What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

7 plants under NextLight Mega.

deepwaterdude

Hey, fellas, just wanted to document a NextLight grow on here. I've got a 750w Black Dog and an Amare 450SE for backup, but these plants have been under the NExtLight from birth and I figured I'd see how it flowered.

Strains are all Ace Seeds and oldest plants are at 3 weeks from seed today. Recently transplanted from unhappy tuper coco to happy frog soil. Haze x's are in 3 gal to control size, Orient Express and Malawi pck in 4 gal.

2 Panama Haze
2 Haze x Kali China
Malawi x Pakistan citral kush
Zamaldelica
Orient Express

I've already got a thread going on this grow, so I'll try and keep this thread light based;) So far very happy with growth. Light's at 28" from tops, radiates a very even and manageable heat. Last grow had great results with the Black Dog, def one of the better blurples out there. I started with hydrogrow LEds back in 2009 and have since built a 600w array of screw in LED spyders as a supplement to HID, run BlackDog, Amare and now this.

First pic is today
second is under the Amare
3rd and 4th under the Black Dog

Attachments

• Alfalfa, week 8.jpg
    Alfalfa, week 8.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 19
  • PZ1 colas.jpg
    PZ1 colas.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Zamaldelica x Kali China (3:7 were black).jpg
    Zamaldelica x Kali China (3:7 were black).jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 3 weeks.jpg
    3 weeks.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 18

deepwaterdude

Into flower - day 3

Into flower - day 3

Hey, starke, thanks fer lookin in! Badass results w/ your hempy bucket setup. Yep, looks like 7 plants will fill that sucker to the brim;)
Here they are after a bit of binding and caging. Eldest are 30 days from seed. PH2 is a few days behind but biggest plant, Haze x KC 2 still recovering from repot. Day 3 12/12 right after a light fish and seaweed + light bloom feed at .8EC.
dee dubya.

Here's da gang

Attachments

• Malawi x PCK.jpg
    Malawi x PCK.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 20
  • Da gang at 30 days of life.jpg
    Da gang at 30 days of life.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 21
  • day 3 12:12.jpg
    day 3 12:12.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Zamaldelica topped and tied down.jpg
    Zamaldelica topped and tied down.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Orient Express: many-topped and happy.jpg
    Orient Express: many-topped and happy.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 17

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Hey, fellas, just wanted to document a NextLight grow on here. I've got a 750w Black Dog and an Amare 450SE for backup, but these plants have been under the NExtLight from birth and I figured I'd see how it flowered.

Strains are all Ace Seeds and oldest plants are at 3 weeks from seed today. Recently transplanted from unhappy tuper coco to happy frog soil. Haze x's are in 3 gal to control size, Orient Express and Malawi pck in 4 gal.

2 Panama Haze
2 Haze x Kali China
Malawi x Pakistan citral kush
Zamaldelica
Orient Express

I've already got a thread going on this grow, so I'll try and keep this thread light based;) So far very happy with growth. Light's at 28" from tops, radiates a very even and manageable heat. Last grow had great results with the Black Dog, def one of the better blurples out there. I started with hydrogrow LEds back in 2009 and have since built a 600w array of screw in LED spyders as a supplement to HID, run BlackDog, Amare and now this.

First pic is today
second is under the Amare
3rd and 4th under the Black Dog

nice :tiphat:

deepwaterdude

Day 7 12/12

Day 7 12/12

Hey, DarkSider, thanks for lookin in:biggrin:

Girls are doing fine, first pistils belong to the Malawi x PCK, most Indica of the bunch and a real beaut.

Lifted the light to a legit 24" off closest tops. I have to fight a tendency to try and maximize every lumen, but temps are not high at the moment so can't really blast 'em.

