What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question about Earth Juice Meta-k

FarmerTed

I have a bottle and before using it i gave it a shake to mix it. It sounds like theres gravel in the bottom of the bottle. I assume its the sulfate of potash in solution recrystalizing? I used a stick to try to crush the chunks and remix it. Is it still usable or has it outlived its useful life? Thanks

MrFista

Veteran
Still usable, 3lb's did a write up on EJ and they put steelies (ball bearings) in the bottles, like in a paint can, to help dislodge and break up any solids in the bottles.

G

Blackstrap molasses beats the shit out of Meta-K. Also, I think EJ recently reduce the K in that particular product from 10% to 7%..... weak.

The blackstrap I use has 14% K and I think Brer Rabbit has something like 22% K. I never have to worry about precipitates and I keep it in the fridge so it lasts a long time.

FarmerTed

MrFista said:
Still usable, 3lb's did a write up on EJ and they put steelies (ball bearings) in the bottles, like in a paint can, to help dislodge and break up any solids in the bottles.
Thanks, and i read the EJ article you're refering to. I put some marbles in the bottle to help mix it up whenever i shake it up.
Even_Steven said:
Blackstrap molasses beats the shit out of Meta-K. Also, I think EJ recently reduce the K in that particular product from 10% to 7%..... weak.

The blackstrap I use has 14% K and I think Brer Rabbit has something like 22% K. I never have to worry about precipitates and I keep it in the fridge so it lasts a long time.
Crap! I've been using Grandmas "Robust" and didnt even think about the fact it has "K" in it. Label says Potassium 200mg/15ml(1T) serving. When you say 14% do you mean, 0-0-14? How do you figure that based on the label? You're right about the strength, bottle says 0-0-7.
Thanks

G

yup, 0-0-14. That's 500mg/tablespoon (15ml). It also has 15% Ca, 20% Fe, and 10% MG so it also makes Cal-Mag+ obsolete.