What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pics suddenly flipped 90 degrees.

Great outdoors

Hi, new here as you can see. I looked through different threads but found nothing that matches my issue.
My first post my pics went in fine. Since then they are all flipped 90 degrees. Using a phone shooting in vertical format. Loading pics exactly the same way I did the first time.
Any solutions?
Thanks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi, new here as you can see. I looked through different threads but found nothing that matches my issue.
My first post my pics went in fine. Since then they are all flipped 90 degrees. Using a phone shooting in vertical format. Loading pics exactly the same way I did the first time.
Any solutions?
Thanks
turn your phone sideways not vertical

therevverend

Veteran
The first time did you edit the picture in some way before you uploaded it? Before I load my pictures to IC I flip them all 90 degrees. It's annoying because my phone and my computer automatically flip the pictures but IC flips them back. I have to go through each picture and individually flip it before loading. I should add that I load my pictures to an album on IC, not directly to the threads. It makes the process of posting pics easier, at least for me. Plus it's nice when your pictures get wiped from your phone or computer, my first couple albums on here are the only pictures I have from those years.

turn your phone sideways not vertical
Haven't tried that in a while, last time there was some sort of bug but I can't remember what it was. I still had to flip them around for some reason. I need to take more pictures, maybe I'll mess around with it some more.

Great outdoors

The first time did you edit the picture in some way before you uploaded it? Before I load my pictures to IC I flip them all 90 degrees. It's annoying because my phone and my computer automatically flip the pictures but IC flips them back. I have to go through each picture and individually flip it before loading. I should add that I load my pictures to an album on IC, not directly to the threads. It makes the process of posting pics easier, at least for me. Plus it's nice when your pictures get wiped from your phone or computer, my first couple albums on here are the only pictures I have from those years.

Haven't tried that in a while, last time there was some sort of bug but I can't remember what it was. I still had to flip them around for some reason. I need to take more pictures, maybe I'll mess around with it some more.

No first time was unedited pics from my album just like every other time. That's what is so confusing.
I guess I will have to start flipping them on my phone but really that seems like a bit of a site glitch that maybe can be rectified???

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lots of people hold the cell wrong when taking pics. It should be held Horizontal..If its Vertical you will have to edit the pic before uploading .

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Apple never added picture orientation to the tags the image has embedded. Most phones & cameras do. That is why your pics are sideways. Blame the fruit!

BBS software typically has a setting that solves this. So it would be up to icmag tech boys to change if possible.

Great outdoors

It's an Android though.....

Test pic

IMG_20200826_093429-02.jpg

Okay that works have to do it through Snapseed. Google photos does the flip.

therevverend

Veteran
Looks like the bug I couldn't figure out on my old computer and phone is fixed, my sideways picture came out fine.

Looking good Great outdoors.

BigPhil

Veteran
It depends on the picture pixel size. Some of mine are fine some end up sideways. I crop sideways pictures then upload and they are fine after I made it smaller

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
hello, we shouldn't have to do anything to get a picture to load properly the first time but click on the uploaded picture. From my tablet on another site. I don't do anything but click on the picture and a beautiful big picture shows up on my post !

my pictures now are small and turned 45 degrees. I turn my camera to adjust and the still come out small and sideways. This is an issue that needs taken care of peace farmerlion

Latest posts

Latest posts