What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can't fix this

S

searchingforit

Still have this, have posted before. Being feed maxibloom in veg. 600ppm daily. pH adjusted to 5.8.

S

searchingforit

Coco, maxibloom 600ppm daily good runoff. pHed to 5.8 every time. Temp 80 day 70 night, 60% humidity. Nothing I do fixes this. I've tried low pH, higher pH and nothing. Looks like a potassium deficency but I am giving enough potassium. Have foliar feed maxicrop, epsoms and nothing works.

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
searching still not enough info really but Im gana put it to ya anyway since your askin for it...and Im meaning this in a open nice way..just be open about it....I can tell you right off this outline will not Grow pot...you may be able to flower it but your not feeding those plants...Your feeding them Bloom nutes dood...in veg?....thats most of the prob bro...
MaxiBloom is 5 - 15 -14?....wheres the extra N those plants would need to take up that excess P-K?...K should be Higher than P in Veg...N should Dom veg formula...you realize coco is a inert medium right?...
Maxi is extra K...look on the back for formula info(0-0-1 = all K + micros)..
Epsom is only giving it more mineral and Mag...heh....all seem logical to you?...
you got your work cut out for you son..let me know if you need more help...but IMO your first step is to revamp your method..keep on it
FOE20

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
naa agito...wrong formula for veg/method..no way in coco is that gana work IMO..
FOE20

S

searchingforit

Thousands of people are doing it spectacularly in the KISS thread and I've been doing it for 2 years and now this mystery. I thought high pH but my alkalinity in tap is only 45 which shouldn't cause pH to swing up too high. My pH is now stable in rez for the most part. My runoff is about the same as what I am putting in. These are all stunted with woody stems, no growth. Looks like zinc def at the tops as the out edges turn lime green then yellow.

I thought lack of oxygen but here is what I observe with this. Roots explode in good growth when media dries then become shriveled after I water. Hydrogen peroxide does nothing to cure this prob. They are not taking in water at a good clip in first place. Watering every other day or longer does not help as once the pot dries and roots explode, further water seems to fuck with them once again. Hard to say if this is a result of what is happening up top with no growth or something else?

S

searchingforit

Epsom as a foliar because it looks like mg def. Same idea with foliar of maxicrop. Looks like k def. No response however on both tries. On flip side of kiss ideology I have scorched everything I've had feeding 7g/gal maxibloom. It arrives at 1100ppm with tap and is 2 much but maybe others are growing pot trees you can climb in? 600 daily had always done well prior.

S

searchingforit

And foe20, all plants exhibit N+ with slightly more normal growth on the bottom. It is greenish compared to the suffering tops. maxibloom should be fine for what I have (early veg). What do you say?

slowandeasy

Veteran
Maxi can work fine in Veg...one thing you might check is that it is fully dissolved before feeding. I suggest mixing Maxi a day before you really want to use it.

S

searchingforit

You know I am going to check that slowandeasy. I have had perfect success using this and such a steep drop maybe a new batch of maxibloom isn't fully dissolving something? I used to blend and mix but had precipitate so I stopped.

Granger2

Veteran
> These are all stunted with woody stems, no
> growth.
> They are not taking in water at a good clip in
> first place.

Searching,
First, remember that the damaged leaves aren't going to heal. Look for improvement in the new growth.

I'm always hesitant to bring up Root Aphids because I know I suffer from Root mofo Aphid paranoia. But I have a right to be. Remove each from its container and check with a large low power magnifying glass. You'll have to be quick because they quickly disappear into the medium.

I hope this is a false alarm, but you should check them, if for no other reason, to eliminate RA's as the cause. Good luck. -granger

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Coco & Maxi (lucas ) is NOT a good combination in my experiance !! . when i was using it in promix ... it worked great !! but when i ran it in coco .. i had some similar problems . i switched to a coco based nutrient & the problems went away . the cations & balances are different in coco than they are in soils ... which is why untill you learn about coco properly ... you should be using a coco based nute .

just my opinion so .... take it as you like :)

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If the method was perfected than why haven't they assisted him in fixing this?...
Not all coco is the same...or water supplies...so apparently the method is not working for him..Im just kinda brainstormin tho searchin, resinryder..don't put to much weight on my view..
But along the line of what dansbuds said on Lucas and coco...I agree and had similar probs even in PMix with Lucas..
maybe your missing the Micro in the Lucas part?...which would boost your N and micro as well...
But sorry Im no pro on lucas..I just looked over what ya said and went with my feeling...no biggie...and do hope ya get it sorted..keep on it
FOE20

S

searchingforit

Will be testing other nutes shortly. Problem still exists when trying different dilution of maxi. Don't understand the hate. Maxi should have enough ca/mg although the ratio might have a bit too much mg. calmag has done nothing positive for this situation. I am using alternative pH down and my solution is STABLE at 5.8 where as before it was not. I was previously using 5.2pH to allow a swing as with protekt, I was rising to about 6.0 within 24 hours. Starting to think it might be a bug problem as I can't find a fix for this. Everything that used to perk the plants up is not working.

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
theres no bad vibe here m8 so I can pull my comments if ya want bro..what I said was fair and nothing more and had no bad implication beside asking why its not sorted being that solid of a method..
Im sure their methods are very solid but applied to each grower/regional diff its gana change..
also the top growth is what is happening now...the foliage thats mid way on the plant is what happened a wk or so back...does your newest growth look healthy?...meaning your improving...is it all getting worse?..you get the idea...just talkin shop and its really casual to me man n just tryin to help...I like riddles...
Do you dry out your containers or go for a more constantly moist root bios?...I like to dry mine out well before re-setting the game..maybe that would help....power to it
FOE20

S

searchingforit

Nothing ill, I agree maxi series isn't everything it is cracked up to be but it should still give excellent results and EASILY, which is the method behind the madness. Something is up here beyond a nute def/lockout. I don't know if it is a bad batch of nutes, bugs or something unrelated but all my mothers in veg are bad off. New growth is the same as old, the entire plant structure is one big mess and the more (or less) I feed, the worse things get. I did a run off then slurry and the slurry was in good range. I know my pH is not locking out. I know I am not burning them yet I do see an apparent N+ but I think it is not a true sign of overfeeding N. That is not possible with these size plants with maxi feeding 600ppm daily.