What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeds from hermi

Artanis

I acquired some Sensi-Star bud which had some small yet dark seeds. I was told that the plant was stressed and self pollinated. I was also told that as a result these seeds should be female seeds. Is their any merit to this claim?

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
Yes, they could be female, although they could be a hermaphrodite. I have had good luck growing seeds I have found in bought weed before as long as there were only a few. You have to gamble though and I would only do this if the weed the seeds came from was phenomenal and you have the time and space to experiment. Also keep a vigilant eye out for hermis as they are sometimes likely to show up. That said, you could get some killer cuts out of the experiment, but I would never breed with them. Hope this answers your question and good luck!

TGT

Artanis

Yes, they could be female, although they could be a hermaphrodite. I have had good luck growing seeds I have found in bought weed before as long as there were only a few. You have to gamble though and I would only do this if the weed the seeds came from was phenomenal and you have the time and space to experiment. Also keep a vigilant eye out for hermis as they are sometimes likely to show up. That said, you could get some killer cuts out of the experiment, but I would never breed with them. Hope this answers your question and good luck!

TGT

Well thank you for the information. I am a very new grower, and just for personal. I am also kinda poor atm, and these are the only beans I have besides reg/mid bagseeds. So I gather I don't have anything to lose, but I was curious as to the expectancy of females. And you did a nice job at providing the answers I was looking for. Thanks alot :D

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
No problem, and if you do grow them let us know how it goes. Good luck!

TGT

Vhghost

i agree with tgt..
but if you are just learning to grow your own.. then working with bag seeds isn't a horrible idea, cause at least you are learning how to grow, and not loosing great genetics b/c of a rookie error... good way to learn if you ask me :)

I

ItsTopShelf

i actually ran a bag seed from a friend.. he got a sick bag of og kush .. and a couple other strains from a fellow grower.. the grower said he had a light leak and stressed all his 3 strains to hermi in week 6 or 11.. there were 43 seeds found out of 22 plants.. just a seed here and there.. he found a keeper clone only out of the seeds and shit is fire.

Artanis

i actually ran a bag seed from a friend.. he got a sick bag of og kush .. and a couple other strains from a fellow grower.. the grower said he had a light leak and stressed all his 3 strains to hermi in week 6 or 11.. there were 43 seeds found out of 22 plants.. just a seed here and there.. he found a keeper clone only out of the seeds and shit is fire.

How did the one you ran turn out? And out of 42 seeds your buddy only found one keeper? eek!

Latest posts

Latest posts