What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything outdoors 2020!!!!

CrushnYuba

So i went out to a garden to get ready to plant and i found the damndest thing...

I left some plants in the ground after harvesting last year. I only take the nice nugs worth taking. I leave the smalls and larf. So 2 plants grew male flowers, impregnated themselves, and dropped the seeds into the pots, popped, and have grown some decent size plants. Hahaha. It really sucks that they aren't the center of the pots. They are on the edge so i can't grow them this year :( . I'm going to take clones and kill them. But they are green and super healthy. They would have been monsters by oct if they were just in the middle of the pot!

gorilla ganja

So i went out to a garden to get ready to plant and i found the damndest thing...

I left some plants in the ground after harvesting last year. I only take the nice nugs worth taking. I leave the smalls and larf. So 2 plants grew male flowers, impregnated themselves, and dropped the seeds into the pots, popped, and have grown some decent size plants. Hahaha. It really sucks that they aren't the center of the pots. They are on the edge so i can't grow them this year :( . I'm going to take clones and kill them. But they are green and super healthy. They would have been monsters by oct if they were just in the middle of the pot!

Not sure why they have to be in the middle of the pot. Other than for our own OCD need to have them look perfect. I often plant several in a pot and cull the weaker ones out. Never had a problem with any that were growing near the side of the pot.
If it bugs you, fix it when you transplant them back into the middle of the next pot.

Peace GG

CrushnYuba

Not sure why they have to be in the middle of the pot. Other than for our own OCD need to have them look perfect. I often plant several in a pot and cull the weaker ones out. Never had a problem with any that were growing near the side of the pot.
If it bugs you, fix it when you transplant them back into the middle of the next pot.

Peace GG

With it on the edge of the pot, i won't be able to cage it for support. I thought about digging it out and moving it, but the roots are way to spread out. There wasnt allot of rain and the roots were really stretching its entire life. Theres no real root ball. Maybe I'll dig it up anyway and see what happens.

'Boogieman'

This happens with me often but I'm in the midwest and we have wild hemp growing everywhere. I find a seed on occasion in my smoke due to hemp pollen and will find sprouts growing on the sides of my holes. I kill them because I assume they are half hemp.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Definitely a game for the young, I can't see a lot of old guys climbing trees all summer. In general you don't want to try guerrilla growing if you're terribly out of shape.

My buddies were tree guys already. They stuck one up the giant sequoia at the Washington State Arboretum, they'd climb up there anyway to smoke joints. Kind of like putting a house plant in your living room. One night they dragged me up there, brought their climbing gear and harnessed me in. Pretty cool, hadn't been that high up a tree before. I've gotten high up in trees but I probably wouldn't have gone that high without the gear. Night made it easy, the tree envelops you and you don't feel like you're a hundred feet off the ground.

Yes guerilla growing can required lots of thing's. A healthy body is one, and I wasn't able to push but I did last year carrying water. I'm having problems with bloodflow going back up my legs. I had a DR app but they shut down everything about 2 days before my appointment and supposed to call back when they re-open. But my good guerilla spot was compromised, and I'll thinking of taking a nice container plant to my moms, and maybe a few here and there. But I'm gonna do a few 20gal containers that I can tend too. I can't get to crazy, neighbors were smelling the plants and everybody. I think those Moby Dick were the culprit. Because it tasted just like Dutch Passion WW from 2002......the strongest smelling plant ever I've grew:woohoo:

Glad to see everybody getting there grows going and I wish everybody a plentiful harvest about Oct maybe earlier.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yeah that's something you'll never forget!!! I'm scared of heights, I just don't like beening up very high in a tree, definitely not hundreds of feet. About 20ft and I'd be yelling for someone to help get my ass down. There remarkable views up high also. Probably grow good plants if there in a ton of sun all day, I'm sure theres guys doing this alot. There's guys around here act like there out ginsenging or sainging most guys call it, but some are just out trying to find plants and stuff. I learned last yr there's no spot that somebody can't find. I'm lucky I didn't get robbed last year, be extra cautious were planting

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Ive had a Key Lime x Dos in Veg INDOOR for along time. I'd like to bring her outside, but I don't want her to start flowering before it's time. It's been on 18hrs. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I've thought about maybe putting her in a 20gal tote. And Ive got my first Auto NL from Female Seeds. I'll probably get her in a 5gal bucket in a few days and put outside. But I'm gonna space a few plants out, here and there. It's May 1st so it's time for me to get plans going into actions. I've got enough good clones to use

