What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Feds Try To Get List of Massachusetts MMJ Users

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
420giveaway
The state will cave. Massachusetts is a nanny state and after a big farcical circus show of resistance,will eventually decide to give up the information that Big Mommy Govt. demands. Particularly if the decision is tied to monies such as tax collection, Federal funding , grants or programs.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
That is just one example of why I will never sign my name to any permit or licensing list...

some one is gonna give you up eventually, if it saves their ass...You can bet on it...

geneva_sativa

Meanwhile. . . . if we didn't have political jujitsu being played against us,

maybe you would see some outrage over this.

But what have we got today ?

People fighting over petty bullshit. . .

while the elite keep fleecing the people, that are sure they have got an enemy in their fellow man.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Medical records are the most sacred. They could fuck up worse than Annie Dookhan on this one if they give the records up.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Feds cannot really do shit with the names with more and more states allowing medical or recreational, the list is getting too long even if they went state by state it would clog up the court system and bring things to a standstill, just have to go to trial. That doesn't mean it wouldn't stop people from getting busted and harassed, plants and equipment taken but that would be another lawsuit the rock is collecting moss now.

St. Phatty

"He insisted that he is not seeking to identify patients"

I trust that as far as I can throw Hillary on one of her fat days (or Trump on any day).

oldchuck

Veteran
"the rock is collecting moss now."

Interesting expression. Do you mean that there are enough legal med users to protect us all? I'm inclined to agree. I can just see Sessions putting people with serious disabilities on trial, testimony, conviction, appeal. No, actually I can't see that.

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
Feds cannot really do shit with the names with more and more states allowing medical or recreational, the list is getting too long even if they went state by state it would clog up the court system and bring things to a standstill, just have to go to trial. That doesn't mean it wouldn't stop people from getting busted and harassed, plants and equipment taken but that would be another lawsuit the rock is collecting moss now.

I guess you haven't heard that Civil Asset Forfeiture is the latest craze (again).

M

moose eater

LEO at all levels, Federal, State, and local, have technically had access to the medical cannabis registry since 1998 in Alaska.

The potential misuses for such information include obstacles in firearms transactions, security clearances, job applications, specific licensing, and more.

I can't point to a specific case where LEO's access has created issues in Alaska (I'd bet fairly heavily there are some), but it is/was ironic that in one of the states in the Union with some of the strongest protections for privacy (Article 1, Section 22 of the State of Alaska Constitution), and with medical records supposedly being so private anyway, that such access was written into the law.

It's the mega-information age, and Goliath wants to know all he can, about all he can, and to store it all digitally.

George Orwell could've written even better fiction had he waited around a while and simply watched the Gov's moves. :moon:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Attorney General Sessions is currently attacking legal and medical marijuana. This is fact. The Boston Globe is a very high standard and credible publication. Sessions is doing everything he can to get back on the good side of our fearless leader. I wouldn't be so dismissive.

Last edited:
M

moose eater

If that was for me, then I should probably clarify my post.

I wasn't mooning the article, but rather the Gov in al of their voyeurism and control antics.

My reference to Orwell's fiction (*1984) had to do with the current status of control and voyeurism as expressed by many government, especially the U.S., and that what the (NSA/CIA/Name Your Favorite Alphabet Soup Agency) now engage in as a matter of course, has far surpassed what Orwell envisioned in his book... A book that 50 years ago we were all fairly well certain could never come to pass as reality.

I have no reason to doubt the Gov's interests in MMJ lists, or any thing else. They appear to keep lists re. a lot less fascinating issues/events than that.

If they were an individual rather than a system, their voyeurism and control antics based on unfettered paranoia would be diagnosable as (at a minimum) a personality disorder. Instead they give themselves a seal, surround it with some pomp and circumstance, and get the masses relying on them in the face of what ever fears, real or imagined, and... Here we are.:tiphat:

Attorney General Sessions is currently attacking legal and medical marijuana. This is fact. The Boston Globe is a very high standard and credible publication. Sessions is doing everything he can to get back on the good side of our fearless leader. I wouldn't be so dismissive.

M

moose eater

No problem. Imperfect beings, with imperfect languages, in an imperfect world, dealing with distances of thousands of miles over an imperfect communication device.. What could possibly go wrong? :biggrin:

I misunderstood. Apologies.

