What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

tips for making plant shed pollen during end

bandit89

I have a situation where I have 4 plants of good genetics about 2 weeks into flower but I didn't veg them as healthy as I normally do, they are smaller then usual and I dont feel I'm going to get a decent crop from it. So, I have another "magic plant" which was an unknown seedling growing in one of my outdoor pots at the end of last season, I dont know how it got there but I carefully unrooted from the other plant it was attached to and grew it out and flowered it and it smells like a baby's daiper and is huge awesome buds, 8 week flower and I love the plant. So I have that original seed finishing now with clones for backup. One of the 4 mentioned above is a clone, i call them b1 for now...so I cut off the 4 main cola branches and left the rest of the plant (5 gal smartpot with roots 737? Soil + 5 cups perlite) . Looks like an once+ left. So finally my question how can I try to make this shed pollen onto these other 4, they have pistols out and are ready. I tried to search but almost all the threads turned into genetic/hermie debates which I don't care about.
This is just for fun/experiment. I have given the plant 2 days of 24 hours when I cut the main colas,but can't mess with the light schedule anymore because I don't want the other 4 to hermie.(they were seperate before)at the same time I gave a little bit of pk bytes and then couple days some high N. A couple main concerns, i still want to smoke the rest of the main plant so no col. Silver and I want to reflush it. Are there any nutes or tricks to this or any ideas? I also have 2 special horticulture bulbs a 10 watt blue led and 10 watt far red led I use right before/after shutoff. In that tent i decided to put the blue led on during lights on period hoping that might do something, bit dont wanna hermie the other 4 just make the one post harvest pollinate. My other main question is how will I know the plants were pollinated? Are there visible signs besides the seedpod looking full? any info tips would be appreciated, thanks.

bandit89

picture.php

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
put a fan in there and let it do the work for ya...the white pistil will die off shortly after they get the pollen...then the calyx will swell...

bandit89

put a fan in there and let it do the work for ya...the white pistil will die off shortly after they get the pollen...then the calyx will swell...

Meant to post that I have a fan blowing at the tops/right above. Wasnt sure if it was a good idea but I think Illbleave It now, thanks ST.

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
I don't quite understand your situation. My interpretation is that your "magic plant" is 8 weeks into flower and female but you'd like it to produce male flowers and pollinate your other female plants. Is this correct?

And you've harvested most of the bud off this "magic plant" but there is still some left which you'd like to eventually harvest. And you intend to "reflush" this plant. By "reflush", do you mean reveg? ... to revegetate, which is to harvest most of the remaining bud but keep enough of the plant that you can then put it under 24 hour lighting for a month and get it to return to a vegetative state, so that it can be grown out and flowered a second time?