What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DEFOLIATION::the_Feild_Test::

vprising909

There's a hot thread going on right now about defoliation. Instead of hijack the thread I decided to start my own. I haven't toyed around with it enough to really know if it works. Instead of casting wild speculation, I figure I'll try it myself. No archived photos. Everything is happening right now. I will post once every week or so...

The Contenders:

AFGOO (2) and OG KUSH (4)

AfgooLabels.jpg

OGLabels.jpg

vprising909

THE SETUP:

(6) 3 gallon buckets DWC
8 Bulb T5 Flourescent lights
(2) Blue Stone air pumps
6 inch axial air boosters (intake/exhaust)

Lamps.jpg

AirPumps.jpg

and NO the tent isn't 88 degrees, that's the temperature of my friggin' house.

vprising909

Clones were taken from a TurboKlone. I take giant clones, yes. What you see is the first day of the 2nd week of vegging.
TentTest.jpg

I've already started going to town on an Afgoo.

G

Guest 114956

great taking a seat for this vprising909 very intrested in this method

vprising909

Heres a good shot of an OG vegging out. I took the clones from budding plants (cut day 1 of week 3 of bloom). People who have done this know that growth is faster and more wild than a plant from seed or an 18/6'ed mother plant. I'm hoping this will provide for a more interesting experiment.
OGVegging.jpg

Node spacing is characteristic of a switched plant.
OGNodesUpClose.jpg

I'll let them veg for about two more weeks depending on how they look then I'll transfer them to my makeshift bloom room/ghetto mad scientist room. I use it to try out new techniques and nutrients without bunking my main grows.

GhettoGrow.jpg

Not an ideal setup but it's enough to gather what I'm looking for.

vprising909

great taking a seat for this vprising909 very intrested in this method

I'm with you! I have no idea really how to do it, but I figure the best way to learn is to immerse myself in it. ICMAG can be a tough crowd to learn in front of, but they're also very constructive.

i am having great results although didn't start heavily till beginning of flower
all i see now is BUDSITES everywhere growing into the light
i'm kinda picking a little everyday versus a whole bunch at once
but definately seeing some great results vs. the lollipop method
excited to see the side by side

NotsoFla

Not to trash or anything, but I think those plants are not nearly enoughly establish and have root system ect to go hacking at it. That one looks just like what a bug did to one of the outdoors (same size), and that didnt turn out good at all. I duno, I took defoliation as art of giving area below and all over light by taking out (not unneccesary) but fan leaves. Those looks to no light penetration probs. I duno if this experiment will work out so well. Ill watch tho, gl.

ps. If i was gonna bet, i would say the uncut will win (make a vote?!)

dancer

When you cloned on 1 day of week 3 in flower did you keep them first in 12/12 for some days or straight back to veg?

Cool to see this one, I might try one aswell.

Good Luck

Dancer

Think Green

Here we are discussing this controversial technique on Ic & tossing out experiments to try and provide a definite answer and all over the world there are growers who do nothing different to try and further our knowledge about Cannabis. When I begin to think of all the revolutionary developments in life & our understanding of technology, science, environment & botany I wonder why there would be anything but support for the members of our community whom are trying to find new methods and develop new ways of thinking. I think that this is IcMag at its best. The community here can inadvertently advance our knowledge of Cannabis by doing experiments just like these and providing a documented cycle with results whether they be positive or negative. Not everyone has the time, space or patience to take on what I would call "Scientific Study". I for one applaud the effort these members of our community give to help us have a better understanding of Cannabis agricultural methods.

cbp420

Here we are discussing this controversial technique on Ic & tossing out experiments to try and provide a definite answer and all over the world there are growers who do nothing different to try and further our knowledge about Cannabis. When I begin to think of all the revolutionary developments in life & our understanding of technology, science, environment & botany I wonder why there would be anything but support for the members of our community whom are trying to find new methods and develop new ways of thinking. I think that this is IcMag at its best. The community here can inadvertently advance our knowledge of Cannabis by doing experiments just like these and providing a documented cycle with results whether they be positive or negative. Not everyone has the time, space or patience to take on what I would call "Scientific Study". I for one applaud the effort these members of our community give to help us have a better understanding of Cannabis agricultural methods.

To answer you question, I believe it is the "I have the best way to do this" thought. I agree, if you stand still...well you are standing still.

D

danimarie193

i have read both of these threads over the last few weeks. i didnt know this was a new method. have been growing for about five years and doing this the whole time. think about it just makes sense. i can tell you to start out slow. if you cut them all at one time it shocks the plant. work them into it. if you want to use this method then you need to start about a week after they are rooted. atleast i think so. have had great resultsusing this over the years.

i have read both of these threads over the last few weeks. i didnt know this was a new method. have been growing for about five years and doing this the whole time. think about it just makes sense. i can tell you to start out slow. if you cut them all at one time it shocks the plant. work them into it. if you want to use this method then you need to start about a week after they are rooted. atleast i think so. have had great resultsusing this over the years.

Well to be fair it isn't exactly a new method by any means. Like you said yourself, you've been doing this the whole time in the past 5 years. We've got a grape grower here too who has been utilizing the same technique for a really long time too. K33f simply publicized it. Props to you fellas (and ladies) who figured this out on your own without the help of an online forum!

superbolan

K33f including plenty of pictures made a big difference, trust me if they werent included it would have been one page of people telling him he was a dumbass. Just like i told the growers who originally mentioned this to me

D

danimarie193

K33f including plenty of pictures made a big difference, trust me if they werent included it would have been one page of people telling him he was a dumbass. Just like i told the growers who originally mentioned this to me

why did you tell them they were dumdasses?