What's new

yellowing, red spots, towards end of flower, crispy callaxyz..help needed.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Seems like everytime I grow anything with some sativa in it indoors this happens.... Whats goin on? there at about 50 days, leaves all die off, but a crispy sort of yellow, not droopy yellow. Then the calaxes turn a purply color and the tips look like they burn... Whats goin on? I just been flushin the last 2 doses but was using ionic in soil at 2/3rds recomended dosage. I would blame it on the purple max and gravity but this has happenned before without them. Maybe Im destined to just grow indica indoor?

M

mexilandrace

umm, can you describe how it starts?

like where on the plant, what are the first signs, etc etc\

oh ya temps and what strain is it?

Have you grown it outside successfully?

Last edited:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
It starts with the plant yellowing, then all leaves including the ones in the buds just start dying, turning crispy and brown at the worst stage.
Im in soil, fox farm.
Also thinkin I should take the whole plant now to at least have some decent smoke cuz its like its just dieing.
Heres a shot of a bud I took off today and trimmed-

M

mexilandrace

but like the whole plant does it all at once, it starts at the top or the bottom?

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
50 days is about halfway for a sativa. What are you feeding? Sativas like less feeding than indica.

Please fill out the Infirmary form and we can help you better.

FarmerTed

Based upon the info given id say you're starving them. The purple on the leaves indicates a phosphorus deficiency, yellowing nitrogen. I've had plants that looked something like this but, it was after 2 weeks of flushing with plain water at the end of flower. I think you should have been giving full strength feeding by now. Do you use bloom and booster when you say ionic 2/3 strength? Not familiar with your other additives but, i thought they were used only 1-2x during flower? It could also be from a sudden drop in temps? Winter has started which usually means colder lights out temps. You say some sativa, how much is that? 10%, 20% it could still be indica dom. and be a heavier feeder. As Headypete said you should fill out the Infirmary form and give as much info as possible. Goodluck.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
So ya think its eating itself huh?
Here go the list/info

How long has this problem been going on?
1-2weeks
What STRAIN are you growing?
sativa dominant
What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?)
clone
What is the age of your plants?
55 days from rooted clone 12-12
How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now?
about 4 weeks
How Tall are the plants?
about 3 ft
What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot)
3 gallon
What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you
maricle grow(I know, I know..) moisture control mixed with a little bit of coco.
What Nutrient's are you using?
ionic
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water?
3-4 tsp bloom 1/2-1 tsp boost once a week, also 1 tsp purple max, 1 tsp molasses.
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients?
about a week into flowerring
What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect)
What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used?
?
What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"?
?
What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen?
Just do the water and use liquid tester
How often are you watering?
2-3 times a week
When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding?
last feeding week ago, lowerred dosage to mix with gravity(1/2 tsp)
What size bulb are you using?
600hps
What is the distance to the canopy?
14 inches
What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity)
low
What is the canopy temperature?
about 80
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range)
65-80
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)
4 inch vortex
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ?
always running
Is the fan blowing directly at plants?
yes
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist?
a little.
Is your water HARD or SOFT?
medium(.2)?
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water?
quality tap
Are you using water from a water softener?
no
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched?
no
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when?
a lttle bit of safer insect soap, but not all over the plant.
Are plant's infected with pest's?
was a few spider mites but never touched this one for some reason..

There it is there.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
could it be then that the nutrients are locked out? Cuz I feed it once a week, mybe Im overfeeding?
to answer mexilandrace's question I have grown this one outdoors, it was some of the best purple shit I ever smoked....
Heres a little more of what it looked like earlier to show progression....
heres 30 days:

Heres what it turned out lookin like outdoors....

Im thinkin I should probly pull this one before the insides start to rot cuz all the dieing leaves, Im just tryna figure it out for the next time... My folks who gave it to me said heavy feeding is good, Im wonderrin what could have caused the nutrient lock out..

Last edited:

FarmerTed

GET MO said:
So ya think its eating itself huh?
Yes, i do.
The only thing i can see is watering 2-3 times a week might be to much keeping your root zone to wet preventing nutrient uptake. I'd water once a week more only if the plant starts to droop. Watering that often also may have flushed most of your nutes out, nutes 1x & water 3x a week means your plant has nutes for 2 days and its basically getting flushed for 5 days. Oh and theres nothing wrong with MG you just have to remember theres a months worth of nutes in it and unless you're seeing a deficiency i would'nt add more. IF you want to see some good p/k lock out pics look in my gallery. Also the one w/ the tape measure was in MG start to finish, MG nutes only one time during flower, then flushed with just water for two weeks. If i can find the post flushing pic i'll add it to my gallery so you can see the coloration. Wait for some other persons input and then decide what to do.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Should I pull in the morning? since all the leaves is dead I take it aint no salvation for this right huere.

FarmerTed

Thats what i would do. I think its too far gone, might as well get something new going. Sorry for your loss...been there...done that.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Yep.... overlept after a wild nite, gon haveta wait till tomarrow mornin to pull, christmas buds!

Latest posts

Latest posts