Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Micro Grows > Off the shelf retail store screw-in LED and CFL bulb comparisons

Thread Title Search
Off the shelf retail store screw-in LED and CFL bulb comparisons Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-23-2018, 09:45 PM #2231
HuffnPufferfish

HuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really nice
google neville haze/mr nice ssh if you have a foxtail fetish
https://www.420magazine.com/communit...l?d=1334236861

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-24-2018, 06:28 PM #2232
Rico _El_Guapo

Rico _El_Guapo has a spectacular aura aboutRico _El_Guapo has a spectacular aura aboutRico _El_Guapo has a spectacular aura about
Some of the best buds I've ever had foxtailed. Got my hands on cotton candy a few years back, it honestly looked like a ball of cat hair, but man was she potent.
Rico _El_Guapo is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:52 PM #2233
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

repuk is a splendid one to beholdrepuk is a splendid one to beholdrepuk is a splendid one to beholdrepuk is a splendid one to beholdrepuk is a splendid one to beholdrepuk is a splendid one to beholdrepuk is a splendid one to beholdrepuk is a splendid one to beholdrepuk is a splendid one to beholdrepuk is a splendid one to beholdrepuk is a splendid one to behold
Just sampled her yesterday... buds seem to shrink more once dried than those grown under HPS. Once grinded though, gains more volume.

I grinded one of the foxtails and a "normal" bud... felt like grinder was full of sugar. Fingers stuck to everything.

Seems to pack more potency than previous run
repuk is offline Quote

Old 06-30-2018, 02:30 AM #2234
noknees

noknees is on a distinguished road
@blynx

i got to page 44 before i gave up on finding more bulb tests.

would be very keen to see some measurements on common big-box 100W equiv LEDs including power draw, if possible

in particular, Feit's 17.5 watt https://www.costco.com/Feit-Electric...100405758.html

and Ecosmart's 14.5 watt https://www.homedepot.com/p/EcoSmart...UL01/300377378

also, anybody have comments on build quality or reliability with some brands vs others?
noknees is offline Quote

Old 06-30-2018, 10:00 PM #2235
3snowboards

3snowboards is just really nice3snowboards is just really nice3snowboards is just really nice3snowboards is just really nice3snowboards is just really nice3snowboards is just really nice3snowboards is just really nice3snowboards is just really nice3snowboards is just really nice

@2 weeks
3snowboards is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:18 AM #2236
noknees

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3snowboards View Post
View Image
@2 weeks
noknees is offline Quote

Old 07-01-2018, 07:19 PM #2237
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

repuk is a splendid one to beholdrepuk is a splendid one to beholdrepuk is a splendid one to beholdrepuk is a splendid one to beholdrepuk is a splendid one to beholdrepuk is a splendid one to beholdrepuk is a splendid one to beholdrepuk is a splendid one to beholdrepuk is a splendid one to beholdrepuk is a splendid one to beholdrepuk is a splendid one to behold
noknees: regarding brands, you usually get what you pay for. GE, Philips, Osram, seem to be good quality brands with different "sweetspots" regarding şK, Watts and price.

Personally I've found total wattage to be really related to space. You should aim at creating a ceiling of homogeneous light intensity.

So once you decide on total wattage and design on how to spread it, it really boils down to decide between whatever offer you can source the cheapest with better quality, which usually restricts offer to your available ones locally.

Aim for 30W per sq feet and proceed from there.

The sweet spots are usually at the 9-17W range. Tip: The more LED chip count in the SIL, the better.

Last edited by repuk; 07-01-2018 at 07:36 PM..
repuk is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-03-2018, 05:17 PM #2238
noknees

i'll be testing a few bulbs here in the near future.

just checked out the wm/gv 13.5W @5k

first two pulled exactly 13.5 from the wall, and read what you'd expect on the lux meter

16 chips in a ring around the outside
noknees is offline Quote

Old 07-04-2018, 06:53 PM #2239
BigHitGuy420

BigHitGuy420 will become famous soon enoughBigHitGuy420 will become famous soon enough
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?a...tureid=1865067
Wasn't sure if I uploaded this pic right so I'm just gonna send this and c what happens. But anyways this was a plant I grew from bag seed about 6 months ago. Had roughly 160w of sil's with one 13w UVB bulb for more trich production. It's in a 5 gal tote and got fox farms nutes. Vegged for roughly 5 weeks and sadly I only got to flower her 47 days but the final results were pretty good. Pulled 105 grams of dry herb and just super sticky. I've got some new girls going now. One is 3 weeks into flower and the other 2 go into flower today. All grown under sils and these plants r just beastin. I'm expecting at least half a pound from each plant. Plants r short and bushy with 100+ tops. Dont have a trellis so I just do LST and supercrop. And I've been feeding them the advanced nutrient trio set and they seem to be loving it. I also got fox farms organic nutes but the advanced nutes r better and u can get them for roughly the same price. I'll upload more photos of my last crop and get some new ones of my previous girls.
BigHitGuy420 is offline Quote

Old 07-05-2018, 12:46 AM #2240
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

BigHitGuy420:

Opening the link works, trying to display the picture inline with the post doesn't for me, did you set the album as public?

Surrounding the picture with url blocks:

[url]https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=75732...[/url]

Should display it inline with the post. In my signature you have links to guides on how to upload/post pictures.

It certainly looks dank! is that pic from chop time? how was the smoke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noknees
i'll be testing a few bulbs here in the near future.

just checked out the wm/gv 13.5W @5k

first two pulled exactly 13.5 from the wall, and read what you'd expect on the lux meter

16 chips in a ring around the outside
Sounds spot on... Price? pictures w/o the dome, are great to document and to spot white brands...
repuk is offline Quote