Here are a couple group shots and portraits of some faves.
dwd

So a couple of particularities of this grow while I'm waiting for pics to upload. It's gonna be a long haul, with all the Haze crosses and the Zamaldelica going 12-16 weeks, maybe longer. The Orient Express is Vietnam Black x China Yunnan indica and the Malawi is crossed with Pakistan Citral Kush, so these two tend to finish under 12 weeks. Panama Haze is Ace Panama crossed with their purple haze #23 as is Kali China (Kali Mist x China Yunnan indica) to make Haze x KC. The Zamaldelica is very basically (Malawi x Thai) x Zamal. The Malawi x Thai is called Golden Tiger and is a beast itself;) The Zamal is very psychedelic and tasty tropical sativa. Here they is at 35 days from seed for oldest.

Attachments

• Day 7 12:12.jpg
    Day 7 12:12.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 16
  • UNder Nextlight.jpg
    UNder Nextlight.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 15
  • PanHaze2.jpg
    PanHaze2.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Orient Express.jpg
    Orient Express.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Malawi PCK showing first pistils.jpg
    Malawi PCK showing first pistils.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

ULMW

Greetings DWD! Nice to see you here with this exact thread.
Am recently enjoying the grower's learning curve of supplemental LEDs then full LED grow for veg and am aiming to go fully LED for summer. Amare SE450 /500 seems amazing and I also like the Timber Grow Lights too. Black Dog are a bit pricy for my pocket just yet.
But am really interested in COB grows. Look forward to following along here with your discoveries and in Ace Seeds forum as usual. Wishing you and your garden all the best for 2018 and onwards

deepwaterdude

Greetings DWD! Nice to see you here with this exact thread.
Am recently enjoying the grower's learning curve of supplemental LEDs then full LED grow for veg and am aiming to go fully LED for summer. Amare SE450 /500 seems amazing and I also like the Timber Grow Lights too. Black Dog are a bit pricy for my pocket just yet.
But am really interested in COB grows. Look forward to following along here with your discoveries and in Ace Seeds forum as usual. Wishing you and your garden all the best for 2018 and onwards

Hi, ULMW, I was just on your Purple haze x PCK thread, nice to see and hear you;) I've been an LED convertee from way back, but things are getting really exciting now with COB arrays and even DIY screw in LEd fixtures are super effective, a la Terpene and Spugg.

I think Black Dog is very effective, and even though they are massive lights, I just no longer see a single fixture giving even spread of maximum power. Blurple panel makers are famous for overestimating their coverage, usually to the tune of 1/3, so very expensive to get even, full coverage for an amateur.

Cob arrays including the Amare do a much better job of spreading around excellent light compared to a single bulb HID setup for example. They are POWERFUL and shouldn't be underestimated as you can blast your plants with more photons than they can handle. The Amare SE450 did better than my Ushio 600W without even running the UV or lenses. Huge, heavy fixture, awesome for a 3x3 or max 4x4 for flower.

Check out those flexible COB setups that Koondense recommends. There's a 600w setup comparable in price to the Amare that is more powerful and versatile. You can direct each cob wherever you like and the frame is quite wide, so no missing anything.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice to hear you had excellent results with an Amare. Many in the DIY community do their best to bash them

I own a SE 220, SE 250, and a P3 (and a BML SPYDR 600). Each in a different tent, but can be added to one another

Good luck with the NextLight

Got a link to yours?

deepwaterdude

Nice to hear you had excellent results with an Amare. Many in the DIY community do their best to bash them

I own a SE 220, SE 250, and a P3 (and a BML SPYDR 600). Each in a different tent, but can be added to one another

Good luck with the NextLight

Got a link to yours?

Welcome aboard, Petflora and Shmavis; PF do you mean a link to the grow or the light?

I had 5 plants in a 5x5 in 3-5 gal coco; 2 3-footers under the unlensed Amare that did beautifully and 3 huge 7 foot sativas tied under the Black Dog. Was a bit overkill, but the plants loved it until I got a bit of bleaching under the Black Dog.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=338488&page=48

That's a link to that part of the grow. I had just got a gently used Nextlight for 900$ and switched everything out, arguably stupidly, in late flower. Huge change in spectrum.

I hear the Spyder's excellent, have seen some mad results, but have got plenty of good lights to play with for the moment.:biggrin:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Welcome aboard, Petflora and Shmavis; PF do you mean a link to the grow or the light?

