What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Idiot Terrorist Strike in NY

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I think saying "yeah but, there is bad shit in the bible too ya know" is completely disingenuous tbh. It's whataboutery. The fact is, Christianity had it's balls cut off a long time ago.

A few years ago, Danish embassies across the globes were attacked in the wake of the cartoon controversy. The difference between bad shit in the bible and bad shit in the koran is how seriously a not insignificant proportion of adherents take these things. Ebbassy attacks, rioting in the name of people in non islamic cultures not "respecting" (pandering to) islamic belief is a toddler tantrum.

What I'm saying is, Islam hasn't grown up.

More generally, these topics are made so much harder by people on both sides being intellectually dishonest to support their side of the argument. Straw men, cherry picking, principles that only apply when it serves the argument, it's shit.

What we're seeing happening in Europe particularly now is a backlash against "progressive" overreach in a number of areas. When you tell people for years that the only possible reason they could object to large scale immigration is racial hatred, maybe a lot of them just think fuck it I may as well support the racists then...and you end up with the far right taking 1/3rd of the german parliament on their first comeback tour in 70 years...
because they were the only people listening to ordinary indigenous people's concerns.

Love and hugs, a Brexiter who voted for Jeremy Corbyn and will again.

vta

Veteran
Jihad Watch. Why does that not raise an eyebrow.

Not sure. Do you even know anything about jihad watch? Like who runs the site? Or is it you just have to bash anything that differs from your opinion?

Robert Spencer.

About Robert Spencer

ROBERT SPENCER is the director of Jihad Watch, a program of the David Horowitz Freedom Center, and the author of seventeen books, including the New York Times bestsellers The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades) and The Truth About Muhammad. His latest book is The Complete Infidel’s Guide to Free Speech (and Its Enemies). Coming in November 2017 is Confessions of an Islamophobe (Bombardier Books).

Spencer has led seminars on Islam and jihad for the FBI, the United States Central Command, United States Army Command and General Staff College, the U.S. Army’s Asymmetric Warfare Group, the Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF), the Justice Department’s Anti-Terrorism Advisory Council and the U.S. intelligence community. He has discussed jihad, Islam, and terrorism at a workshop sponsored by the U.S. State Department and the German Foreign Ministry. He is a consultant with the Center for Security Policy.

Spencer is a weekly columnist for PJ Media and FrontPage Magazine, and has written many hundreds of articles about jihad and Islamic terrorism. His articles on Islam and other topics have appeared in the Los Angeles Times, the San Francisco Examiner, the New York Post, the Washington Times, the Dallas Morning News, Fox News Opinion, National Review, The Hill, the Detroit News, TownHall.com, Real Clear Religion, the Daily Caller, the New Criterion, the Journal of International Security Affairs, the UK’s Guardian, Canada’s National Post, Middle East Quarterly, WorldNet Daily, First Things, Insight in the News, Aleteia, and many other journals. For nearly ten years Spencer wrote the weekly Jihad Watch column at Human Events. He has also served as a contributing writer to the Investigative Project on Terrorism and as an Adjunct Fellow with the Free Congress Foundation.

Spencer has appeared on the BBC, ABC News, CNN, FoxNews’s Tucker Carlson Show, the O’Reilly Factor, Megyn Kelly’s The Kelly File, the Sean Hannity Show, Geraldo Rivera Reports, the Glenn Beck Show, Fox and Friends, America’s News HQ and many other Fox programs, PBS, MSNBC, CNBC, C-Span, CTV News, Bill O’Reilly’s No Spin News, France24, Voice of Russia and Croatia National Television (HTV), as well as on numerous radio programs including The Sean Hannity Show, Bill O’Reilly’s Radio Factor, The Mark Levin Show, The Laura Ingraham Show, The Herman Cain Show, The Joe Piscopo Show, The Howie Carr Show, The Curt Schilling Show, Bill Bennett’s Morning in America, Michael Savage’s Savage Nation, The Alan Colmes Show, The G. Gordon Liddy Show, The Neal Boortz Show, The Michael Medved Show, The Michael Reagan Show, The Rusty Humphries Show, The Larry Elder Show, The Peter Boyles Show, Vatican Radio, and many others.

