What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Finishing times, Photoperiod, Latitude, and how it all works!!

NENugger

After reading this thread, (very informative, thanks) it seems like knowing the light/ dark ratio say 15/9 when a strain began flowering would be crucial to figuring out finishing time for different locations. Would that work?

little-soldier

I wonder if you could test different strains indoor by starving their light cycles. i.e. starting from 15h lights on, wait 2 weeks if they dont flower, go down to 14h and so on.
judging by the quickness of a perticular strain/pheno you could pretty much tell if it will finish outdoors in your area

Pédetoddy

Original skunk #1 flowering in summer soustice, lat 19
Female
picture.php

Male
picture.php

DenverJim

I’ve been outside for almost 10yrs. There are useless strains for outside. Afg #1 from Seedsman might finish inside in 45 days but outside it takes till Nov. I even grew clones last year.
I have found that beeeders flowering times either days or month is of little value since you don’t know weather the seeds were produced inside or outside in a greenhouse with light dep or not.
My belief is that a lot of seeds are produced in southern Spain around 40 degrees N.
I have found that if a plant is grown and seeds are produced and grown outside again they will finish faster. I also had a clone I grew last year from an outside plant. It was about a few month earlier than the original plant. I think starting plants outside let’s them adjust to the photo period and flower so may finish earlier. That is what I am doing this year.
Tropical sativas usually will start in August and just wait till early sept to really produce some will finish by late Sept. I grew hashplant haze, nevil’s skunk , super hz freebie from delicious. The hash plant hz did poorly tiny buds that tasted like shit. The other two produced a massive yield. Finished early Nov. It depends on Oct weather here.
I tried northern varieties awhile back and they don’t do well this far south. Flower fast with marble sized buds with little potency. ( Swiss cheese another worthless strain) Experience and paying attention to everything helps.

Latest posts

Latest posts