What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anxiety sufferer ..what's a good strain

Americangrower

Veteran
Ok so I have grown and smoked a ton of pot. I haven't grown/smoked in a few years. I am thinking of starting back up but the wife has high anxiety and the last time she smoked (with a friend) I wasn't there and it didn't go well. She was tripping out, IDK if it was a racy bud or laced. Either way now she is scared so I need a mellow (absolutely no racy) high.

I am thinking something with a lil CBD in it but I don't know shit about CBD it wasn't big when I was growing. I don't want something with no high to it that would be pointless..lol.

I know it will be a indica but haven't decided what yet. Maybe bubblegum IDK but it has to yield fairly well . So any suggestions out there.

Thanks be well

Dog Star

Veteran
SSSDH Ojd elite cut,ECSD,Destroyer sativa have pleasant type of high,doesnt
put you on a edge or racy.. good weed for walks on sunny days,enjoying in nature,
fishing,etc..

This white berry is always very mellow. It's perfect for anxiety. Paradise is the breeder
https://www.paradise-seeds.com/en/white-berry

Very fast flowering strain. Yield is really good if you Veg it big. I believe around 18-22℅ THC. Good cbd ratio. Often is a earthy smoke with hints of vanilla. Sometimes fruity from the blueberry genetics. It will give a nice mix in five or ten seeds. Not allot of variation but enough to make it interesting.

A.C.A.B

We all react differently, but personally the SSSDH OJD is not something I would smoke to avoid anxiety, ECSD is nice though. Otherwise, I think bubble gum could be good for that purpose, hard to find a nice bbg tasting plant but the high is overall mellow and nice. You could also consider OG Kush hybrids even though some pheno may be a bit strong the high isn't racy at all IMO.

Dog Star

Veteran
Oh SSSDH ojd cut have 10% of THC and 6% of CBD,

one of PTSD sympthoms are anxiety,so i know what i talking about as this
strain was help me to feel well and its a very pleasant smoke,can see her
in that medical category of anti-anxiety plants that are avaible around.

Against anxiety strains with some CBD helps to feel more stabile,those pure THC
profile plants you need to avoid but still there is some sativas that you can smoke
and feel well and whithouth a fear.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
grand daddy purp &
blueberry
Hindu Kush These are fine strains for anxiety. I am finding that sativas are even better in that the 'weight' of the indicas or crosses can make one feel trapped in a way. The clear effects of the sativa avoid that closed in feeling. Have to find the right one though.

Jarilla from CBG, Jalisco, First Lady, these are all Mexican sativas. Ethiopian is supposed to be good, the Highland Mexican x Blueberry I have is calm. Quite a few to choose from but everyone is different.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Safe way is go with indica or if you want sumthin not boring blueberry strains are perfect.... yes you can find a sativa that will be perfect but it's about finding that pheno of sssdh, sour, destroyer etc etc... yes you may find exactly what your looking for but you will find plants exactly the opposite of what you want to especially destroyer n the sssdh n you don't sound like you have a willing test dummy so if I were you I'd take the safe road with your wife grow a Bubba CSI Humboldt or a berry from many places IDK where you can get bubblegum from , it's not like it used to be... but let her start on indica build a tolerance to smoking start to get comfortable and like it again n then sneak a sativa in the grow n test the waters... good luck mang ...

b8man

Veteran
Sunshine Daydream from Bodhi has been my best for keeping anxiety away and has also been my favorite grow because all the plants were so exceptional. It's been my wife's favorite too. Mellow, relaxed, don't feel too stoned or confused.

Emil Muzz

CBD Shark Shock is nice. Yielded very well for me indeed.
Bit of a high but nothing uncontrollable otherwise fairly relaxing and the CBD helps ameliorate anxiety.
If you vape plenty of it at night I find my mind is quiet and relaxed the next day without having to top up my cannabinoid levels during the day.

highsteppa

Veteran
Lifesaver

Lifesaver

My ex had similar issues with smoking and really liked Bogs lifesaver a friend grew outdoors. I liked it to. It'd had a nice body stone and was calming. It was clear without much activity in the head. For her it was the perfect smoke. I ordered 2 packs from bog direct but
haven't grown them so, can't report on what other phenos may be like.

She might like pine tar Kush too. I have it crossed to O's blubbery which is also a possible good one. I have a lot of those beans...

burningfire

Veteran
a good blueberry is nice, if you can find it...

or PCK, it's herbal valium for sure, not too stoney, not too stimulating.. a little boring with some plants but you are definitely medicated. while the body is relaxing it's not too heavy in my experience.

gorilla ganja

This is not strain related, but I find edibles to be less racy than smoking the same herb.
Of course be very careful with dosing until a good level is found. Smoking tends to bring on a faster, stronger high at the beginning. Which is where the racy,paranoid, ect. is usually found for me anyways. Whereas edibles take longer to hit but a smoother, steady high that lasts longer than smoked herb.
Like I said the right dose is key with edibles. Experiment and go slow to begin. Once the right dose is found just keep making the same cookies and a predictable high can be found.

Best of luck in your search.

Peace GG

soundman

I suffer from severe PTSD, Anxiety with panic disorder.

GDP will put me into panic mode every time. Most other folks say its great for anxiety, Not me.

I found you have to experiment, small amounts at first, to find what strain works well for you. It can be indica, hybrid or sativa. Just have to find out what works for you. Everyone is different. Anxieties are different.

Some strains like GG4 and Sour D put my wife into anxiety while they both calm me.

My favorite for anxiety and PTSD is NL5. I actually have one ready to flower from S1s made in 98 from BCSC NL5 obtained in 96. I am super excited to get that relief again.

Eat any kind of melon (cantaloupe,watermelon etc) before you smoke or during should aide any negative mental side effects like anxiety..pretty sure this is practiced in most of Central Asia

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
work on the objects of her anxiety... cut down/out her caffeine intake.. coffee, soda, alcohol... I know personally, my wife's' anxiety stems allot from my PTSD adventures...

maybe edibles in small doses initially.. edibles are more body high.. GL w that..

Zitz

Zamaldelica, nev haze x oaxacan, skunk haze all are great.

If you find those calming you must be chuck norris :biggrin:

62165537.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts