What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Tangwena

Veteran
Yes 2016
i have some older ones
will post pics b/c i respect T. a lot
effect is stairway to heaven on a couch
quite long lasting
Good to hear from you brother thats got to be the oldest cob I've seen here brings back good memories.
I had a good hit yesterday on some new Colombian Gold x Demon Latcher cob its still young but I doubled the dose and boy it was a great ride.
Was a bit down from recovering from a dose of flu it knocked the shit out of the flu I was bouncing around like a springbok ha ha.

ost

For sure I would pay well over the norm for exceptionally potent cobs.
Just not enough people know about them for commercial interests to get interested.
That could change over time of course but I see it as a niche market until then.
If it is legalized here in Australia this year I will be doing my best to feed that niche market for sure.
about aug . or oct. will see what my little cobs are and if the type of bud makes a difference ,from cob#1 or cob@-#2,or the little cob today#3 is galactic runtz, this could be a happy new years , with 3 strains,i will most likely have a sample!

Last edited:

ost

Good to hear from you brother thats got to be the oldest cob I've seen here brings back good memories.
I had a good hit yesterday on some new Colombian Gold x Demon Latcher cob its still young but I doubled the dose and boy it was a great ride.
Was a bit down from recovering from a dose of flu it knocked the shit out of the flu I was bouncing around like a springbok ha ha.
@Tangwena how young is this cob?

Last edited:

GreenAndFast

Hey guys I made a cob of kumaoni last year at some point and just found the rolled up bag. And when I say COB I mean that in the loosest possible way imaginable hahaha. I rolled it up in a Ziploc bag squeezed as much air as possible and basically left it. It was dry so I suspect not much fermentation happened, if any. But I have a plant of (Electric lady x Rainbow breeze) X Acid beauty. Accidental pollen from the AB in late flower. I made hash oil with the ELxRB and found some seeds. Straight into dirt, waste not wwant not. Which has a very fentrigo bud structure to and had a hard life so I will cob that and let you guys know the result 😀
Anyways enough waffle here's some "eye candy" hehe
PXL_20230410_112624645.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230410_112620087.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
PXL_20230414_135308009.PORTRAIT.jpg

ost

You can always introduce them later through bad handling or leaving them too moist.
@Tangwena i tried 3 hr. dry then went back did a little over 22 hrs. things are changing colors for sure now! thanks for the newbie tip,Thank you, very much!I learn slow ,but i do learn ,i had a blood vessel in my brain, rupture in 2019, have'nt been able to spell big words, since . i have to use ,edit every post.

Last edited:

ost

Hey guys I made a cob of kumaoni last year at some point and just found the rolled up bag. And when I say COB I mean that in the loosest possible way imaginable hahaha. I rolled it up in a Ziploc bag squeezed as much air as possible and basically left it. It was dry so I suspect not much fermentation happened, if any. But I have a plant of (Electric lady x Rainbow breeze) X Acid beauty. Accidental pollen from the AB in late flower. I made hash oil with the ELxRB and found some seeds. Straight into dirt, waste not wwant not. Which has a very fentrigo bud structure to and had a hard life so I will cob that and let you guys know the result 😀
View attachment 18831098 View attachment 18831099 View attachment 18831097
@Fastgr
@GreenAndFast
@GreenAndFast are you from down under , tryin to figure out the waffle =nuf talk?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I vac sealed the last COB. The tightest I've ever been able to get one. It is hard. I'll leave it be and watch for any issues that would make me open it up. This one should be really nice. If no issues I need to decide how long I want it to ferment. I put it in a dark closet. I'll check it often to be sure I don't see any mold.

DSCN6804.JPG
DSCN6808.JPG

Tangwena

Veteran
I vac sealed the last COB. The tightest I've ever been able to get one. It is hard. I'll leave it be and watch for any issues that would make me open it up. This one should be really nice. If no issues I need to decide how long I want it to ferment. I put it in a dark closet. I'll check it often to be sure I don't see any mold.

View attachment 18831154 View attachment 18831155
Nice and dark make sure its not too moist it looks moist from the picture.
Better dry it some more if it is.

