What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights Feminized

paisajedehierba

flowering

flowering

Update on my Malawi's. Figured I would wait a bit till they grew up a little more to post a update instead of just posting more of the same pictures lol. Increased the nutrients for veg the last two doses to max strength which is 4ml's per L. Doesn't seem to be burning them at all which is great to see. I saw others only staying at max 2ml's per L max so figured I would max it one dose to see what would happen and she grew just fine.

Malawi #1 is at 19 inches tall. Malawi #2 is at 12 inches tall, she got started a few days after. Both got LST'd a few times. Now to my question. I'm wondering if these Malawi's are in there flowering stage or not. Never grown Auto's so I would like to hear some input on it to know if I should stop my veg nutrients. I wouldn't think the Malawi #2 would be flowering so already as she is only a foot tall. Than again I know Sativa's can double or triple in flowering. All options welcome. Thanks and happy growing all.

Both Malawi's

View Image

Malawi #1 Top is it flowering? This one kinda looks like it is to me.

View Image

Malawi #2 Top is it flowering as well?

View Image
Hi Dr. King,
are your two girls in flowering mode? I had one Auto Malawi x NL last year outdoors. It began to flower three or four weeks after poping and flowered continiously and fast. The same with Auto Zam now indoors (flowering since day 21 without a pause, stretching alot). With autos from other breeders I had batches with autoflowering and semi autoflowering individuals, that began to flower after a few weeks but started to fill in after sommer solstice with decreasing daylight hours.

Good luck with your two plants.

Dr.King

Veteran
Everything is growing great now with the flowering nutrients. Malawi #1 is at 29 inches and Malawi #2 is at 20 inches. Started giving both Malawi's Big Bud now as they look to be into week 2 of flowering. Since the bigger Malawi is basically taking over the area I will be adding another LED light. I will spread them out some so they have room to grow more as they look like they need it. Happy growing all.

Both Malawi's

7Q8jMXN.jpg

Malawi #1 Top Bud

uu851TD.jpg

P

pongster

these are my auto malawi x northern lights, they are about 31 days old, since emerging.
i'm in the southern hemisphere, so they have the whole summer ahead to grow. they are in coco, until now handwatered with wet dry cycles, soon will be blumat feeding.

picture.php

for your ref, i bought these seeds on October 15th, 2019 on a local growshop, and their pack date was April 1st, 2018. 2 of 3 seeds sprouted.
not complaining though; not many sellers state the pack date and that is quite cool.
thanks for your work ACE,
cheers
:rasta:

mycelium

^^they look very happy man. Do you intend to keep them in those pots? I assume they are being fed salts? Whats the EC, pH? Sorry for all the Qs, like I said lovely plants you got there.

P

pongster

^^they look very happy man. Do you intend to keep them in those pots? I assume they are being fed salts? Whats the EC, pH? Sorry for all the Qs, like I said lovely plants you got there.

hey bro, no problem! thanks!
+ yes, they will be kept in those pots until the very end. they are 3.5 L pots (i think that's almost 1 gal).
+ yes, they are fed with "salts", but actually bottled ferts from H&G. i dont have the space for bags of salts hehehe
+ EC 1.2-1.3 uS/cm, pH 5.8 (this is the feed solution, i dont measure medium pH or runoff). 100% coco in the pot, canna coco.

you can see their progress in my diary as well, i will post here again when they are being smoked hehehehehe
cheers!

mycelium

hey bro, no problem! thanks!
+ yes, they will be kept in those pots until the very end. they are 3.5 L pots (i think that's almost 1 gal).
+ yes, they are fed with "salts", but actually bottled ferts from H&G. i dont have the space for bags of salts hehehe
+ EC 1.2-1.3 uS/cm, pH 5.8 (this is the feed solution, i dont measure medium pH or runoff). 100% coco in the pot, canna coco.

you can see their progress in my diary as well, i will post here again when they are being smoked hehehehehe
cheers!
Hey,
so you don't have problems keeping pH stable in flower?
They sure seem hungry already, I will follow along,
how do you like those blumats? Is it gravity fed or some sort of pump?

P

pongster

Hey,
so you don't have problems keeping pH stable in flower?
They sure seem hungry already, I will follow along,
how do you like those blumats? Is it gravity fed or some sort of pump?

hi bro,
+ not sure what you mean on keeping the pH stable; i just mix the nutes, check ec-ph (i dont adjust pH) and pour into the pots.
+ they sure eat most of what i throw at them, but already at 1.33 EC there has been some tips burning, so i'm keeping on 1.3 and see no yellowing luckily!
+ blumats are the greatest invention of mankind since the cheeseburger, i truly hold them in high regard. yes gravity fed. no pumps. really easy.
cheers!
edit: maybe this is not the best place to discuss growing methods, but to discuss the beautiful strain :)

Last edited:

mycelium

hi bro,
+ not sure what you mean on keeping the pH stable; i just mix the nutes, check ec-ph (i dont adjust pH) and pour into the pots.
+ they sure eat most of what i throw at them, but already at 1.33 EC there has been some tips burning, so i'm keeping on 1.3 and see no yellowing luckily!
+ blumats are the greatest invention of mankind since the cheeseburger, i truly hold them in high regard. yes gravity fed. no pumps. really easy.
cheers!
edit: maybe this is not the best place to discuss growing methods, but to discuss the beautiful strain :)
Hey bud, I just meant that once roots fill the pot, pH in the rootzone gets harder to control. Anyway automatic watering could be the difference, any smells yet? Mmm cheeseburgers:biggrin:

P

pongster

Hey bud, I just meant that once roots fill the pot, pH in the rootzone gets harder to control. Anyway automatic watering could be the difference, any smells yet? Mmm cheeseburgers:biggrin:

hi bro... in coco dtw or blumat dripping i wouldn't worry...

dtw the solution kept in the coco will be renewed about twice a day... so the pH inside the coco should be about the same as the feed pH...

and blumats, at least to me, gave me this:

so, it's kind of bypassing the rootzone... not sure if this answers your queries...

auto malawi x nl just started flowering... take your time!

no smells yet, i'm a tobacco smoker also so .... yeah...
cheers!

