What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wizo's spinnin' again...

WizeWizo

So here we go, the start of round 2 inside the spinner.

My first round I ran a 400w hps and yielded 501g! I had never come close to reaching that high of gpw in a grow and honestly feel I could come close doubling it once I get this dialed in. In the first test I ran 2 strains; Blue Moon Rocks and Green Crack. I ran 6 plants of each and yielded 211g on the Green Cracks and 290g on the BMR's. Needless to say that I'm running more BMR's this round. I have 8 bmr's, 2 gc's, 1 purple kush, and 1 uk cheese this round. Really looking forward to seeing how this pk and cheese I have do in here as they are both a lil'branchy, but I got my twist ties and zip ties ready for action.

But lets get on with some pictures and if there is any questions along the road feel free to ask, please, I love talkin shop...

Here's where all the girls start...

15 rooted clones in 4" rockwool blocks. Who are the lucky 12?

The 12 chosen ones. 8 Blue Moon Rocks, 2 Green Cracks, 1 Uk Cheese and 1 Purple Kush

Lights, Camera, Action!!

Here's a picture of last round right before harvest. As you can see I started bloom too early, well to be honest, it was my first time with a vertical type set up and having the bulb suspended between the plants like it is they dont stretch hardly at all. So gonna be veg'in them up to about 12" this time before flipping them over to 12/12. Last round the tallest plants were only 8" when I flipped them to bloom, so I should hopefully max out my height and hopefully improve my yield by two I'm hoping.

This picture right here is of the runt, and should give a really good example of how well this machine works. This plant though my runt still impressive. The plant itself is across the top, and all of those tops below it came out of that tiny ass gap about 4" between the bottom buds and the top cola.

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:yeahthats

that system is awesome m8, and seem like you got some good results with that too, i guess time for a bigger one? Anyway, nice show! i'lll watch ya from back here:D
cheers.
red.

Work2much

Pretty cool. Does it actually spin and if so, why? Only one side of the plants are getting hit by direct light, that wouldn't change much if they span around the bulb?

WizeWizo

Pretty cool. Does it actually spin and if so, why? Only one side of the plants are getting hit by direct light, that wouldn't change much if they span around the bulb?

Exactly, thats why the volksgarden is so lame. The plants never ever are hit by a different angle.

Inside the spinner each plant individually rotates on its own individual gear. So all sides of the plant are illuminated, canceling out all the downfalls one has while growing vertical. Here's a picture to give you a better idea of how each plant sits and spins inside the system.

WizeWizo

Very nice :) never seen a spinner like that before

Thanks man! It's a pretty simple concept and works like a champ!
:yeahthats

that system is awesome m8, and seem like you got some good results with that too, i guess time for a bigger one? Anyway, nice show! i'lll watch ya from back here:D
cheers.
red.

Thanks red, seen you around and hopped in yer thread before and you certainly have it goin on! A bigger one, naw, just time to order another one, and stack it on top!!!

WizeWizo

Picture Time

Picture Time

Well we are a week out since the last pics, so figured I'd go head and throw some new photo's up of the girls. Everything is looking great, and the growth of the plants is much more uniform this round. Think I got about another week in veg before flippin'em to 12/12. Also switched out the MH and threw in the HPS.

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking fantastic wizo, i love your pictures and set up lol im repeating myself again,

so freaking nice and clean, A +

cheers,
red.

WizeWizo

looking fantastic wizo, i love your pictures and set up lol im repeating myself again,

so freaking nice and clean, A +

cheers,
red.

Thanks red! But honestly your grow is beyond impressive! Those new pics look so yummy! I cant wait til I have some super fat sticky buds to show off again...

WizeWizo

Wanted to show you all the spinner in action....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5z2u3Y9rh4

How do you get video's to show up here?
watch
watch

one Q

Quality
Veteran
my questions are
1. How loud is that thing? that youtube vid is annoying as fuck.
2. how many cfms do you have on that thing for exaust?
3. is it light tight? or close atleast.
4. is there any circulation fans and is the intake that thing in the middle on the bottom?
5. measurments?
6. cost, ofcourse. but even if it's expensive, and you exceed GPW it will likely pay for itself in no time.

WizeWizo

my questions are
1. How loud is that thing? that youtube vid is annoying as fuck.
2. how many cfms do you have on that thing for exaust?
3. is it light tight? or close atleast.
4. is there any circulation fans and is the intake that thing in the middle on the bottom?
5. measurments?
6. cost, ofcourse. but even if it's expensive, and you exceed GPW it will likely pay for itself in no time.

LOL

1. It is pretty loud in the video due to my rooms main exhaust. But the spinner itself is a bit noisy as well, with the door closed I cant hear it though.
2. I have a 179cfm fan on the exhaust
3. It's not 100% light tight, but pretty close to it. I am always in the room takin care of the other girls with the rooms light on and that doesnt disturb them the slightest.
4. Yes, there is a 125 cfm fan that is used for intake. Tons of fresh air swirling threw the 16 cubic foot chamber.
5. Diameter is 42" around and about 42" tall as well.
6. I'll get you one about a 900 less than advertised on their website. And yes, I yielded 501g my first harvest and started bloom a bit too early and didnt utilize the height of the cabinet so I like to thing I only got about 50-60% of what I could have. It certainly payed for itself the first round!

burnt out og'er
Veteran
interesting plant mover gizmo...
What method of hydroponics does it run, any pictures ?
Res size etc ?

WizeWizo

Ok, so I think we are on day 10 of bloom. The whole 36hr darkness thing makes has me unsure as to which day it is as well. But anyways, lets get on with some pictures....

Group shot with Purple Kush towering above everyone else

Chunky ass stalks

Uk cheese put on a decent amount of stretch. first time growing this strain.

Green Crack, showin some signs of some heat stress

BMR's

Shot down bmr row...

But yeah things are kinda boring at the moment, another 20+ days and we'll be startin to see some buddage! Hopefully, lol, it's summer time for sure and it is hot as shit in side my grow room. Under my LED's and 600w inside the tent its upper 80's and inside the spinner its low 90's. So I have actually turned down my lumatek ballast for the spinner down to its lowest setting at 360w, figure since its so early it bloom it doesnt matter, and I am thinkin about gettin a portable a/c to run in my room to solve all the problems. With the extra wattage that the spinner takes up and heat it generates from having another light goin I think I'mma have to get one, god I miss my old house with a basement....

Mr G

500g off of 12 plants in that little thing? I'm amazed! How do you stop them from growing tall? do you top them or just hardly veg them?

you should add one of those cheap co2 machines since it isn't much volume in there, but then your plants might grow too tall for it.

Mr G

I think it is pretty expensive. A couple grand at least. I think it is a cool system but I think I would rather try to build a cheap DIY based on this one.

I've never grown and IF I ever do, I would probably build something like this but a little bit taller, add a cooltube going down the middle, and line the inside with mylar. then I could add one of those cheap c02 fish aquarium machines or whatever they are called and see what kind of results I get.

I think the hardest part would be making the pots spin around like that.

Sorry im blabbing. What i'm saying is its a very cool idea, but very expensive.

Latest posts

Latest posts