Tangwena

Veteran
how young is this cob?
Going on 4 months at the moment I dont try anything less than 3 months aged because the high changes so much in the first 3 months.
My absolute favorite cob is over a year old and sends me into fantasy land every time.
Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian its otherworldly and lasts all day long on 0.25g chewed, total escape from reality with no sedation.
I love the feeling as it it comes on its so overpowering lifts your mood up and up and just never stops ha ha.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice and dark make sure its not too moist it looks moist from the picture.
Better dry it some more if it is.

It's not moist enough to be a concern. It was at 62% when I sealed it. Stableizing the moisture content is important. I do the same when sealing packs but at a lower RH% of 55-58%.. At 58% you can store long term without the fear of mold. I wanted a bit higher moisture level to help with fermentation. My 1st COB was to dry .

Tangwena

Veteran
Is it still terpy? it looks cured either way very little green left, if you can still smell the terps even faintly it should be ok.

Tangwena

Veteran
It's not moist enough to be a concern. It was at 62% when I sealed it. Stableizing the moisture content is important. I do the same when sealing packs but at a lower RH% of 55-58%.. At 58% you can store long term without the fear of mold. I wanted a bit higher moisture level to help with fermentation. My 1st COB was to dry .
Then it looks killer I love the dark cobs very refined effects especially if you can keep the modified terps yum.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I didn't use the corn wrap this time. I didn't like the added aroma from it. Im hoping the banana paper leaves will smell of bananas or sweet still.

Banana leaves are earthy with a sweet aroma, a perfect addition to many dishes. Not only will they impart a delicious flavor and texture to many dishes, but they'll also make a kitchen smell pretty heavenly. :D

T.H. Seed

So I opened up the cobs today after being gone for about five days. They now have a lemon drop sort of sweetness with an obvious wet grass smell in the background. They don't feel wet but obvious have a bit of moisture in them (a touch spongy when squeezed).
I set out the ones in the pictures to dry out and basically move into the aging phase. I'm wondering if I should leave the rest out to dry a bit before curing them for longer, or if they should go straight back into the bag?

Attachments

• 20230414_202430.jpg
    20230414_202430.jpg
    932.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 20230414_202111.jpg
    20230414_202111.jpg
    827.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 20230414_202048.jpg
    20230414_202048.jpg
    934.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 20230414_202052.jpg
    20230414_202052.jpg
    985.2 KB · Views: 43

T.H. Seed

After about 12 hours air drying the cobs pictured above are now much firmer and lighter in color.
Kinda smells like a tasty organic version of an Orange flavored Tootsie Pop. Not sure if yall would be familiar with what those are. Basically an orange flavored lollipop with a chewy chocolate in the center. Type of candy you'd get after the doctors office😂

Any advice on what to do next with these cobs or the ones that got sealed up again before drying?
Thanks yall!

Attachments

• 20230415_073326.jpg
    20230415_073326.jpg
    923.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 20230415_073237.jpg
    20230415_073237.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44

ost

I'm from Wales mate. Waffle = talking too much nonsense basically hehe
thanks @GreenAndFast
Going on 4 months at the moment I dont try anything less than 3 months aged because the high changes so much in the first 3 months.
My absolute favorite cob is over a year old and sends me into fantasy land every time.
Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian its otherworldly and lasts all day long on 0.25g chewed, total escape from reality with no sedation.
I love the feeling as it it comes on its so overpowering lifts your mood up and up and just never stops ha ha.
that is good to know about the months of cure. ok so first cob is down to really dark purple, super hard like a goofed up small flat of hash. cob2 i got the cucumber smell ,when i opened the vac bag, to dry the cob after the sweat, cob #3 is resting on the heat mat with a pillow on top!thank you for the right way of doing cobs the state i live in don't allow smoke,sooo, i try to learn this!I been diging around thru the pages a lot of info here!

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
After about 12 hours air drying the cobs pictured above are now much firmer and lighter in color.
Kinda smells like a tasty organic version of an Orange flavored Tootsie Pop. Not sure if yall would be familiar with what those are. Basically an orange flavored lollipop with a chewy chocolate in the center. Type of candy you'd get after the doctors office😂

Any advice on what to do next with these cobs or the ones that got sealed up again before drying?
Thanks yall!
Yes thats a lot better dried its cured alright seal them up and age them but still open and dry further if they feel moist inspect regularly say every couple of weeks at least.

Latest posts

Latest posts