What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Road Kill Skunk (Blueskiesvienna)

Charles-scott

Veteran
The interview was interesting Where SamS talks about the breeding of the skunk, Guess it was OHaze x his friends Affie, he said all his first skunks were very RKS
so bad you could smell the greenhouse 1/4 mile away :ROFLMAO:
actually he said 3 different lumbo strains merged together im gonna have to listen to it a few more times
You think you could get to RKS from O Haze crossed to Afghani #1 ? Straight up a quick haze x garlic bud, would do well like nl5 x haze turned out nice thats the A5

@Hammerhead what did you think of the OHaze and THH ?

Sam was talking about that too in the interview
Mtn. Nectar No ceiling on the haze and good skunk you just get higher and higher until :asskick: it kicks your ass :ROFLMAO:
Interesting I had a conversation with Sam more than a decade ago about RKS and he said it would be found in Skunk-1 and Afghani lines, I remember the RKS very well and I don't really think the strain we had on the west coast of Canada was a "skunk" it was lime green hybrid like a plant that was going out as I was learning to grow indoors because it was getting cats caged, It was a rougher smoke, not something I can say was really great it was not bad either but UBC chemo and Hawaiian Indica and NL were nicer to smoke were as strong or stronger and you could kinda sorta mask them a bit on a good day, we didn't have Carbon filters or even ozone generators easily available at that time end of the 80's early 90's . I did see and hear of the old-school RKS we didn't really call it that it was just the fucking stinky green skunk. You know many seeds were imported in weed along the west coast between 1974-1978 Guys were actually importing flowers from Pakitan possibly Afghanistan but I know for sure Pakistan, It was called Monkey tails and Donky dicks it was imported with Loads of Hash I was told not only into western Canada but into the western USA also . Some who just are not in the know have said seeds were picked out of hash bricks haha no loads of weed were sent with hash for a 4-5 year period until the Russian invasion of Afghanistan, There is a bigger back story I will not get into here but many of the "hash Plant " strains in BC came from the loads including King Pinks mom, Jiffy Pot aka Purple indica God buds mother and many other hash plants .
I personally know guys who imported some of the loads, I think its possible that like King and jiffy pot the Green Skunk was imported in loads of flowers, I was told many varieties were showing up, it started the real culture on Vancouver Island as the seeds were some of the first that would come close to growing in the short season .
Its an interesting topic I personally think the strain is gone I have hit pheno that I could not lock down consistently enough to be assured customers would get what i was offering so I dropped them if I find something close I will run with it but anyone who remembers the real deal knows it was a very precise terpene profile

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Only the people that grew and smoked rks (this excludes the guy that started this thread who never did either) know that the seeds and calyxs were 4x bigger then anything else around in those days.

There was also alot of Skunk weed around in those days too before it put a whole generation of growers in jail. Amateurs who never grew or smoked rks conflate road-kill with skunk weed. They are the same. Becuase they are skunky. They were different. Becuase they were different lines.

I just crossed the original tuna clone with my 81 rks (seed bracts pictured) my whole 10 acre property smelled like a corpse rotting on the hwy 3 weeks to harvest. Wind or no wind....the road kill "pink" was in there too (lanky skunk pheno)

It's a shame I got the 90s sunshine coast hashplant too late in the season to do anything with her. She will get a splash next summer.

mm

Attachments

• 20221118_234712.jpg
    20221118_234712.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 54
  • 20221118_224511.jpg
    20221118_224511.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 63
  • 20221118_175614.jpg
    20221118_175614.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
  • 20221118_224250.jpg
    20221118_224250.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 68

PlasmaTube

yep i have no doubt this is true. Bodhi's American Skunk Selection & Pirate Sweat clone selections (two of the skunk-adjacent nastiest smelling plants ive grown) are quite weak in potency. 11/10 odor, 3/10 potency
Have a ASS cut comtmy way. Sad to hear it's not up to par? Was this your grow or prettybmuchba consensus?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sterling Skunk IBL is available at CSI. Will be running a few of these next year and crossing it to Deep Chunk males.

Anyone have information or experience with Sterling Skunk IBL?

@acespicoli you can just buy the compounds, like 3methy-2butene-1thiol, it smells exactly like that.
it's not terpenes, but they form terpenoids when reacting with the air. It's the strongest smelling compounds we know.
after using some of the Terpene boosters which are actually real terpenes i.e. feeding tyerpenes to your plants....

Has anyone tried feeding VSC's to finish plants gthat already have VSC's?

Koolhandluke

I just wanna throw my .02cents in... I remember rks best shit I ever smoked and it's still out there being grown, it's held just as tight now then it was in the past but old time growers more now than ever just like any other strain won't resurface until we have full legalization maybe not even then... I know its being grown because an old timer on my Instagram account is growing it!! I asked if it would ever see the light of day but he hasn't responded yet...

Latest posts

Latest posts