I had 5 plants in a 5x5 in 3-5 gal coco; 2 3-footers under the unlensed Amare that did beautifully and 3 huge 7 foot sativas tied under the Black Dog. Was a bit overkill, but the plants loved it until I got a bit of bleaching under the Black Dog.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=338488&page=48

That's a link to that part of the grow. I had just got a gently used Nextlight for 900$ and switched everything out, arguably stupidly, in late flower. Huge change in spectrum.

I hear the Spyder's excellent, have seen some mad results, but have got plenty of good lights to play with for the moment.:biggrin:

The light

My SPYDR was my creation back in 2014. It is a mix of ~85% CW/NW//WW & 450 and 630. The design was great, the execution poor, but does a fine job. The new versions don't appear to be engineered any better

deepwaterdude

Thanks, I don't get the wide gap in between though. Seems like the worst place to have a big gap in light directly over the middle of the canopy

Yep, was curious about that. But same way on multi quantum-board units, as too much PAR, like having COBs too close together. This unit is 36"square and flower footprint 5x5 at 24", so obviously some lateral light from the diodes. No diodes in the middle because overlap from the two side panels provides same lumens as under the diodes. Provides very even distribution.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep, was curious about that. But same way on multi quantum-board units, as too much PAR, like having COBs too close together. This unit is 36"square and flower footprint 5x5 at 24", so obviously some lateral light from the diodes. No diodes in the middle because overlap from the two side panels provides same lumens as under the diodes. Provides very even distribution.

Hard to believe. Do they provide light meter video to confirm??

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
In the video I linked to he does live readings

Ah. The readings in the center are high 500 - low 600s (not great ), whereas the readings left and right of center are > 1200.

They should have figured that out in R & D

Still, it's a good light for what you paid

good luck with your grows

deepwaterdude

Ah. The readings in the center are high 500 - low 600s (not great ), whereas the readings left and right of center are > 1200.

They should have figured that out in R & D

Still, it's a good light for what you paid

good luck with your grows

Thanks! Yeah, good deal on the light. Don't think I would've forked over the 1500 they ask new. As for measurements, you must be talking about 12" from unit, where the gap in the lights actually makes a difference. At 18" things are in the 8-900s across the board, going down to 300 or so at 3-4 feet from light. Real difficulty with LED growing is getting distance right; where plants receive max lumens or PAR and also the right mix of spectrum. Here spectrum not so much an issue as too much PAR;)

deepwaterdude

Little pic update at 2 weeks 12/12

Little pic update at 2 weeks 12/12

Raised temps in lung room to 70f, tent is a bit higher but still cool for LED growing. Dropped the light to 18" from tops with good reaction from the plants and girls getting 1/2 strength sensi A + B. As additives, will be starting to add a bit of Big Bud 0-4-4 at 1/2 strength for a couple of weeks, then Nirvana.

Everyone's got pistils except for the center untopped Haze x KC that was basically 12/12 from seed. I took off bottom branches and budsites of Haze x KC 2, Panama Haze 2 and Zamaldelica. Will do the others as needed.

Here are some random pics.

Attachments

• 2 weeks since flip.jpg
    2 weeks since flip.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Malawi x PCK.jpg
    Malawi x PCK.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 19
  • OE.jpg
    OE.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 17
  • A plant named Syd (haze x KC2).jpg
    A plant named Syd (haze x KC2).jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 24
  • The canopy at 18%22 from light.jpg
    The canopy at 18%22 from light.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 22

deepwaterdude

3 weeks 12/12

3 weeks 12/12

Here they are at 3 weeks 12/12. Dropped light sched to 11.5/12.5 to kick the hazes in the butt, seems to have worked. Flower is supposed to take off in week 5 for them. Lung room temps now 70 night and day.

Attachments

• Day 22 since flip.jpg
    Day 22 since flip.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Gorgeous Malawi x PCK.jpg
    Gorgeous Malawi x PCK.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Orient Express.jpg
    Orient Express.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 15
  • PanHaze2 closeup.jpg
    PanHaze2 closeup.jpg