What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything Outdoor 2018

Dankwolf

By the sounds of all the stuff your feading your plants I would say even with out the sings you are seeing that I am 99% sure you are over doing the nutes.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I've got like 3-4 plants in this little hole...5x5 I dug. And only the one plant is showing this. It's not really rust spots: like dead rusty leaves...,it's more the vein up the center is rusty and it's kinda like you'd sprinkle glitter or salt....it's a very fine mist like of rust color. I dunno she's way into flowering. Definatly farther than any plant I've got into flower. I'm gonna up a pic later. It's not the best pic but maybe you guys can kinda see it. It's not a nute burn type of thing but I'm not really sure. I'm not planning to visit the area again for at least 7 days. I removed a few of the worst leaves from her

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
By the sounds of all the stuff your feading your plants I would say even with out the sings you are seeing that I am 99% sure you are over doing the nutes.

Well that's possibly but these are guerilla plants with slow release fert mixed into the holes. I've only carried in one feeding probably a mounth ago and a weak dose of Epsom salts I gave them one time. I only visit them about every 10 days. I'm kinda thinking back when I dug the holes that the area that plants in might've got more SR in that area or wasn't spread evenly.

My container area doesn't have these problems.....just that ONE guerilla plant outta probably 40-50 total plants. I'm not really doing anything much different than I've done for 25yrs with feeding. Except the slow release fertilizer in the guerilla patches. I know last time I carried Epsom salts my ph meter had screwed up too....so maybe it might've been way off. This water is shit around here, I hate having to use it

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well that's possibly but these are guerilla plants with slow release fert mixed into the holes. I've only carried in one feeding probably a mounth ago and a weak dose of Epsom salts I gave them one time. I only visit them about every 10 days. I'm kinda thinking back when I dug the holes that the area that plants in might've got more SR in that area or wasn't spread evenly.

My container area doesn't have these problems.....just that ONE guerilla plant outta probably 40-50 total plants. I'm not really doing anything much different than I've done for 25yrs with feeding. Except the slow release fertilizer in the guerilla patches. I know last time I carried Epsom salts my ph meter had screwed up too....so maybe it might've been way off. This water is shit around here, I hate having to use it

If you have a Mg deficiency in a very sandy soil, there is a good reason to add Mg. Most other soils have too much Mg. You can also have an excess of K, Na or Mg itself and cause a Mg deficiency.

99% of the time, there is a Mg deficiency due to a Ca deficiency. Applying Mg won't help.

A way to test if you need Mg or not, it to apply it to the leaves in a foliar application of 1.5% Epsom.

If the plant likes it, you will see a response. If it gets worse, well, you know what that means.

Took me years to understand that one.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
If you have a Mg deficiency in a very sandy soil, there is a good reason to add Mg. Most other soils have too much Mg. You can also have an excess of K, Na or Mg itself and cause a Mg deficiency.

99% of the time, there is a Mg deficiency due to a Ca deficiency. Applying Mg won't help.

A way to test if you need Mg or not, it to apply it to the leaves in a foliar application of 1.5% Epsom.

If the plant likes it, you will see a response. If it gets worse, well, you know what that means.

Great tip!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran

Yes I know what your saying but it's not the familiar leaf signs like the CA....Mg type of issue....KY leaves/plant is kinda more so showing the problem you speaking about.

It was nearly dark when I was up at the plot.....see the other plants are basically in the same hole. There's 3 plants and 2 same strain. It's only this one plant. I'll see more about it when I go back but there's not dead leaves on anything. And the other 2 plants are very lush healthy looking. I just don't feel it's a Ca or MG def on this plant or abundance. I really think the fertilizer is to thick around that plant. But I'll take in account all idea, opinions, thoughts and have a couple different options when I get back up there and look at it and see more so what I should do ....if anything. I'll having multiple options though when I head back to the plot. I really appriciate the ideas guys....I wish I could've had more time to get some pics of it

Dankwolf

Yes I know what your saying but it's not the familiar leaf signs like the CA....Mg type of issue....KY leaves/plant is kinda more so showing the problem you speaking about.

