What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Critical Jack freebie run

Spaventa

Veteran
These were freebies. There was a choice and these were closest to my kind of thing. They say it produces a Jack Herer pheno, a Critical pheno and a 50/50 pheno. Im hoping for a good Jack Herer pheno with incense aroma to the smoke.

https://www.deliciousseeds.com/del_en/critical-jack-herer.html

They mention incense in the description twice, referencing church incense in particular and hardwood. This is what Im hoping for.

They were in my fridge for over a year and a half so I was pleased all 10 germinated with 24 hours :)
I'll move them into cubes today.
picture.php

Spaventa

Veteran
Been out and got the cubes for them.

picture.php

When they are ready, Ill plug them into 6" R/W cubes, one each.

Nutrients will be my usual Canna Aqua and the associated additives - Rhizotonic, Cannazym, PK13/14 and Boost.

The lighting is my trusty CMH Agro elite. Its the flowering version and has done me proud so far.

Spaventa

Veteran
Weird how life remains dormant, in stasis without warmth, air, light or moisture for years and then when you add those things, up it comes. freaky when you think about it, creepy in a raising the dead kind of way :chin:

picture.php

Spaventa

Veteran
Heres what we can expect I guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R87m1nf6SI

haha I do that with kitchen towel in the boxes :) Im well excited now.

Been googling for some reports and some very encouraging descriptives have been used - "sweet pungent musky smell and taste" and elsewhere, "Native American incense". This from The strain description - " sublime aromas of menthol, pepper and incense typically used in cathedrals"
Wow, this from a 20 percent THC, 9 week strain with resinous high ratio indica bud structure? This could be what Ive been searching for all along :)

edit - another nice description, if accurate - "Your palate will remember the classic haze taste combined with a touch of musky taste, an authentic candy for the Herer Lovers." http://en.**********.eu/strain-info/Critical_Jack_Herer/Delicious_Seeds/

Spaventa

Veteran
picture.php
2 Weeks tomorrow. They are sufficiently rooted to cope with the dehydrating effect of some air movement. Time to get those stems thicker.

Im going to start with the observations and guessing. I see vigorous indica Critical development... these are going to be compact. I only want the JH terpenes, the rest can come from the Critical, gladly.

EDIT - feb 6, 2 weeks 1 day
picture.php

Spaventa

Veteran
It seems theres a runt phenotype because Ive got 4 that look to be exactly the same shade of shit.
They have had no different treatment to anything else.
I moved them together to the top left of the picture - they were random so nothing that happened to one spot of the environment or nothing - these are LOSERS and will be eliminated from the game.

picture.php

Spaventa

Veteran
Ive bought nice Sensi seeds "Mothers finest" which is says is a hazier selection from the Jac Herer gene pool - the more Hazy side of Jack basically.
My hopes for a keeper JH smoke are with those. With these Critical Jack Im now hoping for a plant for my friend who needs productivity more than the highest quality. If the remaining plants are good yielding with at least a bit of incense/church, he will be happy with it Im sure.
If its done in 9 or less, easy trim, all the better.

Spaventa

Veteran
I got rid of the 4 rejects and started some seeds to fill the spaces. It will absolutely 12/12 from seedling or Ill get into trouble with these.

These have been in my fridge since 2015. Theres 3. I need all 3 lol

picture.php

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Got 'em in the R/W by now, I'm guessing? Looks good!

3/5 Panama Haze....to start? or did you already plant a couple?

Spaventa

Veteran
Got 'em in the R/W by now, I'm guessing? Looks good!

3/5 Panama Haze....to start? or did you already plant a couple?

I ran the other two 3 years ago lol

I held off transplanting hoping those funny ones would sort them selves out but now i how where i am with them i can - next pics will have R/W in them :biggrin:

Spaventa

Veteran
All three Panama Haze have popped and shown a tap root. Just moved them into root cubes to start. I really pleased with 3 out of 3 after 3 years.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Way cool. I'm having some problems lately with old seed. Not even necessarily old- 5 years maybe? The Ancestral Skunk is doing better than some of these others. Yeesh.

Spaventa

Veteran
Way cool. I'm having some problems lately with old seed. Not even necessarily old- 5 years maybe? The Ancestral Skunk is doing better than some of these others. Yeesh.

I didn't have to with these but if seeds don't start on their own after a day or two i give them a rub with an abrasive paper or wool give them another day. if theres still no life a day later, i will gently squeeze them. i used to do it with finger and thumb but recently heard i should do it carefully between teeth to better gauge pressure and feel when the shell has given a bit. I feel that if you are going to do any of that, you need to do it within 4 days of first wetting the seed. Ive had success helping them sometimes.

Spaventa

Veteran
Panama babies
picture.php

Critical Jack Herer
picture.php

Sorry for the delay and less than brilliant plants, I haven't been well and got in a bit of a mess here. I just put these there now.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Well glad you made the time. They're looking just fine. Lots of positives to point at there. Take 'er easy bud.

Spaventa

Veteran
Ive put the tops in the cloner and moved Panamas in. I will flip them in about a week. I will post pictures then. Im not waiting for the Panamas to grow at all - almost literally 12/12 from seed or i will run out of height. I will take tops to root in as we go.

Latest posts

Latest posts