What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grow room intake/setup/design

So, Building my new room, 16x9x8. I am looking for a goal of air exchange every 1 minute. i'm hitting little over that 1152 goal, verse 1500 CFM fan. I included a drawing of what I THINK it should look like? please go easy, I am some what new and just going off readings ect. I plan on using A'cs in passive air intakes during summer which is in about 2 months... The lights will be on their own closed loop for venting just themselves out.

I need limited air scrubber, so seen some videos with people putting a scrubber near the floor/plants, and having a fan push the scrubbed air into the room along with a exhaust.. (I dont as I said need complete unscented air, just need to minimize it.)

is the carbon filter/fan on the floor pointless???Or can I get away with it?

2011rex87

This is a continuation of your previous thread at https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=349478&page=3

I viewed your posted image and I really like the plan. This plan will not effectively scrub the smell out because the scrubber is NOT on the exhaust. However, the scrubber/filter is on the floor with a fan and that IS a valid setup for keeping the air inside the tent somewhat clean. So if your intent is to use the scrubber to keep the air clean, this will work. If your intent is to scrub the smell out from exhaust, you need to put that scrubber on the exhaust.

As far as the 1500CFM exhaust - that is enough for your room size which I remember from your previous post. Good job on that. The intake should work well too. Remember to put all the fans on a variable power supply if you can. This allows you to dial the power back on the fans so you can make adjustments on the fly. These variable power supplies can be expensive but they can be added on to exhaust fans that do not have an adjustment built in. If you cannot afford it, that's okay too and you should still be able to get by pretty good without the variable power supply for the fans.

2011rex87

Remember to use those HVAC filters (you can build a custom box frame) or a scrubber for your intake too so you can filter out the spores and bugs and such from contaminating your grow space.