What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Red fluid from cut branches ??!?!?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was taking clones from a plants I grew from seed, and noticed a red sap coming from cut branches, where usually a clear fluid would come out. is anyone else familiar with this?
:look at this:

picture.php
:chin:
this is a macro pic of red liquid from cut tips of plants. liquid was not sticky but looked like strawberry jam.

picture.php

another pic of mystery red "sap"

please chime in
:thank you:

L

LouDog420

Pink, gets me high as a kite
pink, when I turn out the light
pink, it's like red but not quite

picture.php

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ what loudog? please explain. or are u just rockin out to some aerosmith.
small stems did it, thicker stems didnt give any liquid

L

LouDog420

That's a pheno of the white jones that did it. A few blueberry hybrids had the color.

Always seemed strain dependent to me. Most girls will put out that clear/foggy liquid. Some do pink, some do dark red. The surprises of growing cannabis... Pretty sure there's a few older threads about the same topics and more pics...

Oh and rockin' the aerosmith too, just seemed fitting...
dance013.gif

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have never had a plant that had the sap be any better or worse then others of the same strain..The best plants can have it or not..

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
plant is completely heathy, it seems
strain is a cross a made a few years back.... no columbian genetics in the mix i kno of.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
had that too from white rhino in the past, a bit more darker tho, between pink and purple.

OrganicBuds

Veteran
Have you considered the possibility that the devil has taken over your plant? I think an exorcism is in order.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it could b forces of evil from the place w the guy w the red skin and pointy tail who favors his pitchfork, or i could b growing a strain of marijuana that has strawberry jam flowing from roots to apical mariot....
or its just one of those "adventures in growing cannabis" that im just now keen on.

very curious, thanks for chiming in yall, im glad im not the only one seeing this or id be worried (dunno what about tho).

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I heard true real old school haze strains do this, can anyone confirm or deny that?

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^I have gotten sap with old hazes and current ones, but not red sap. never gotten that ever. this thread is interesting.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Had a plot of Afghani that had the red sap . Also turned purple in late flower .

EB .

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
I have read this before here on ICMag. It is not common but not rare either. Nicest pic I've seen of it, and probably the deepest red.

TGT

Manivelle

Veteran
I heard true real old school haze strains do this, can anyone confirm or deny that?
yes !
The True Origin of Haze
Author Big Herb
An indicator of true haze lineage is the appearance of a red sap when you cut a true haze plant. This indicator particularly showed itself in the purple pheno. The best plants were always volunteers from the previous year’s seed droppings.
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/14-indoor/9509-i-bleed-red-just-like-you.html
zigzag
There was some discussion about this awhile back in one of the haze threads...they have all been ruined by B.S though but the discussion never went anywhere. Red sap has been noted in the haze lines and also some others. I don't think anyone ever came up with a clear answer about what it actually represents. Some people of course think that its automatically some type of super plant because it may not be so common. Who knows...we can always hope.
i'm interested by this beacause i know a guy who keep a cut of an unbelievable "hash" strain who turn water to wine color when making bubble hash with . and the hash is out of this world .
this plant come from an unknow number of plant as he work on it for years.
and we've never found an answer at this date . so if someone have ever seen this or know why let me know .please.

mani