Robert Spencer has been a featured speaker at the University of California-Irvine, Temple University, Dartmouth College, Penn State University, the University of California-Los Angeles, Stanford University, New York University, Brown University, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, the University of Virginia, State University of New York-Binghamton, State University of New York-Stony Brook, Florida State University, DePaul University, the College of William and Mary, Washington University of St. Louis, the University of Wisconsin at Madison, the University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee, Boise State University, Cal Poly, Portland State University, and many other colleges and universities. He has also addressed the Heritage Foundation, the Simon Wiesenthal Center’s Museum of Tolerance in New York City, the Hudson Institute, the Temple of the Arts in Los Angeles, the San Diego Jewish Book Fair, the Young Presidents’ Organization, Calvary Chapel Pacific Coast, the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), FreedomFest, Young America’s Foundation, Hershey’s Sweet Retreat, the John W. Pope Civitas Institute, the Conservative Forum of Silicon Valley, Train the Trainer, and many other audiences.

A complete listing of Robert Spencer’s books:

Islam Unveiled: Disturbing Questions About the World’s Fastest Growing Faith (Encounter Books)
Onward Muslim Soldiers: How Jihad Still Threatens America and the West (Regnery Publishing)
Inside Islam: A Guide for Catholics (with Daniel Ali) (Ascension Press)
The Myth of Islamic Tolerance: How Islamic Law Treats Non-Muslims (Prometheus Books)
The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades) (Regnery Publishing)
The Truth About Muhammad: Founder of the World’s Most Intolerant Religion (Regnery Publishing)
Religion of Peace? Why Christianity Is and Islam Isn’t (Regnery Publishing)
Stealth Jihad: How Radical Islam is Subverting America without Guns or Bombs (Regnery Publishing)
The Complete Infidel’s Guide to the Koran (Regnery Publishing)
The Post-American Presidency: The Obama Administration’s War On America (with Pamela Geller) (Threshold Editions/Simon & Schuster)
Did Muhammad Exist? An Inquiry Into Islam’s Obscure Origins (ISI Books)
Not Peace But A Sword: The Great Chasm Between Christianity and Islam (Catholic Answers Press)
Arab Winter Comes to America: The Truth About the War We’re In (Regnery Publishing)
The Complete Infidel’s Guide to ISIS (Regnery Publishing)
The Complete Infidel’s Guide to Iran (Regnery Publishing)
The Complete Infidel’s Guide to Free Speech (and Its Enemies) (Regnery Publishing)
Confessions of an Islamophobe (coming in November 2017 from Bombardier Books)

Spencer’s books have been translated into many languages, including Spanish, Italian, German, Finnish, Korean, Polish and Bahasa Indonesia. His Qur’an commentary at Jihad Watch, Blogging the Qur’an, has been translated into Czech, Danish, German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese.

Spencer (MA, Religious Studies, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill) has been studying Islamic theology, law, and history in depth since 1980. His work has aroused the ire of the foes of freedom and their dupes: in October 2011, Muslim Brotherhood-linked groups wrote to Homeland Security Advisor (and current CIA director) John Brennan, demanding that Spencer be removed as a trainer for the FBI and military groups, which he taught about the belief system of Islamic jihadists; Brennan immediately complied as counter-terror training materials were scrubbed of all mention of Islam and jihad. Spencer has been banned by the British government from entering the United Kingdom for pointing out accurately that Islam has doctrines of violence against unbelievers. He has been invited by name to convert to Islam by a senior member of al-Qaeda.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Why should I believe what you say about Islam?
RS: Pick up any of my books, and you will see that they are made up largely of quotations from Islamic jihadists and the traditional Islamic sources to which they appeal to justify violence and terrorism. My work sheds light on what these sources say.

The evidence stands by itself; readers can evaluate it for themselves. I would, of course, be happy to debate any scholar about Islam and jihad; this is a standing invitation.

