What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WTF: Illinois Police Say They May Euthanize Over 200 Drug-Sniffing Dogs If Marijuana

Betterhaff

Veteran
When CO legalized, it threw a lot of that search and seizure shit out the door.

Unfortunately the heavy hands in some places still want to throw it down.

Maybe the question should be this…is it worth going to war for?

If they kill those dogs, take a couple of the ones in charge.

Last edited:
When CO legalized, it threw a lot of that search and seizure shit out the door.

Unfortunately the heavy hands in some places still want to throw it down.

Maybe the question should be this…is it worth going to war for?

If they kill those dogs, take a couple of the ones in charge.

I seriously doubt they would and like others said they are just trying to use the threat as a fear tactic. But like others have noted the fact that they would even resort to fear tactics like this shows just how low they'll go to try to prevent progress.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
It's manipulative anti-cannabis hype, seeking to leverage heart-strings among the fence-sitters and gullible..

Public Safety (aka the cops) in Alaska stated they would need to put their dogs out of service and re-train new dogs for sniffing out contraband (minus weed) if weed was legalized.

It seems they lie & manipulate in their press releases as often as they lie on the witness stand; perpetually, and frequently... and often without any real penalty what so ever... Other than for many of us no longer put any stock in much of anything the buggers say.

But if they're looking for homes for well-trained German Shepherds (among other breeds I'm sure they use), we've already got a female that's amazing, and might be interested in another.

I suspect even a dog wants to get away from the Dark Side. And having a pup that sniffs out discarded stash, especially near border crossings, could make dog chow an even better investment..
:tiphat: Give this man a cigar :biggrin:

M

moose eater

Every now and again, going back many years, a story will appear in the papers in Alaska re. folks discarding everything from handguns to stash of various sorts, (*pick the contraband of choice), often near the borders, within anywhere from 1/2 to 70 miles out.

Some are discarding with no intent of picking it back up, having either discovered it after departure, or changing their minds about an attempt at taking what ever it is with them. Others are stashing to one degree of sophistication and success or another.

Sometimes folks from out near the villages of Northway & Tetlin Jct. would write letters to the editor of the papers asking folks to stop discarding drugs and weapons off the side of the road out that way.

I've lost stash out that way, either to squirrels or folks looking for free stones, and it's alleged (and believable) that kids and others from the villages on that stretch, will scout the pull-outs, from up-top on the hills, or just randomly stopping at suspect areas, looking for evidence of others burying things, etc.

Out there, with a well-trained and reliable 'retired' dog, a person might actually make a bit of extra cash. Or a least find a menagerie of dope and weapons to take home for the time invested. Sort of like using metal detectors at the beach.. but with a different sort of profitability involved.

I'd strongly recommend either discarding or testing any chemicals or powders found, though. ;^>)

Too many dogs in America, spreading canine toxoplasmosis.

Drug dogs are stupid motherfuckers. Just waxed your car? Well that smells like drugs to the piece of shit narc, and he scratches all over your car. Thanks for finding the cap to my Vaporizer, officer. And that cash? I'm doing some late night atm banking what's it to you? And the anti prohibition shirt? Keep it, it doesn't fit anyway.

Cats are allergic to phenols. Excellent detectors of pot. They just never used them cuz cats aren't fucking narcs. (they will tell you if your bud has fish emulsions in it though)

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Too many dogs in America, spreading canine toxoplasmosis.

Drug dogs are stupid motherfuckers. Just waxed your car? Well that smells like drugs to the piece of shit narc, and he scratches all over your car. Thanks for finding the cap to my Vaporizer, officer. And that cash? I'm doing some late night atm banking what's it to you? And the anti prohibition shirt? Keep it, it doesn't fit anyway.

Cats are allergic to phenols. Excellent detectors of pot. They just never used them cuz cats aren't fucking narcs. (they will tell you if your bud has fish emulsions in it though)

Got to love cats. They tend to think for themselves and couldn't give a shit less what your opinion is. I used to have a cat that would piss on the couch and look me right in the face while in the act like "What are you going to do about it?"