF]

Nobody did it better, and live:

Just a Gigolo & I Ain't got Nobody
[YOUTUBEIF]O-a8kLtJSJ4[/YOUTUBEIF]

and Night Train, this is what my folks listened to;
I grew up to Prima, Sinatra, Bennett, Alpert, etc...

[YOUTUBEIF]3kTcjXhGbxU[/YOUTUBEIF]

Last edited:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I was a huge fan of going to Dangerfield's club (61St & 1Av) NYC back in the '80s, there'd be a line around the corner to get in, I don't wait to get in. So $20 to the guy @ the door (the waiting public always bitched "Hey!!! I saw that!!!") & then $20 more to the maitre d for a good table up front, once you'd sit down there was a table tent informing you of the $29 minimum. It was close to $100 w/an appetizer & tip tossed in there.

Anyways, punch in Dangerfield on YouTube and see everything from the early Tonight Show appearances up to & incl Sam Kinison, Andrew Dice Clay etc... so much talent passed through his clubs.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran

I was a huge fan of going to Dangerfield's club (61St & 1Av) NYC back in the '80s, there'd be a line around the corner to get in, I don't wait to get in. So $20 to the guy @ the door (the waiting public always bitched "Hey!!! I saw that!!!") & then $20 more to the maitre d for a good table up front, once you'd sit down there was a table tent informing you of the $29 minimum. It was close to $100 w/an appetizer & tip tossed in there.

Anyways, punch in Dangerfield on YouTube and see everything from the early Tonight Show appearances up to & incl Sam Kinison, Andrew Dice Clay etc... so much talent passed through his clubs.

I saw Dice Clay, Jerry Seinfeld (before his show, and he bombed) at shitty little club in Ramsey NJ, for $5 and no people there, probably around 1987 or so.

On youtube I love Growmau5 LED videos. Learned how to make state of the art LED's.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I saw Dice Clay, Jerry Seinfeld (before his show, and he bombed) at shitty little club in Ramsey NJ, for $5 and no people there, probably around 1987 or so.

On youtube I love Growmau5 LED videos. Learned how to make state of the art LED's.

I haven't laughed @ Seinfeld since the show ended, he was a creation of the comic genius of Larry David. Of course I loved the show & own the box set.......

Stan G.

Bubbleman's Hash Church on Sundays. Bubbleman's Wake and Bakes through out the week. Subcool's channel and Grand Master Level's channel as well.:tiphat:

St. Phatty

I like News Webcasts where really smart people discuss world affairs.

The interviewers are sometimes Greg Hunter at USA WatchDog, and Eric King at King World News, and Chris Martenson at PeakProsperity.com

The interviewees ...
Jim Rickards
Jim Sinclair
Andrew Maguire, London Metals Trader
Rick Rule
Jeffrey Saut
etc.

Maguire is easy to describe. The rest of the guys have really long resumes.

What makes any of them good is their ability to tell the truth and to describe complex topics (like world currency markets) clearly.

Many of their webcasts are on Youtube.

Download Helper is a good app. I download all Youtubes and save them as an *.mp4 so I can play the file locally.

Bandwidth ain't always there & I prefer to have a 'work-flow' that is independent of network glitches.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Burt Sugarman's Midnight Special '74

Redbone ~ 'Come and Get Your Love'

[YOUTUBEIF]Dj0drevGOgA[/YOUTUBEIF]

T. Rex ~ 'Rip Off'

[YOUTUBEIF]GnrGwJt2Tm4[/YOUTUBEIF]

T. Rex ~ 'Lean Love'
[YOUTUBEIF]S1fk8gqaCU0[/YOUTUBEIF]

DJXX

Veteran

Burt Sugarman's Midnight Special '74

Redbone ~ 'Come and Get Your Love'

[youtubeif]Dj0drevGOgA[/youtubeif]

T. Rex ~ 'Rip Off'

[youtubeif]GnrGwJt2Tm4[/youtubeif]

T. Rex ~ 'Lean Love'
[youtubeif]S1fk8gqaCU0[/youtubeif]
hey didn't Wolfman jack host that show also, i love T Rex...Bang a Gong w Elton John on piano i think??..DJXX

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey didn't Wolfman jack host that show also, i love T Rex...Bang a Gong w Elton John on piano i think??..DJXX

yeah, Wolfman was one of the most popular hosts, but Elton on piano? first I ever heard of that unless they collaborated at some time.

I looked @ Wiki & found this:

During a December 1971 Top of the Pops performance, Elton John mimed a piano on the song. This performance is usually the video clip for the song which has aired on various music-video outlets such as VH1 Classic.

so I guess not although I can see the confusion.