Q: Have you debated Islamic scholars and spokesmen?
RS: Yes, I have debated imams and Islamic scholars including Anjem Choudhary, Omar Bakri, Moustafa Zayed, Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed, Mubin Shaikh, and many others. I have discussed and/or debated various aspects of it with Jaafar Siddiqui and Salam Al-Marayati (twice) on the Michael Medved Show; Al-Marayati again on the Alan Colmes Show and Radio Islam; Hussam Ayloush on the Dennis Prager Show and another show; Hussein Ibish on CNN radio; As’ad AbuKhalil (the “Angry Arab”) on a station in San Diego; Muqtedar Khan on a Jamaican radio station; Ibrahim Hooper on MSNBC TV with Keith Olbermann; Abdul Malik Ali on Pax TV; two Islamic scholars on Michael Coren’s TV show in Toronto; Abdulaziz Sachedina and an Iranian scholar on the Lou Dobbs show; and Ayloush and AbuKhalil, as well as Khaleel Mohammed, in print. Others also.

Q: Why have you studied Islam for so long?
RS: It has been an enduring fascination. Since childhood I have had an interest in the Muslim world, from which my family comes. When I was very young my grandparents would tell me stories about their life there, and I always heard them with great interest. When I met Muslim students as a college undergraduate I began reading and studying the Qur’an in earnest. That led to in-depth forays into tafsir (interpretations of the Qur’an), hadith (traditions of the Prophet Muhammad), and much more about Islamic theology and law. While working on my master’s thesis, which dealt not with Islam but (in part) with some early Christian heretical groups, I began to study early Islamic history, since some of these groups ended up in Arabia and may have influenced Muhammad. In the intervening years I continued these studies of Islamic theology, history, and law out of personal interest.

This led to my consulting privately with some individuals and groups about Islam, but I had never intended to do such work publicly. However, after 9/11 I was asked to write my first book, Islam Unveiled, in order to correct some of the misapprehensions about Islam that were widespread at that time.

Q: I’ve read that you are actually a white supremacist neo-Nazi.
RS: No. I have consistently opposed racism and supremacism of all kinds — otherwise, I wouldn’t oppose the global jihad.

Q: I’ve read that you are actually ignorant of Islam.
RS: Such a charge is a common, albeit empty, rhetorical tactic of jihadist apologists. I am ready to defend my statements about Islam and jihad in discussion or debate with virtually anyone.

Q: Do you hate Muslims?
RS: Of course not. Islam is not a monolith, and never have I said or written anything that characterizes all Muslims as terrorist or given to violence. To call attention to the roots and goals of jihad violence within Islamic texts and teachings, and to show how jihadists use those texts and teachings, says nothing at all about what any given Muslim believes or how he acts. Any Muslim who renounces violent jihad and dhimmitude is welcome to join in our anti-jihadist efforts. Any hate in my books comes from Muslim sources quoted, not from me. Cries of “hatred” and “bigotry” are effectively used by American Muslim advocacy groups to try to stifle the debate about the terrorist threat. But there is no substance to them.
It is not an act of hatred against Muslims to point out the depredations of jihad ideology. It is a peculiar species of displacement and projection to accuse someone who exposes the hatred of one group of hatred himself: I believe in the equality of rights and dignity of all people, and that is why I oppose the global jihad. Those who make the charge use it as a tool to frighten the credulous and politically correct away from the truth.

Some time ago here at Jihad Watch I had an exchange with an English convert to Islam. I said: “I would like nothing better than a flowering, a renaissance, in the Muslim world, including full equality of rights for women and non-Muslims in Islamic societies: freedom of conscience, equality in laws regarding legal testimony, equal employment opportunities, etc.” Is all that “anti-Muslim”? My correspondent thought so. He responded: “So, you would like to see us ditch much of our religion and, thereby, become non-Muslims.”

In other words, he saw a call for equality of rights for women and non-Muslims in Islamic societies, including freedom of conscience, equality in laws regarding legal testimony, and equal employment opportunities, as a challenge to his religion. To the extent that they are, these facts have to be confronted by both Muslims and non-Muslims. But it is not “anti-Muslim” to wish freedom of conscience and equality of rights on the Islamic world — quite the contrary.

Q: Do you think all Muslims are terrorists?
RS: See above.

