What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how to messure Ph in soil ? [outdoors]

Sandnut

I am currently growing outdoors, i already got everything set up, roughly 80 plants.. and all that dragging of soil bags got be really fed up with using my own soil, i was thinking about finding a spot where i dont need to change the medium for my next batch of plants and I was thinking I could hopefully just transplant the plants into the new spot

How do I messure the PH of the soil? do i fill a bucket with that soil and have some water drain to the bottom and messure that off, but doesnt the ph of the starting water affect the outcome?

or do i just simply buy a ph metre for soil only?

I guess the Ph in the soil is different the depeer in the soil you get, do i have to check ph of the soil every 15cm?

Thx...

Hash Man

yes a simple soil ph meter will be fine... Look at the probe below and thats what it should look like. The one shown below also tests for moisture leves with the click of a button.

Sandnut

yes a simple soil ph meter will be fine... Look at the probe below and thats what it should look like. The one shown below also tests for moisture leves with the click of a button.

any online shop that sells a decent one that is accurate?

Sandnut

most of the cheap soil meters seem to work crap, read alot of bad response to them, please do tell me if you have one that you find worth the money...

C

CANNATOPIA

There are plenty out there bro. I go to h20 grow supply but there are many choices out there bro & I don't do out doors, Sorry :)

C

CANNATOPIA

No problem friend. Even the cheep ones will work they just usually don't last but a harvest or two untill they quit. Good Luck & Peace.

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if you don't wanne buy s meter specially for that .....then my suggestion is to take a cup with some soil, from beneath the surface, say a spoon or 3-4 and poor some distilled water with it,a similar amount ...let it sit for 5 minutes ...and then test it with drops/ph meter...simple as that :)

Sandnut

if you don't wanne buy s meter specially for that .....then my suggestion is to take a cup with some soil, from beneath the surface, say a spoon or 3-4 and poor some distilled water with it,a similar amount ...let it sit for 5 minutes ...and then test it with drops/ph meter...simple as that :)

Already ordered a ph meter for soil, but thanks for the info bro:)

burnt out og'er
Veteran
fwiw, those cheap soil probe pH meters are useless crap.

The test core described is much more accurate indicator of your soil pH

Latest posts

Latest posts