What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strains that don't branch?

Mandala White Magic is the type,an oz of yummy dried bud on 3 ft single stalk plants
should have put 3 per 5 gallon smart pot
Congo region linage
would grow again

Siskiyou

Veteran
the two Bodhi TT NL#6 x Appalachia females (from two different seeds) that I have grown out both took this form.

picture.php

clearheaded

I think mandala often breeds for good SOG ie low branching satori I have heard is good for that. also magash if ur in cali, sweet 16 is one and he breeds very strongly for that trait.

if breeder says good for SOG ur probably going to see not much branching. but if says good for both sog and scrog probably a crap shoot.

flower smaller clones with no branches or clip any lower branching u see.. but ya best to not fight genetics if u dont have to, better to let them work with you!

edit: i see aggregatebuzz already mentioned about other mandala cultivar being good for single cola sog style. read his descriptions but fairly sure he selects for that trait in several of his selections.. only heard good things so worth a shot! also best desc ever, you have to be confident about your product when give people that much detail! not just do si doXsherbert og clementine breath 8 weeks should be fuego fuego lol

PDX Dopesmoker

I read somewhere else on this forum that plants have a hormone they produce which suppresses branching. Someone probably has a seed line that produces higher than average hormone levels in most seeds. If you really want that characteristic you can probably select for it and have seeds that behave how you want in a few generations.

S

sourpuss

Gotta pop the seeds to find the right phenos u r looking for. Heres some karmas headbangers f2s/hybrids i made. Like u mentioned arms go straight up. Only reason its got arms is cause i topp em and leave 4 branches to grow back. Also i mention headbanger cause my pheno from 2 seeds i had awhile back had this trait. Arms go straight up. Cant say its gonna wanna stay single cola. But like mentioned lollypopping is how u force em. There r more true indicas that will not wanna branch and throw a big single cola. U cant go wrong with sour kush from karma. Seeing the same traits makes me think they will be more like the mom.

Attachments

• 20180629_190132.jpg
    20180629_190132.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 20180629_190141.jpg
    20180629_190141.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Latest posts