Q: Are you trying to incite anti-Muslim hatred?
RS: Certainly not. I am trying to point out the depth and extent of the hatred that is directed against the United States, because efforts to downplay its depth and extent leave us less equipped to defend ourselves. Anyone who targets innocent Muslims in the USA is not only evil, but is playing into the hands of the jihadists who are trying to fan the flames of anti-American hatred. Also, one of the reasons why the war on terror is so important is that those who would destroy Western civilization do not believe in the principles of due process and justice that are central elements of the American system.

Q: Are you deliberately ignoring more liberal schools of thought in Islam?
RS: Certainly not. Any Muslim individual or group who works for genuine reform of the Islamic doctrines, theological tenets and laws that Islamic jihadists use to justify violence, is to be commended. But this reform must be undertaken honestly and thoroughly, confronting the texts of the Qur’an, Hadith, and Sira that are used to justify violence against unbelievers, and decisively rejecting Qur’anic literalism. Not all self-proclaimed moderates are truly moderate: many deny that these elements of Islam exist at all — hardly a promising platform for reform. It is important to make proper distinctions and speak honestly about the roots of the terrorist threat.

Q: Can you recommend a good English translation of the Qur’an?
RS: N. J. Dawood’s is the most readable in English. However, most versions do not mark the verse numbers precisely. Some non-Muslims don’t like it because he uses “God” for Allah, although since Arabic-speaking Christians use “Allah” for the God of the Bible, and have for over a millennium, this is a problem for poseurs and pseudo-scholars but is not really a serious objection to anyone who knows both languages. Also, many Muslims dislike this translation because Dawood was not a Muslim, and doesn’t sugarcoat any of the passages. Two translations by Muslims, those by Abdullah Yusuf Ali and Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall, are generally reliable, although both write in a stilted, practically unreadable pseudo-King James Bible English. Of the two, Ali’s contains more liberties with the text — such as adding “(lightly)” to Sura 4:34 after the directive to husbands to beat their disobedient wives. The Arabic doesn’t say to beat them lightly, it just says to beat them. Pickthall’s is generally accurate.

There are other good translations. For years I have liked Arberry’s for its audacious literalism and often poetic English. Compare, for example, 81:15-18:

فَلَا أُقْسِمُ بِالْخُنَّسِ الْجَوَارِ الْكُنَّسِ وَاللَّيْلِ إِذَا عَسْعَسَ وَالصُّبْحِ إِذَا تَنَفَّسَ

…in Pickthall and Arberry: Pickthall: “Oh, but I call to witness the planets, the stars which rise and set, and the close of night, and the breath of morning…” Arberry: “No! I swear by the slinkers, the runners, the sinkers, by the night swarming, by the dawn sighing…” Shades of the Symbolists. Arberry gives a hint of how the book sounds in Arabic, in which it is full of beguiling rhymes and rhythms.

Q: What can we do about this threat?
RS: Many things, but what we must do above all is remain true to our principles of freedom and equality of rights and dignity for all. These ideas and related ones are what set us apart from global jihadists. If we discard them in order to fight the jihadists, we risk erasing the distinction between the two camps.

Q: What is Jihad Watch?
RS: Jihad Watch is an attempt to raise awareness about the activities of the global jihadists. We are a 501c3 organization affiliated with the David Horowitz Freedom Center.

Q: Why are you doing this?
RS: The doctrines of jihad and Islamic supremacism threaten the peace and human rights of all free people. If it is not confronted and resisted, it will prevail.

Jihad Watch director Robert Spencer is available to speak to your group or on your program regarding current events and/or other issues relating to jihad and dhimmitude. Contact him at director[at]jihadwatch.org.

vta

Veteran
Smh someone should spend as much time as Gypsy pointing out the violent, sexist, homophobic verses in the bible. Your intent to rally the troops against Islam is flailing but keep posting propaganda im sure you'll get one or two like minded individuals. It puts a smile on my face to see how many on here disagree with your rhetoric and have the courage to speak up.

:huggg: Sorry dude {also sorry if I am not using a preferred pronoun}. This thread is about the latest terror attack and what causes such horrific acts. This one was caused by Islamic terrorism, helped by a crappy immigration policy.

