What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

pot size for autos

neongreen

Veteran
Hi, reply to old post but did you get results from this experiment?

So far my findings have been that it depends on genetics. Smaller/faster autos don't see much benefit going above 10l, but some will do much better in 14l containers. Pot/container shape (within reason) does not seem to matter as much as total volume. I now have a good mix of 10 and 14/15 liter containers which I use depending on strain.
:tiphat:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Again, very much strain dependent. Autos don't like cramped roots, hence > 11 liter size.

I use 3 gallon but have heard of people using up to 10 gallon ones. It all depends on your setup, the plant's size (which is at least partly genetically determined) & how big you WANT it to get.

I keep mine short for stealth & space reasons, thus I'd never use a 10-gallon pot. If your lights are really powerful & you're trying to get big yields, a bigger pot would definitely be desirable so as not to limit the plant's potential. If you're going for small & stealthy, they can be grown pretty easily in 18-oz party cups or similarly small containers. Did that my first time growing & it was actually less fuss than the one in a full-size pot. Go figure.

dickcorn

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=78991&pictureid=1911244
picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Latest posts