What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oahu Daze............Episode 1

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
I made it. Did I miss anything? Not yet? Good. The hiking doesn't look none too easy, what with those 'new' mountains and all.

Who else is curious? Whats 'up there'?

I think sativas may be on the menu.

Ya missed nada, just a bunch of boring seedlings doing their thing.

December was gonna be the first Oahu harvy someones gonna help push that alot closer.

I feel like that episode of Simpsons where they took TV from homer. I haven't had my TV since June 15th.
:snap out of it:

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
December!? That's a hard one. I thought I had it rough waiting for the end of August with a 1/2 jar to get me through.

No tv aint a bad thing. Ive got 2 but never turn them on. I keep them because they seem to keep the dust localized.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
First feed of 6/9 @ 1/2 strength

First feed of 6/9 @ 1/2 strength

The seedlings got their first feeding today. Broke out the nutes an mixed it up.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
I woulda preferred to mix up something with the guanos i got sitt'n here, especially since i started from seed. But.....got no space right now nor funds for other supplies. I have boxes of nutes i brought with me that i used in cali that i'm gonna use for this first run.

I am a newbie when it comes to organics. I ran a LC's soiless with guano teas before an killed it, but no funds for the medium an amendments. Wasn't cheap moving here.

Dirtboy808

Veteran
I pay $4.65 for diesel and 44 cents per kilo for elec. Only thing cheap is dirt $38 per ton loving that mac nut compost. I'm out to make up a few more 150 gal smarts I'm got a late start this year. Aloha DB

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
I pay $4.65 for diesel and 44 cents per kilo for elec. Only thing cheap is dirt $38 per ton loving that mac nut compost. I'm out to make up a few more 150 gal smarts I'm got a late start this year. Aloha DB

Wish i had a backyard to rock out but im stuck inside for another year till i get a place. When the time comes I'll hit ya up for a recipe if thats cool wit ya.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Chuggin along here, they got another feed @ 1/4 strength, which it seems like their ready for a daily feeding. Also gave em some Cap's Root Pack to beef up the rhizosphere for A heavier feeding next week. Gonna foliar with Magic green tomorrow too.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
I imagine there must be a big mark up on just about everything out there in the middle of the ocean, except maybe for fish and lava rock for gas grills.

That's macadamia nut compost, dirtboy?

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
I imagine there must be a big mark up on just about everything out there in the middle of the ocean, except maybe for fish and lava rock for gas grills.

Yes super expensive, ya don't wanna move here. Tell a friend:biggrin:

All my equipment, nutes, medium an tents I had before I moved here. I only had to get a ph pen since mine did not survive the 8 month storage.

Dirtboy808

Veteran

Yes When my camera gets back from Sumatra I will take a pic

Yes When my camera gets back from Sumatra I will take a pic
Make sure your camera dosen't stop over in Kuta, or you may never see it again :).

Arthritus, welcome to Hawaii. I did the reverse of you. Born and raised on Oahu, i now live in the sierra nevada mountains near tahoe. When i was growing indoors (a house just off the beach on the north shore by v-land) the biggest issues we had were heat and humidity. This was solved with a mini split ductless A/C. Expensive, but needed if doing anything over a 1000w. Drying was a pain too as nothing in hawaii ever gets truly dry. Outdoor grows on Oahu are tricky as the chronics seem to radar in on anything not locked down. If not the chronics, its the green harvest heli's, but they dont care about small stuffs. Lot's of bugs too compared to mainland. Oh and no need a slab of foam brah, grab some duck feet and a McDonalds tray and go hit sandy's, Makapuu, Yokohamas, or Wiamea shorebreak for some bodywhomping fun. Enjoy yourself either way, and get barreled for me....PLEASE!

Latest posts

Latest posts