This thread is not about Christians...it's about the religion that encourages people to strap bombs on themselves to kill innocents.

Nobody wants a sore cooter...so I suggest contribute something worth debating...add something of substance to the thread.

W

Water-

I bet I could sit this whole community down and show them an interpretive perception of those texts they never considered

They have layers of meaning that elicit a certain response from certain mindsets

There is a huge deficit of critical thinking here and it gets worse when people get emotional.

I don't understand what gypsy is trying to accomplish but to throw the bible under the table in response is not reasonable.

Either you believe in the god of Abraham or you do not, gypsy does not, both Muslims Christians and Jews do. So here as he pushes the envelope and raises your ire you direct it at entities not involved.

This is what happens when you let emotion rule logic and it is the response we need to avoid because all it does is give these bullshit strawman augments weight in the mind of the ignorant

A good portion of this community cannot integrate to the mainstream so to think it would be less malignant is not a reasonable assumption

If gypsy's reality was the same ours he wouldn't be meetings so much critique and resistance and while he might not be yielding to reason it doesn't mean people who are reading this aren't being enlightened the to the dynamic upon which this thread is based

Pointing out flaws in the bible is fully reasonable.
It's done more harm then any book in history.
Sorry it offended you

C

cooterbrown420

:huggg: Sorry dude {also sorry if I am not using a preferred pronoun}. This thread is about the latest terror attack and what causes such horrific acts. This one was caused by Islamic terrorism, helped by a crappy immigration policy.

This thread is not about Christians...it's about the religion that encourages people to strap bombs on themselves to kill innocents.

Nobody wants a sore cooter...so I suggest contribute something worth debating...add something of substance to the thread.

Lol personal attacks huh? Thats what your people do hate and attack keep posting your biased bs that no one is reading.

W

Water-

I think saying "yeah but, there is bad shit in the bible too ya know" is completely disingenuous tbh. It's whataboutery. The fact is, Christianity had it's balls cut off a long time ago.

A few years ago, Danish embassies across the globes were attacked in the wake of the cartoon controversy. The difference between bad shit in the bible and bad shit in the koran is how seriously a not insignificant proportion of adherents take these things. Ebbassy attacks, rioting in the name of people in non islamic cultures not "respecting" (pandering to) islamic belief is a toddler tantrum.

What I'm saying is, Islam hasn't grown up.

More generally, these topics are made so much harder by people on both sides being intellectually dishonest to support their side of the argument. Straw men, cherry picking, principles that only apply when it serves the argument, it's shit.

What we're seeing happening in Europe particularly now is a backlash against "progressive" overreach in a number of areas. When you tell people for years that the only possible reason they could object to large scale immigration is racial hatred, maybe a lot of them just think fuck it I may as well support the racists then...and you end up with the far right taking 1/3rd of the german parliament on their first comeback tour in 70 years...
because they were the only people listening to ordinary indigenous people's concerns.

Love and hugs, a Brexiter who voted for Jeremy Corbyn and will again.

Christianity had its balls cut off?

Tell that to the million peoples who deaths where caused by George Bush and his holy war.

1. I am driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East'. And, by God, I'm gonna do it" August 2003.

M

moose eater

Contentions that the Christian faith ceased being used as a social and military fulcrum centuries ago lacks factual basis.

The United States' illegal interventions in Central America were commonly fueled by referencing the opposition as "Those Atheist Marxists," never minding that Marx was -not- an Atheist, but an Agnostic who objected to the misuse of religions by government, and that religion had nearly nothing to do with the on-going revolutions there. It was economics in larger part.

To this day there are Neo-Nazis who will state they are good Christians. Ask 'em. They'll tell you. And those who are a bit literate may even quote scripture to you justifying how they act and believe.

ALL faiths have been used by shallow opportunists to justify the bullshit they perpetrate, and the lists of scoundrels include our own leadership.

When a CIA drone fires a Raytheon missile into Pakistan, in violation of international law, vaporizing a grandmother in front of her grandchildren as she picks their dinner in the garden, and the underlying beliefs of the forces engaged in that assault are largely stated to be Christian, sometimes applying provocative graffiti to include writing the word 'infidel' on armaments or in tattoos, is that in no way religious-related aggression, or, heaven forbid, terror?

