What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gluekle (Gorilla Glue #4 x Querkle)

TheMan13

Veteran
Gluekle is my newest family member just finishing up her first cycle here. She's a Gorilla Glue #4 cross bred by ICMag's own Hammerhead/Purple Frostbyte using his Querkle male some time ago. She shares an inaugural/test run of a 5x5 flowering tent and Govita Pro with Joesy Whales' Gorilla Glue #4. Both ladies are simply in 8 gallon pots of Happy Frog dirt using Botanicare nutrients. The GG4 streched a bit too much as could be expected, while the Gluekle had minimal stretch hitting my mark within the first few weeks.

picture.php

Gluekle @ day #17

Gluekle - Gorilla Glue #4 (F) x Querkle (M)

Mother: Gorilla Glue #4
Lineage: Sour Dubb x Chem Sis x Chocolate Diesel
Breeder: Joesy Whales (ICmag)
Flowering Time: 56 - 60 Days
Awards: High Times Cannabis Cups LA & MI 2014, 1st Place Hybrid
Form: Clone Only
http://www.gorillaglue4.com/

Father: Querkle
Lineage: Urkle x Space Queen
Breeder: TGA Genetics
Form: Seed
http://tgagenetics.com/Strains/querkle.html

I'm hoping to be dropping some Gluekle pics and labs here over the next month or so. If you've ran this lady, please share your experience and pics here as well.

[YOUTUBEIF]EQk8tdV7YeI[/YOUTUBEIF]

Bongstar420

Gluekle is my newest family member just finishing up her first cycle here. She's a Gorilla Glue #4 cross bred by ICMag's own Hammerhead/Purple Frostbyte using his Querkle male some time ago. She shares an inaugural/test run of a 5x5 flowering tent and Govita Pro with Joesy Whales' Gorilla Glue #4. Both ladies are simply in 8 gallon pots of Happy Frog dirt using Botanicare nutrients. The GG4 streched a bit too much as could be expected, while the Gluekle had minimal stretch hitting my mark within the first few weeks.

View Image
Gluekle @ day #17

Gluekle - Gorilla Glue #4 (F) x Querkle (M)

Mother: Gorilla Glue #4
Lineage: Sour Dubb x Chem Sis x Chocolate Diesel
Breeder: Joesy Whales (ICmag)
Awards: High Times Cannabis Cups LA & MI 2014, 1st Place Hybrid
Form: Clone Only
http://www.gorillaglue4.com/

Father: Querkle
Lineage: Urkle x Space Queen
Breeder: TGA Genetics
Form: Seed
http://tgagenetics.com/Strains/querkle.html

I'm hoping to be dropping some Gluekle pics and labs here over the next month or so. If you've ran this lady, please share your experience and pics here as well.

[youtubeif]EQk8tdV7YeI[/youtubeif]

Is this a male that looked good or a properly test crossed male?

I ask because some males tend to be better than others even if they look identical. I've had fabulous looking dudes with visible resin glands on the leaves produce underwhelming offspring.

TheMan13

Veteran
Is this a male that looked good or a properly test crossed male?

I ask because some males tend to be better than others even if they look identical. I've had fabulous looking dudes with visible resin glands on the leaves produce underwhelming offspring.

This Gluekle of mine being journaled here is a female. The Querkle male used in her breeding belongs to Hammerhead/Purple Frostbyte whom has been posting his prodigy here for some time now. I'm not sure if lab tests have been conducted on him, but he does have an established breeding record IMHO.

I also have a Forum Girl Scout Cookie crossed with this male and they both have outstanding and similar growth structure/yield that I would attribute to him.

floralheart

Veteran
I'm curious if it's a monster yielder. Querkle has an awesome structure. Especially suited for indoor, height wise, bush wise and bud site wise. Lots of dense bud sites that do a nice dispensary size of nugget. Nice frost. Stoney weed.

Gorilla Glue being a frosty yeilder.

Too kind of heavy indica hybrids.

Wild card seems to be the Glue and the notion it isn't inbred. Glue is kind of viney. But bushy structure wise when topped. Hope you get more of the querkle structure and split the difference on the frost and yeild.

+ for the grape syrup flavor.

TheMan13

Veteran
Thanks for the input floralheart. Yes, the Gluekle does have outstanding structure and seems to be an impressive yeilder, especially compared to her mother (Gorilla Glue #4). Sadly I did miss my canopy on the GG4 and that will cost me and not be a true comparison of their abilities in the end.

As for Gluekle's smell/flavor, she had not been very appealing to me until just this week (about half way). As the candied/berry/grape sets in I'm getting excited about the end product. I'm thinking those jars will be just what the doctor ordered :joint:

TheMan13

Veteran
Gluekle at day 27 under 4100k (blue) lighting. She's showing some issues under this alternative lighting that has gone unseen and seems to be finishing a bit quicker than expected. Hopefully being out of practice in flower with a brand new setup will not have too much adverse effects ...

picture.php

TheMan13

Veteran
saw sum of these flowers in Seattle, just yesterday

Thanks for the input yortbogey, it's a small world. You should have grabbed a few to sample and share your smoke report/thoughts here. Any notes on how the nugs compared visually to others on the shelf?

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
sure did... the nugs where less frosty than straight gg4...{ could have been grower }...
she carried a bit more of a sweet/grapey taste... not out right grape , more fruity, than chocolate, stank... the gg4 is known for...{ I know I got the real clone }....
but the C/S... wanted 240 per zip... I laughed and walked off after the girl told me " her boy friend"... made the strain....

TheMan13

Veteran
I doubt and would not expect this cross (Gluekle) to be a replacement for Gorilla Glue #4 and her frost, as she is truly a unique lady. I've been growing GG4 for the past couple of years now and she has become a primary staple in both my garden and medicine cabinet. Her nutty coffee flavor along with that unique chemy buzz is one of a kind IMHO and one of my favs to date. If I could only get some of that GG4 potency to come across with some of Querkle's smell, flavor and yield, I think she could be unique enough to find a good home here.

The Gorilla Glue #4 on the 25th day.
picture.php

TheMan13

Veteran
Gluekle at day 33.

picture.php

picture.php

The pistils are ambering, the trichomes are becoming milky and the buds have begun to flop as they gain weight. She seems to be a week or so ahead of the development I had expected. Hopefully getting a hang of the extremes in this small flower tent will not cost me too much in the end ...

Latest posts

Latest posts