Dr.King

Veteran
Malawi's are growing fast. They seem to be finishing up here soon. Malawi #1 is tall and thick. Malawi #2 is short and round. Added Overdrive to them a week ago. They seem to be enjoying it. Happy growing all.

Both Malawi's

tLemAt4.jpg

Malawi #1 Top Bud

9AWlw4F.jpg

Malawi #2

LT2RyZA.jpg

P

pongster

Malawi's are growing fast. They seem to be finishing up here soon. Malawi #1 is tall and thick. Malawi #2 is short and round. Added Overdrive to them a week ago. They seem to be enjoying it. Happy growing all.

Both Malawi's

View Image

Malawi #1 Top Bud

View Image

Malawi #2

View Image

nice broooo!!!
how old are they from seed?
promising days ahead!

squatty

I grew two outdoors this summer that flowered about 10 weeks. One hermied at the end and the other was beautiful.

Dr.King

Veteran
Harvest time for Malawi #2 short one. Wet weight at 180 grams so prolly get 2 oz's. She was a little plant so I'm happy with that. Malawi #1, the tall one will be getting harvested tomorrow. Thinking she will be 400 or so. Happy growing all.

LYttXkU.jpg

ioVilik.jpg

yeHW3xU.jpg

jay sus

i kinda forgot about to post how these went. so all 5 of these got harvested in first week of september, yield was above average(~35 grams/plant, biggest being 50 g. of all strains average was even oz.) taste was really sweet, not really pleasant until about 2 months in the jars. but i did these in quite small holes to keep these small to avoid unwanted attention. only kink with these was that in very last days the tiny leaves on buds started to die and developed some mould but it wasn´t like skunk that immediately rots totally when exposed. overall i recommend this to northern growers, you can grow this at 60° northern even at very humid below sea level conditions at very cool summer. next year more of these and zamaldelica autos for me

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi RandyCalifornia,

Happy to hear you are satisfied with the autos you grew last year.
Yes, Auto Zamaldelica has been released this year and it's available for this outdoor season, i'm sure you will be more than pleased with her ;)

Well, I saw a bit of botrytis on my auto plant, just a tiny bit but was enough to say it's done.
I also have quick dried and tasted my plant and I have to say I am blown away by how good it is. First off it was a freebie seed I got with an order. Kannabia Special Auto I think was the name. In 20 gallon pot grew 5' tall and every branch was a thick cola so I got some good weight off of her.
The smoke is Very strong and Very piney, smooth and delicious. The high is also very strong, and positive, no crash comedown. I love it. The best thing is it was so easy to grow. I can see where these auto herbs are going to be big in popularity.
Dubi are you going to have fresh Auto seeds for next spring? A good sativa leaning Zamal would be nice. I will definitely be growing more auto outdoors next year, they allow flowering to begin in August during the warmest part of summer and finish by early September before the air gets damp.
I have 16-20 week sativas indoors to satisfy my long love fore those land race, hazy highs and flavors and outdoors I can grow quick flowering tasty hybrids. Best of both worlds.
It's gonna be fun this winter smoking that auto and looking for more good Autos for next spring outdoor.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Koondense :)

A pleasure to see your Auto Malawi x NL finishing.
What's your opinion of the finished product after curing ?
Did the outcome meet your expectations ?

Had a visit at nanny's balcony :)
Forgot to bring scissors and gloves, my hands were sticky and smelled dangerously good and loud.
This autoflower hybrid is a winner, luckily I got another one going.

View Image

Cheers

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wow YukonKronic :tiphat:

Amazing results friend! Probably the best ACE autos we have seen in this room in 2019!

The high yielding sativa/indica pheno you got looks simply amazing.
Congrats! :) Looking forward to follow your 2020 autoflowering grow with the new auto seeds!

This is big yielding hybrid pheno... just amazing. Straight up caramel apple smell heavier on the apple/pear side.
View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image
Lol still a few days old pic... I’ll get more soon. It’s getting frostier and swelling to ridiculous proportions.
Tall pheno has started flowering like a bomb going off too. It folded several branches I had to tie back up.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Dr.King,

Glad to see you have had good results with our Auto Malawi x NL indoors and that you are satisfied with your first growing experience with autoflowering genetics.

Really nice development and yields, both phenos look like Malawi/NL phenos, the second one with more rudelaris influence.

Wish you enjoy your harvest! :) Hopefully it motivates you to give a try to our Auto Zamaldelica in 2020.

Harvest time for Malawi #2 short one. Wet weight at 180 grams so prolly get 2 oz's. She was a little plant so I'm happy with that. Malawi #1, the tall one will be getting harvested tomorrow. Thinking she will be 400 or so. Happy growing all.

View Image
View Image
View Image