Illegal invasions that were voted against by the UN Security Council and the following regime-change in those places has increased not only the number of terrorist recruits, but the numbers of persons trying to get out of those places.

You would want the same if it were your country, your family in harms way, etc..

Ask some Marines about the initial clearing of Fallujah and what some of the common less-published statements were among the grunts and lower ranking officers about what constituted a target there.

Clean hands and superior morality? Bullshit.

Help those who need help, address those who need discipline, but have the integrity to know when you've sinned or supported it. And consider the LONG history behind that sin.

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
Old and tired former Marine here.
We play to win and engage all hostile targets.
That's all I will say.
Anyway...................

I live in NY
Not Canada
My brother was in the world trade center when they tried to blow it up the first time.
My roommate and good friend from HS was an hour late to work on the day they succeeded. (he worked at 7 world trade. which came down, too.)

Fuck these scum and all other religious zealots out there that take orders from imaginary deities.
Yes, this goes for 'homegrown' scum, too.

Canada and Canadians are just lucky the muslim world doesnt find you worthy enough to attack, since, YES, you and your troops have shed blood in the Middle East as well.

World be a better place without ANY religion, imo.

Let us all just be thankful this idiot, apparently, cant follow instructions.

All you armchair quarterbacks and second guessers out there.......................

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Vta, I don't know what point you were trying to prove except my own.

Type bias into google.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Christianity had its balls cut off?

Tell that to the million peoples who deaths where caused by George Bush and his holy war.

1. I am driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East'. And, by God, I'm gonna do it" August 2003.

That's George Bush. Whatever he said, the USA is a secular nation and its government and military is run on secular grounds. The pentagon doesn't make decisions based on theocratic reasoning, it generally makes decisions about protecting America's business interests.
It's also worth pointing out that George Bush was president of the USA, not a bishop or pontiff...or an imam. Hanging gays, honour killing, these are not fringe ideas, they are mainstream islamic belief. The survey laid out very clear what would happen to people's rights and freedoms here in the UK "respecting islam" will have if islamic influence on policy is allowed to grow proportionally.

Iraq and Afghanistan can be blamed on a religion, but it's the cult of Mammon. Lots of money in war. They were planning to invade Iraq before they even went to Afghanistan, Daddy Bush and Dick Cheny's unfinished business you see.

I know lots of Muslims, it would be hard to avoid knowing muslims where I live. Some are great, some are horrible and most are fair to middlin' ...just like everyone else.

Last edited:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Pointing out flaws in the bible is fully reasonable.
It's done more harm then any book in history.
Sorry it offended you

I didn't deny flaws I simply stated the truth

that ultimately we choose how the information is perceive and how we react to it so the perceived flaws are a reflection of flawed perceptions

we can use these books to further strife or embrace it

If you cannot reconcile your reality to another the lack of humanity is on you and no one else and that dynamic won't change regardless what belief you hold in your heart

the old adage what a man reaps a man will also so will become most evident at some point in your life, whether you have change to right that karma, well that is a different story

W

Water-

I didn't deny flaws I simply stated the truth

that ultimately we choose how the information is perceive and how we react to it so the perceived flaws are a reflection of flawed perceptions

we can use these books to further strife or embrace it

If you cannot reconcile your reality to another the lack of humanity is on you and no one else and that dynamic won't change regardless what belief you hold in your heart

the old adage what a man reaps a man will also so will become most evident at some point in your life, whether you have change to right that karma, well that is a different story

The "truth"?
Watch this 8 minute clip on Nietzsche and his ideas on truth:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YXlJbziiQfY

"What are considered truths are instead errors, lies, and convictions that have grown out of fear, need and cowardice " Nietzsche

Embracing these books is philosophical suicide not flawed perception.

How does not being able to reconcile with someone show a lack of Humanity?

How do you know what "humanity" is?
It's just a concept in your mind

Last edited:
M

moose eater

My sins are not as bad as their sins. Mine are justified.