You're right, it's a mess.

OldPhart

LEO at all levels, Federal, State, and local, have technically had access to the medical cannabis registry since 1998 in Alaska.

The potential misuses for such information include obstacles in firearms transactions, security clearances, job applications, specific licensing, and more.

I can't point to a specific case where LEO's access has created issues in Alaska (I'd bet fairly heavily there are some), but it is/was ironic that in one of the states in the Union with some of the strongest protections for privacy (Article 1, Section 22 of the State of Alaska Constitution), and with medical records supposedly being so private anyway, that such access was written into the law.

It's the mega-information age, and Goliath wants to know all he can, about all he can, and to store it all digitally.

George Orwell could've written even better fiction had he waited around a while and simply watched the Gov's moves. :moon:

If you really want to get a grasp on what the government is up to with healthcare, you don't have to look further than 'Meaningful Use', look it up if you want to. The government has been forcing all medical providers to get all patient records into standardized digital formats (EHR), and has been paying providers big bucks to do so. Basically at the flick of a switch, the government will have access to all medical records.

On another note, what about all the stupid people sending in their DNA to find their family history. If they would ever read the waiver that they are signing, and actually understand it; they would never send in their DNA. **don't forget boys and girls, your DNA is not only yours, it is your parents, and more importantly your children's DNA as well** Once they have the DNA, they own it forever, for any thing they want to use it for!!! It says that right in the release form! They are putting together a database that I see them selling access to. Can you imagine how much law enforcement would pay to be able to find out what family a sample came from?? But way worse than that, what about if the insurance companies (soon to be the federal gov.) decide to start using it to decide who gets insurance and how much they pay; all based on the type and number of possible genetic markers for different diseases.

People will probably think I have my tinfoil hat on today, but I'm telling you.... all this data is going to bite you in the ass, sooner than you can ever imagine.

M

moose eater

HIPPA

HIPPA

I was working in mental health as a licensed clinician when the HIPPA Act was passed and implemented. Tommy Thompson (Wisconsin) put it together a part of the GW Bush Administration. The Orwellian bastages labeled it as a 'Privacy Act,' just as GW named the USA PATRIOT ACT as though either of them had anything to do with the implications their names put forth.

What HIPPA -actually- accomplished, was to open the flood gates to permit government and corporations (specifically insurance companies, most especially) to gain any 'pertinent' info about you, the patient, they wished to. At the same time, the HIPPA Act made it more difficult for my wife and kids to find out my condition/status/diagnosis, etc.

If the bastards got a dollar for every bit of double-speak that drips from their lips, they'd be at least as wealthy as the Oligarchy they actually cater to and do the bidding of.

"Burn down the Mission, if we're gonna' stay alive.." (Elton John)

If you really want to get a grasp on what the government is up to with healthcare, you don't have to look further than 'Meaningful Use', look it up if you want to. The government has been forcing all medical providers to get all patient records into standardized digital formats (EHR), and has been paying providers big bucks to do so. Basically at the flick of a switch, the government will have access to all medical records.

On another note, what about all the stupid people sending in their DNA to find their family history. If they would ever read the waiver that they are signing, and actually understand it; they would never send in their DNA. **don't forget boys and girls, your DNA is not only yours, it is your parents, and more importantly your children's DNA as well** Once they have the DNA, they own it forever, for any thing they want to use it for!!! It says that right in the release form! They are putting together a database that I see them selling access to. Can you imagine how much law enforcement would pay to be able to find out what family a sample came from?? But way worse than that, what about if the insurance companies (soon to be the federal gov.) decide to start using it to decide who gets insurance and how much they pay; all based on the type and number of possible genetic markers for different diseases.

People will probably think I have my tinfoil hat on today, but I'm telling you.... all this data is going to bite you in the ass, sooner than you can ever imagine.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Very creepy but likely true thoughts gentlemen. The tin foil hat ..... Must have been invented when they decided that medical cooperatives should become for profit insurance corporations. Who knew that they would control the government and evolve to a point where people are expendable in the name of profit. HEPA and privacy issues are nothing more than big ticket items in the Washington Walmart.