It was nearly dark when I was up at the plot.....see the other plants are basically in the same hole. There's 3 plants and 2 same strain. It's only this one plant. I'll see more about it when I go back but there's not dead leaves on anything. And the other 2 plants are very lush healthy looking. I just don't feel it's a Ca or MG def on this plant or abundance. I really think the fertilizer is to thick around that plant. But I'll take in account all idea, opinions, thoughts and have a couple different options when I get back up there and look at it and see more so what I should do ....if anything. I'll having multiple options though when I head back to the plot. I really appriciate the ideas guys....I wish I could've had more time to get some pics of it

I can't explain like slow can . but I can tell you feet/bites come second to your main citation (calcium) and cal /mag ration must come first .

I spent 15 plus years thinking nute this nute that whoo whoo juice hear and there lol. All I can say is I fought his advise as well and it was not tell I started implementing his technic and advise I was only taping into a small amount of this beautiful plants possabiltys .

I studie under large commercial growers when it was not cool to grow like today . I have spent many hours studying and going through programs like oregon state university's master gardener program not to mention many others .

Slownickel has a way of helping even the most stubborn like me lol.

Dankwolf

In my defence I have spent most of the past 5 years studying gentetics .I thought I had my soil science on point lol.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Trust me guys I'm a Ca ....MG micro/ macro kinda guy. I've dealt with many strains that give these problems....WW, BB....even a lot of OGs. I'm 100% appriciate the advice from slownickel and will do what's he describing when I go back to the plot. I'm gonna take a few options up there too when I go. If not the slow release it could possible be a K abundance from a foliage feeding (seaweed). When I watered with Epsom salts the last time....foliar feeding 1:4 seaweed

But I'm not sure of whoo who juice lol....I've about a 30-45min hike from this patch I've only carried 2 feedings to this plot. And very weak/ diluted at that....that's why I've got slow release in the holes because it's not a patch I can go to maybe once every 2 wks. There's so many security issues a lot don't understand unless you live in these illegal areas. There's just things it's not possibly you us to do and not get robbed/ killed or jailed.

My description of the problem might not be correct....I kinda feel a picture could better explain. It's not the classic issue like KYs pic shows. I'm sorry I'm see if any pics have enough light to show. Give me a few mins and I'll check the pics.

Again I appriciate any and all advice, info...when I get back up there I'll do the exact steps slownickel has described. Like I said it's only that single plant outta 40-50 plants so that's kinda what complexes things. Definatly not fighting any advice guys so don't think that

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yes that's what I'm gonna do when I get back up there....I'm tempted to go back early and do it. I'll probably go back the nx few days because I didn't get to spray my fungicide or tie down everything I wanted. So I'll get caught up on that stuff and do what SN described. Maybe the Ca or MG got locked out when I fed with the ph off. Good thing we got guys to help and guys to try out the info right???? Lol. I wish those bitches wasn't up on that mtn ....it's rough on my ankle hiking up there.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'm trying to get a New Outdoor Strain guide started. If any of you guys get time to contribute it would be great. I love the old one it's got a ton of strains and info but it's got pushed to the back seems like. We can start a new one with updated strains and info and it'll be of a help to everybody. So list some of your past grows I've got the info in the thread. It's basically like the older one. Maybe we can get some new info

Rodehazrd

I followed the discussion on the overfed plant guys and I think theres one thing I can add. The slow release feed is mislabled, it should say water release. More rain more fert.

Also if you like slo's advice read some of his recomended info. Start with Tiedjens he's an easy read. And a big calcium guy.

On the PH issue I am organic so I rely on the roots to exude the right levels for what the plant needs. PH will vary widely from one root to another according to Lowenfells Teaming with Microbes.

If you load your soil with enough calcium/lime the microbeasties will work out the PH for themselves. :tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I followed the discussion on the overfed plant guys and I think theres one thing I can add. The slow release feed is mislabled, it should say water release. More rain more fert.

Also if you like slo's advice read some of his recomended info. Start with Tiedjens he's an easy read. And a big calcium guy.

On the PH issue I am organic so I rely on the roots to exude the right levels for what the plant needs. PH will vary widely from one root to another according to Lowenfells Teaming with Microbes.