My euphemisms for destruction and state-sponsored violence are cleaner than their overt stated violence. Articulate wording matters, and eventually excuses carnage.

Having a government seal of approval on your destruction (especially if it's OUR government seal) makes it not only acceptable, but honorable.

Violating laws governing aggression is OK if you're me. Not OK if you're you.

Relativist bullshit and nationalism will be our end, as it has been for every empire before us.

Carry on....

By the way, it was primarily Saudis who brought down the towers with the jets, per the Gov story line. The Saudi Royal family members in the U.S. got a pass to leave the Country on a chartered aircraft (never mind the redacted 28 or 29 pages showing some degree of complicity) while we were grounded; not even able to get out of, or into the bush in a Super Cub.

The Taliban provided sanctuary for the doers' team. Their call as a sovereign state. Not wise, but their call. In distant contrast, Union Carbide hasn't made good on their carnage in Bhopal. Should India be authorized to invade us to hunt down those CEO's?

If there are wanted persons in this Country that someone in the Far or Middle East governments want, and there's local efforts at shielding them, is it right for those Eastern governments to launch missiles into the U.S. to punish us for harboring them?

There were non-embedded free-lance journalists in Fallujah when 'anything that moves' was considered one defined source of 'hostility.' One of them, a former mountain climber who'd hung out up here. (*Not Canada).

Patriotism is NOT nationalism, and vice versa. Blinders are blinders no matter who wears them. Same-same for hypocrisy.

"There but by the grace of God go I.... "

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"...

This applies to all; politicians as well as jihadists; and the world would be a better place...

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
The "truth"?
Watch this 8 minute clip on Nietzsche and his ideas on truth:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YXlJbziiQfY

"What are considered truths are instead errors, lies, and convictions that have grown out of fear, need and cowardice " Nietzsche

Embracing these books is philosophical suicide not flawed perception.

How does not being able to reconcile with someone show a lack of Humanity?

How do you know what "humanity" is?
It's just a concept in your mind

If you can't break down the truth in your own words you don't understand it

humanity isn't a construct it is a potential that we can choose to deny by embracing the most primal part of our being and denying what lay beyond

kind of like getting stuck in the masturbation stage of one's development and never blossoming to realize there is a sexual synergy to be had with others

the most primal of examples but let no excuse me made to the underlying allegory

W

Water-

Sorry if you didn't understand my link.

There is no truth Weird, only ones we make up.

What do think of the Übermensch ?

iTarzan

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2017/12/...-by-the-behavior-of-law-enforcement-officials

My favourite part of this thread is how it went the exact opposite direction as intended.

You directed it there. You can't discuss this logically because you have a hatred of Americans that defies logic.

Who put you in charge of the World Power Rankings? U.S.A.? China? China overtakes U.S.A.? What about Russia? Who fucking cares.

I will go out on a limb and predict this. At no time ever will Canada be #1. The innocent bystander country of the world. Where health care is so slow it takes 18 months to have a baby.

Last edited by a moderator:
You directed it there. You can't discuss this logically because you have a hatred of Americans that defies logic.

Who put you in charge of the World Power Rankings? U.S.A.? China? China overtakes U.S.A.? What about Russia? Who fucking cares.

I will go out on a limb and predict this. At no time ever will Canada be #1. The innocent bystander country of the world. Where health care is so slow it takes 18 months to have a baby. The home of Canadian. What a hater.
Health care is slow here because of the backlog due to the number of vaginoplasty's. Hardly surprising given the 18 month gestation period required to birth

Last edited by a moderator:
Now for something slightly more serious. Why is it that we fixate so much on the apparent source, intent or guiding force of the perpetrators rather than the horror of the act itself. How many good old fashioned non Jihadi related shootings were there in America that same day? Or any country for that matter. People get shot in Walmart parking lots on black Friday! Why don't we get so worked up and opinionated about any of them? What truly is the difference? A human takes the life of another human, the most heinous act of all, but we have become so numb to it that we simply don't care. Change the context, have an enemy, an US and a THEM and we react again. Does anyone here see us getting past this? Or is it just a pipe dream that will blow up in my face.....because you can't be serious all the time.