What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MarijuanaNews Dot Com Reports Servers Seized!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganjaden

From Friday's Posting of MarijuanaNews.com

Overgrow.com Overthrown

What would happen if a major website was shut down by the police and no one heard about it?

Last week, Overgrow.com and related sites went offline and I kept waiting to see what would be reported. After all, this was a huge community of marijuana growers, perhaps hundreds of thousands over the years. However, even most marijuana users never heard of it, unless they were growing. It was certainly a useful forum for growers, but it was also a commercial operation that tolerated some of the slimiest people in the business.

Incredibly, the only reports on the seizing of the servers have been a few marijuana related sites. This raid should be of concern to the entire Internet community, but the absence of any hard news has undoubtedly inhibited possible protests from First Amendment advocates.

It seems that the Canadian and DEAland police seized the servers, which were in Canada, and arrested the owner who goes by the pseudonym Richard Calrisian. He was soon released and has 'disappeared.'

It was also reported that the police had arrested members of his family as hostages, and 'Calrisian' gave the police all of the passwords as 'ransom.'

Access to the servers could theoretically allow the police to trace the locations of growers, but it remains to be seen. One might think that the talent necessary for that would be better used going after terrorists, but given the priorities of the Bush Administration…

As I warned after the DEA/RCMP went after a Vancouver based seed merchant, it was foolish to trust any Canadian sources.
See
DEA Tries To Scam Emery Customers Into Admitting That They Were Buying Seeds.

The Dutch and other European countries are now finding themselves stuck with some very unsavory characters, and this will bring undesirable heat to long-established Dutch growers.

G

Its almost amusing to see every wrong theory crammed into one 'article'

Always count on 'the media' to fuck up the story

They forgot about the aliens though.

G

yeh right.... and i bet they got their info straight from narc emery, the prick of pot :rolleyes:

in case you missed it, or weren't sure which story to believe... the servers were not siezed, RC simply shut them down :dance:

Ganjaden

n case you missed it, or weren't sure which story to believe... the servers were not siezed, RC simply shut them down

according to ??? At least this guy publishes using his real name Richard Cowan and his reputation and website are beyond reproach....I would submit that his reputation is somewhat better than some of the unknowns who post here and there and until I hear something that's a bit more reputable than what the scandalous rumor mill puts out constantly, I'll keep this for consideration....and I would advise others to do the same thing. Fwiw

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.