What's new

Cleaning

jujimufu

hey guys can anyone tell me the best (and cheapest) way to clean down a grow room after a grow. just not sure about using bleach and stuff don't wanna contaminate my stuff up thanks for any pointers

burnt out og'er
Veteran
Yes, I agree Bleach is great for sanitizing the room and equipment,
but don't ever bleach your expanded clay rocks (hydroton, leca stone etc) or lava rocks if thats what you're using as a hydro medium.

It's very hard to get rid of trace amounts of chlorine that soak into the stuff and dry, only to re-emerge later when you run the rockage again.
Better off just rinsing the rockage with water to clean off the root bits so the benes don't get killed off totally.

Otoh, if the last grow had a root disease like pythium.
Then sterilizing the rocks with h202 or boiling them is much a better route than bleaching ime and imho.

Neo 420

Veteran
Or you can use physan 20. It is a great alternative to bleach. Kills fungi, algae, bacteria, viruses, the whole shebang.

burnt out og'er
Veteran
Or you can use physan 20. It is a great alternative to bleach. Kills fungi, algae, bacteria, viruses, the whole shebang.

I agree :dance013:

But don't kill the rock bourne beneficials, if the last cycle was healthy.

I know plenty of growers who hate bleach because of the film it can leave behind.

Have a think about the baby bottle sterilising fluids instead - leaves nothing behind,
best for all your babies in the noisy and green senses!

Latest posts

Latest posts