What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY Aero Cloner the EZ-Cloner Replica in 10 Easy Steps!

senseless

what senseless built an ez cloner in 10 easy steps!!.....

what senseless built an ez cloner in 10 easy steps!!.....

i like it!

i couldnt fine the exact drill bit or tap for my sprayers so i found one that let them screw in pretty snug and then i hot glued them and its holding up great so far.

when i fired it up i noticed that the lid wasnt water tight.i had to do something so noticd that there was 4 ledges on the inside of the tub. one on each side. they're the indentions for the handles... so i cut the lid to fit snugly inside the tub and rest on the ledges that way its like a lid inside a tray.

i used a 18 gallon container, 265 gph eco plus pump, 18 ez cloner sprayers(could add more still but i dont want to waste sprayers). and it holds 4 gallons of water when its running. and i used a swimming pool noodle to make collars for the clones.

im really stoked because my freind just spent $300+ on a 30 site ez cloner and i spend less than 30$ including a new dewalt drill set on mine and its a 35 site!!

THANKS for making this thread KINGRALPH!

clowntown

Veteran
I couldn't quite figure it out... but it looks like cloning gels / rooting hormones are not used in these aero cloners?

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
I just made one of these today as my sick plant infirmary. Very easy and outside of the water pump cost was less than $10.

G

clowntown said:
I couldn't quite figure it out... but it looks like cloning gels / rooting hormones are not used in these aero cloners?

They do not have to be used and many don't but they can be used. Thats what I've gathered. I'll be firing mine up soon and will be trying both ways. I do like the idea of the scar being covered up when they first get cut.

clowntown

Veteran
The thing I've been wondering all this time, especially with the EZ-Cloner method, was whether that gel would easily be washed away by the sprayers.

G

I'm sure it will be. I guess it would only stay on there for a few minutes.

macster

If the gel is in the water (enzyme) it will probaply do the same thing.

How long can you leave the clones in the cloner?? Because you've basically built an aero system and your vegging them

trinity

excellent thread, big up everyone for spreadin the knowledge.

1 question..

how does the rooted cutting adjust to being placed into a soil filled container?? Is there stress from going to aero into soil?

How much water are you supposed to fill the reservoirs up with?

Thanks in advance people!!

G

1. I transplant into very wet soil. It does take some time for them to start growing again. Maybe a week at most.

2. The pump should be submerged and then some.

trinity

so a 350 GPH pump will be fine in a 31 gallon res or 18 gall res. And where does the cord from the pump come out of? The original directions at the beginninf of the thread confused me a bit but im still going to make it

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
I made a small one from a 10gal Sterilite Walmart special ($4 with tax). 4gal of water total and a 396 Ecoplus pump. The only pain was sealing the lip of the lid. I ended up using *liberal* amounts of aquarium silicone to make a decent seal between the tub and the lid. It still drips a bit but not enough to worry about.

cremater

Built this with some mods last night...

Built this with some mods last night...

I built the basic system as the original post last night. So very easy, and cheap.

It took me about an hour to put this thing together, not counting the time I spent gathering the materials, and total cost on it was $27.56. That aint to bad since the Aero cloner brand 35 site is running 300+ at my local hydro shop.

I did make one small mistake, the pump I chose was a bit too small (184 GPH) and so didnt build the pressure I need to run the misters well, so for another 25 bucks I will step up to about a 400GPH pump and it should run beautifully.

I am also going to add a piece of black lexan to be screwed to the lid with a slightly smaller hole in it, say 1-3/4 inch diameter so that the neopren disks cant fall thru and I dont have to use anything like hot glue or whatever to hold them in place.

Probably total when I am done I will have around 50$ in the set up total and maybe 2 hours assembly time. I make $30 an hour at work so that is the number I use to calculate my time cost. so look at it like this....

$50.00 Materials cost
2 hours assembly @ $30 hr = $60

Total cost = $110.00

compared to

$325 for a ready made Aero cloner

$325 - $110 = $215 savings

I am a firm believer that if it costs me close to the same amount as just purchasing something if I build it with materials and time both included then you should just buy it, but if you can save yourself 2/3 of the retail cost and you CAN build it, then you should.

This works every bit as good as the retail versions and is 1/2 - 3/4 less expensive by building it yourself.

If you have the tools, build it, the buds will come! :joint:

Last edited:
G

Excellent Post Everyone

Excellent Post Everyone

Thanks to everyone for the post
Great idea King Ralph
No more peat pellets for me... Off to home depot now

I hope to go full Aero in the future.. Have studied the GH Aero2 and looks like an easy design. These companies must be making a fortune. The time and material are 1/20th the cost. :badday: :badday:

We need to do more of this so these materials will become more available and easy to get. Buying from grow stores just makes us more visible to the gustopo.

Peace everyone :woohoo:

Vuala !

Got mine up and running again - no more bubble cloning! I have a brand new power jet from a Pond running these sprayers. It keeps the water temp perfect, although I need to change it every few days.

I made a special top for mine. Just another roughneck tub turned upside down, fitted with light sockets to hold 2 12W 6500K compact fluorescents. The top holds in humidity, keeps temps perfect (my grow room goes through winter with no heat, ask why later) and supplies light to the cuttings.

clowntown

Veteran
Very nice! :yes:

A clear dome (or at least a semi-translucent one) would have been even better, though. Very nice, either way!