If you load your soil with enough calcium/lime the microbeasties will work out the PH for themselves. :tiphat:

Yes I've had enough rain the last 2mth to probably wash all the nutes outta the slow release.....so they've definatly got the nutrients the past 2 mths.

On the ph....I use dolomite and have for the last at least 15-18yrs I grew. But I've always adjusted my ph on my nutrient solution....especially indoors. I know it's doesn't seem to matter to a lot of outdoor guys but I don't like to feed a nutrient solution that's out in left field on the ph. I've seen some stuff be way outta the 5.5-7 range. Yea once I understand the ph of my water and my solution I don't really worry about it. But one to his own.

Don't forgot guys try to contribute some past grows to the NEW OUTDOOR STRAIN guide. It's in the growing outdoor thread I started a NEW one so everybody can have it for new references:tiphat:

Mengsk

Dolomitic lime (ag powder not pelletized) that I want to say I bought cheap where they sell bags of cement though it's been so many years is cal mag. I just looked it up recently. Indoor or hydro I'd measure everything but outdoors with the soil microbes it's more of an educated guess I think, following guidelines from others.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Dolomitic lime (ag powder not pelletized) that I want to say I bought cheap where they sell bags of cement though it's been so many years is cal mag. I just looked it up recently. Indoor or hydro I'd measure everything but outdoors with the soil microbes it's more of an educated guess I think, following guidelines from others.

I put dolomite in my soil mix for container plants. I've used the pellet form probably 20yrs. Some of my guerilla plants I had some mixed soil I put in the holes....not a whole lot. I'm use Mykos, plant success , the mycorrizhia but that's about as live as I do things.

I'm not in a region to get all these products to do these living soil type things that some guys do. I'm lucky to not be seen buying soil and somebody report me for growing. I can't haul in things that's in the living soils. I know guys have great results with living soils, but unless I move to a region or area that doesn't have nosy neighbors and community's adding mycorrihzea is about as living as my soil will be. I've used some form of my soil mix for the entire 25yrd I've grew . I adjust and tweak things for indoor or outdoor. I add 1-2tbs dolomite per gallon

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I know one thing for sure. These snails must love the Jack Herer strain. I've got this fem that got attacked earlier in Veg. I moved her and put some beer and the base and she's doing good. But all the rains wash the beer outta my cups and they got on her just a little bit....not bad this time before I refilled the brew. But she was around 2-3 other strains and the Jack was basically the one the snails seem to favor. I've got 2 very nice little Jacks from Seedsman. The more indica type is the snails favorite. They really haven't bothered the more sativa version. But as a whole I've had to watch the snails....they seem to be one of my pains in the ass lol. I'm gonna get the box of granular at Walmart because it's hard to keep beer in the cups with the rains:the dog.....seems like it drys out fast if I try to cover it so rain don't get in it. So it's a kinda damned if I do scenario. But I'll get a box of this granular and see how it goes. I've not done much, just sprayed my plants with a Bayer/neem 3-1 fungicide..,. I mixed it half strength per the directions and add a small amount of neem. I haven't sprayed my plants in a few wks and with all the rains and early flower phase coming. It definatly time to stay on top of mold. I try to keep the bottom cleaned up from any dead leaves and try to keep the bottom pruned some. So if we did get any breeze the plants can take it in. As I was saying before security is at a level 10 for sure. There's so many problems you have to endour, everybody stay safe out there.

PDX Dopesmoker

Here is a photo of this summer's stud farm so far. With luck I'll get a couple more dudes in there before its all done. I go out onto this balcony every day to pick off the ripening flowers before they open because I only want to do spot polination on a few lower branches of my females rather than pollinate every plant the holler, some neighbors mightn't like that. Its kind of a time consuming chore and I've been wondering about using a defoliant to speed things up.
yCRPPY2.jpg

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Very nice man....what strains do you got there. I had a Super Cream Cookies male from RealGorilla I pulled it this evening. I couldn't believe I done that until I'd already pulled him. The only male left around here....I'd like to have kept him and dusted something