What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Damn it stinks in here!

Scrappy-doo

Here's what's going on in the closet. Chem D in the middle surrounded by skunk 18's on the right, ak-47 f2 females on the left, triangle kush scrogged on the bottom, and a paraguayan bagseed female top left corner.

picture.php

I thought I was done dealing with my last batch of soil, but forgot these skunk 18's have been re-vegging in it from when I force sexed them as teens. Took 3 months to get them back on track. This is #5 and there's one more, #6 a couple weeks behind. Looking good so far, hopefully I can keep them happy.

picture.php

They're a lot more squat here than they would be naturally because of the re-veg. Their normal stature is more like this:

picture.php

That's Male #1 looking good for round 2. First round I collected and mixed all the male pollen. Wanted to get some from this guy solo.

picture.php

Out of 4 females flowered so far, 3 of them were fruity not skunky, but one also had some kushy, meaty, body odor notes. I think this male is a similar pheno. Stem rub he gives off a rubbery, skunky smell. Although I haven't found the skunkbud in this line so far, there's some impressive qualities in there. All very hardy with super stong frames, big yielding, very frosty, and quick finishing. So far all done in about 8 weeks. Might be something worth digging into in the future.

The paraguayan is a single seed that was sent to me from Brazil from a real cool friendly grower there. He said these smell like chocolate which I've been dying to find. From the start she's had a wicked strong spicy earthy smell on the stem rub that got my respect real quick.

Bit of a rough start... Almost killed her by accident about a month ago but she's bounced back pretty well. Right now she's a little bit crammed into the corner but once the D is harvested I'll open her up.

picture.php

Scrappy-doo

Halfway through my last run I swapped out my cycloptics unit for a generic 600w dual cmh setup. This thing is kicking major ass. It's dimmable so I have it running at 490 watts.

This chem D is the first plant that's been under it for a full run, right in the center the whole time and she's absolutely killing it in there @ 8 weeks today.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

LungCooking

Halfway through my last run I swapped out my cycloptics unit for a generic 600w dual cmh setup. This thing is kicking major ass. It's dimmable so I have it running at 490 watts.

This chem D is the first plant that's been under it for a full run, right in the center the whole time and she's absolutely killing it in there @ 8 weeks today.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

wow man, these buds look rocks! n1!

M

mrghost

Let's see how that paraguayan bagseed turns out.

I'm wondering about your pots/buckets. I'm guessing you drilled holes in the bottom and can let water run off through a drain in the floor?

Scrappy-doo

Standard 3 gal buckets, drilled bottoms. I like these better than pots. No drain hole in the floor. I water with little to no runoff.

Yeah the paraguayan should be interesting. Looks like she's gonna yield too.

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Very nice Scrappy... I grew up smoking Paraguaian brick weed, and there are some real nice trippy psychadelic herb if you find the right pheno for sure! Even tho they were very very low quality it still packed a punch! Hope you enjoy it!

Regarding the pollination, I feel like after pollinating, you can wait a minute and spray it with water. I've had great results using this technique!

Peace!

Scrappy-doo

About 3 weeks ago I popped the Carolina Blue x Digi that I got from Heady. 18 seeds total. Unfortunately, I was only able to get 3 of them above ground, only to have them stall on me right after shedding their shells.

It's been 2 weeks now and not seeing any progress at all. They have cotyledons but no real leaves and boy are they looking beaten up.

Anyone have something like this happen before? I still have faith in them, they're not dead yet! But are they really alive... or are they just zombie seedlings? :pumpkin:

picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Take a razor and place a small slit down the side of the stems, along the "v" where the cotyledons meet. Do this on both sides if necessary. Just enough to see if it will free up the plant to allow for secondary growth.

I've had to do this before on old seeds. There are some plants that have self-terminating tops and I'm wanting to say the term is ghost something or another. But I'd try making that small incision before tossing them. Bummer only a couple came up.

dank.Frank

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
aw damn! was really hoping you’d get a nice selection to play with. damn.

i guess the seeds are pretty old at this point. no hard feelings! i’m glad you gave it a shot as it would’ve been a while still before i’ll have the chance to pop some beans.

maybe a couple of these zombie ones will pull thru? i’ll keep my fingers crossed.

TreLo

About 3 weeks ago I popped the Carolina Blue x Digi that I got from Heady. 18 seeds total. Unfortunately, I was only able to get 3 of them above ground, only to have them stall on me right after shedding their shells.

It's been 2 weeks now and not seeing any progress at all. They have cotyledons but no real leaves and boy are they looking beaten up.

Anyone have something like this happen before? I still have faith in them, they're not dead yet! But are they really alive... or are they just zombie seedlings? :pumpkin:

View Image

One of my seedlings did the same thing yesterday, I ended up pulling it up.

Scrappy-doo

Good news for at least one of the CBxDB...

picture.php

Pic is from a couple days ago, growing normal now. It's the same one as the pic above.

So, one will definitely make it, another is dead, and the last one is still in limbo.

Tempted to try to cut the base with a razor, but I'm afraid I'll kill it. Hopefully the other one will follow suit and we'll have 2 of them here for the show.

Total bummer. But I have some other blueberry seeds popped, my Joey Weed BB keeper, and a cut of Oregon Blueberry coming my way, so whether this seedling is a male or a female it's going to fit in here somewhere.

Anyone familiar with Oregon Blue? I know it's a real old cut. Can't find any good info online about her.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When I'm talking of cutting the base, I literally put like MAYBE a 1mm incision that did NOT but barely break the skin of the stalk. You should feel a bit of a slight hollow towards the top where there is a small gap from the meristem trying to push upward.

I've never done it before but I wanted to try everything to get the Chem Sis x Topanga Pure Kush that popped up and was doing the exact same thing. It looked as if there was a slight pressure between the cotyledons, so I performed a surgery. Sure enough, the little lady pulled through and now I have a beautiful chem sis dominant plant crossed to one of the rarest and most prized cuts in California.

If you really don't think it will pull through on it's own, which after watching for a couple days, I was...then what have you really got to loose?

I'm stoked for you that one made it up. There are about 40 or so seeds left of this line in my possession. Maybe I'll be able to get them to come up, but I highly doubt it. The line seems REALLY thick shelled to begin with and was some what difficult to germinate from the onset.

dank.Frank

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Nice to see her through scrappy I had similar and she made it through to good luck :tiphat:

Cannavore

Veteran

View Image

looks like cherry pie s1's i tried growing years ago lol

genetic freaked

Veteran
That sucks about the CBxDB Scrappy.. I popped 10 and only got 3 to make it.. 2 were male but the 1 female is killer medicine.

I still have a couple Heady sent me and I'm going to dig into those.. Hoping I can get a couple more females and a nice male to make more seeds with..
Your more then welcome to then when the time comes.

Last edited: