What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Motherlode Gardens 2018

Dankwolf

My potters are 11ft wide by 2.5 ft deep . I don't see a reason to go wider yet.
Roughly 2000 each gallon give or take a couple 100 gallon .

picture.php
picture.php

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I trim a clean half pound usually in 8-10 hours. At times deppending on strain and density i can average almost 2 oz per hour. Stuff from my garden, I take time and care into my work. If I'm working getting paid by weight for a buddy it use to be 200 per pound. Id work fast but still id have integrity in my work and i wouldn't rape and shape, demolish my homies buds.
i've said it before but the most i've seen anyone trim was 5-pounds in one day.. and the stuff was already big-leafed. For non-leafed stuff the most i've seen somebody trim in one day was about 4 pounds.

It really depends on bud structure / density more than skill. Motivation is a huge factor as well.

with the surging popularity of dry trim machines I think the question of who trims the fastest will become like a modern-day story of John Henry; driving steel, trying to beat a machine, only to die of exhaustion with his hammer in his hands.

My potters are 11ft wide by 2.5 ft deep . I don't see a reason to go wider yet.
Roughly 2000 each gallon give or take a couple 100 gallon .
those pots are huge. your plants look great! when did you pop your seeds? 10yards of soil per plant is slightly overkill unless you are plugging them with massive starts, or growing monster strains like Ancient OG or Blue Dream crosses

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
All the smoke in the air from the wildfires has caused the plants to start flowering early, half the garden looks like they're a couple weeks into it already. That's fine, I'm pretty happy with the size of the plants, dont need them to get any bigger.. on the other hand an early harvest does sound nice!

Dankwolf

All the smoke in the air from the wildfires has caused the plants to start flowering early, half the garden looks like they're a couple weeks into it already. That's fine, I'm pretty happy with the size of the plants, dont need them to get any bigger.. on the other hand an early harvest does sound nice.

The smoke did tge same to my plants last year . yet flowering was same.

Dankwolf

i've said it before but the most i've seen anyone trim was 5-pounds in one day.. and the stuff was already big-leafed. For non-leafed stuff the most i've seen somebody trim in one day was about 4 pounds.

It really depends on bud structure / density more than skill. Motivation is a huge factor as well.

with the surging popularity of dry trim machines I think the question of who trims the fastest will become like a modern-day story of John Henry; driving steel, trying to beat a machine, only to die of exhaustion with his hammer in his hands.

those pots are huge. your plants look great! when did you pop your seeds? 10yards of soil per plant is slightly overkill unless you are plugging them with massive starts, or growing monster strains like Ancient OG or Blue Dream crosses

Potter are way to big . I am just a over kill type of person .

All plants are from clone and as far as massive strains I am plenty happy with my girls .north mtf (valley cut30+ years old) ,south mtf (tang), cotton candy( delicious seeds) and a rare south Cali affie used to make (la confadential DNA genetics)

I try to run different strians then every one else for obvious reasons.

Thank you for your thread it was what inspired me to try some outdoor let alone big plants llike you do . :tiphat:

Noonin NorCal

Veteran

Non leaf stuff? are you mixing those fan leaves with your sugar leaf trim?
I heard that fan leaves contain chlorophyl? with not much crystals or any at all. I throw my fans into my compost pile

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
All the smoke in the air from the wildfires has caused the plants to start flowering early, half the garden looks like they're a couple weeks into it already. That's fine, I'm pretty happy with the size of the plants, dont need them to get any bigger.. on the other hand an early harvest does sound nice!

Im in the same boat. Most of mine are Do Si Dos from clone. Weird summer in Sonoma County, Nothing like last year.
Today is the first day in a while that the sky is actually blue.

I have a couple SFVOG from dark heart that are just now starting to flip.

Last year the summer here seemed like 90 degrees everyday, a few 100 degree days and clear blue skies. All until the crazy fire in early October. I managed to pull on the 7th i think, it was on a full moon. A day or two before the fires

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey shcrews (or anybody)i have a quick question ... what tool have you found to be the most user friendly when it comes to spraying your plants for foliars ??? do you use a commercial tree sprayer, or something else? i'm thinking of purchasing a back pack sprayer & i need someone with experience to help with this question ...thanks for the info ...peace

hey shcrews (or anybody)i have a quick question ... what tool have you found to be the most user friendly when it comes to spraying your plants for foliars ??? do you use a commercial tree sprayer, or something else? i'm thinking of purchasing a back pack sprayer & i need someone with experience to help with this question ...thanks for the info ...peace

Chapin 20volt 4 gallon wide mouth backpack sprayer. It's about 40lbs when filled, fyi

caliprop215

Veteran

Atomizers seem to be the big item for foliar feedi g rite now. The mist they create hits all the nooks and crannys

CrushnYuba

I think atomizers are waaay to slow. It's very fine mist but deff not the volume or distance needed.
The electric backpack sprayers are a little under powered.
I use a 30 gallon northstar atv orchard sprayer with a 100ft hose on it. Puts out 2gpm. The chapin atv sprayers are nice also. They are inexpensive and made for spraying trees.
Most of my friends are using airless paint sprayers. Ton of pressure for getting up high and Atomizes very fine, but they are difficult to move and don't seem to last. They need Rebuilds.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I use a 2 gallon fire extinguisher for foliar/ipm and it works awesome. Put a fine screen filter on the pickup tube inside and a pump sprayer tip on the spray line to adjust spray type.

After adding my water and foliar/ipm stuff i just use the air compressor to pressurize the shit out of it and go to town. The high pressure really helps cover a large area/plant.

picture.php

picture.php

theJointedOne

Veteran

giphy.gif

graco-airless-paint-sprayers-262805-64_1000.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

this dude knows his shit, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ0JQdrr5fI

https://www.pittsburghsprayequip.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/tips.png