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
The more I think about putting plants out, the more I'm thinking of 2018. It's already wetter than hell outside. Its kinda chilly some mornings, I'D laugh even calling this chilly if I still lived 30 min from Michigan lol. But I know I've already did the Auto Plant wrong, I guess supposed to be 20 on and 4hrs off indoor??? I guess to logic is it's got about a 90 day life cycle. Maybe keep her in the flowering room after I transplant so it don't get washed out. I hope the clouds and rain get outta here this summer. I'd be happy for something for like last year with some more rain, I carried a lot of water last summer.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Damn guys I haven't seen sun in 2wks and the rains coming down....smh. I'm gonna probably get one of those totes I was talking about to put a plant in, it's says 17.5 so it's gonna be close to 20. If the weather doesn't get any better I don't think I'll get much. I might find a spot for another!!! And I'll definitely try to get a Burning Man clone for outdoors.This Key Lime x Dos-do needs transplant anyway, to beautiful a plant not to flower. I'd probably used the other Key Lime x Dos in flowering now if I had it to do again. I really wish I got a clone from this smaller version !!!! damnit, I might but didn't label some correctly. I've kept a Sharpie and duct tape to get these strain names. I fed the plants 1/2 TPS of Open Seasame 6 times, and the same 2 times with Beastie Blooms today for the first time

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I've done the tree grow thing before. So much damn work and watering. I used reservoir buckets with a drip system so I wouldn't have to climb up there every few days. The plants did very well and had zero pests to deal with but other than that, it was more trouble than it was even worth. Much easier ways to pull off a grow, but it certainly was an interesting way of going about it.

Looks like I'm going to be in search of a new growing spot this season. Did some pre-season scouting and the old one has been compromised.

You definitely need some level of fitness to be doing the guerrilla game. Last season I had to cross a creek (water was at knee level) and as I was working the plot a storm came through. Returned to find an 8-foot deep river flowing very fast. Was pushed far down stream until I could scramble onto shore. I had to dive underwater and pull myself back up using tree roots to recover my mountain bike that I thought had been washed away. Luckily it had also found a tree root to hold onto.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I've done the tree grow thing before. So much damn work and watering. I used reservoir buckets with a drip system so I wouldn't have to climb up there every few days. The plants did very well and had zero pests to deal with but other than that, it was more trouble than it was even worth. Much easier ways to pull off a grow, but it certainly was an interesting way of going about it.

Looks like I'm going to be in search of a new growing spot this season. Did some pre-season scouting and the old one has been compromised.

You definitely need some level of fitness to be doing the guerrilla game. Last season I had to cross a creek (water was at knee level) and as I was working the plot a storm came through. Returned to find an 8-foot deep river flowing very fast. Was pushed far down stream until I could scramble onto shore. I had to dive underwater and pull myself back up using tree roots to recover my mountain bike that I thought had been washed away. Luckily it had also found a tree root to hold onto.

Yea I can grow indoors and do better all year. Put out a few for this year. It's just been so cloudy,wet, cold. Things not to get plants around, I'm hoping things make a,turn for the better

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
No I'm wasn't considering that tree top grow lol. I'm to fat and old to be very far off the ground. Kudos to the guys that can

JustSumTomatoes

I definitely want to come indoors at some point. Indoor bud is of higher quality, no doubt. For now the outdoor way is my best option and provides me with meds for a full year. It's some work during season, but in the off season you get to kick back and watch your buddies spend hours of their time looking for weed while you're well stocked. It's been particularly nice not having to resort to finding bud by social means during this pandemic.

I already know this season is going to be another monsoon. Always adapting and overcoming.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I definitely want to come indoors at some point. Indoor bud is of higher quality, no doubt. For now the outdoor way is my best option and provides me with meds for a full year. It's some work during season, but in the off season you get to kick back and watch your buddies spend hours of their time looking for weed while you're well stocked. It's been particularly nice not having to resort to finding bud by social means during this pandemic.

I already know this season is going to be another monsoon. Always adapting and overcoming.

I dunno I grew some outdoor stuff last year that looked as good as indoor!!! But it was almost perfect weather. You definitely gotta be careful in April and May about getting smaller plants washed out. But hopefully the ones I've had under 18hrs of light don't revert

JustSumTomatoes

I totally agree with you, my Nl from last year looked great. Even better than some of the indoor stuff that pops up around here now. I think indoors there exists a higher potential for perfection as it gives you more control over the environment. No rain, bugs, dust, or foreign plant material, etc. to taint those precious buds. Not that it can't be just as good or even better under good conditions grown outside.

bibi40

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

black pots are killer kush ( sweet seeds ) ,blue pots are Bubba's gift (Hso ) and green pots are Early gorilla ( Philosopher seeds ) ,

just wait about the following ...

tiphat.gif

[/FONT]

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I definitely want to come indoors at some point. Indoor bud is of higher quality, no doubt. For now the outdoor way is my best option and provides me with meds for a full year. It's some work during season, but in the off season you get to kick back and watch your buddies spend hours of their time looking for weed while you're well stocked. It's been particularly nice not having to resort to finding bud by social means during this pandemic.moo0q

I totally agree with you, my Nl from last year looked great. Even better than some of the indoor stuff that pops up around here now. I think indoors there exists a higher potential for perfection as it gives you more control over the environment. No rain, bugs, dust, or foreign plant material, etc. to taint those precious buds. Not that it can't be just as good or even better under good conditions grown outside.

Definitely friend that's why WV has come indoor until summer. I usually do a smaller indoor grow in the summer. But these I'm flowering now I flipped the timers on 4/20.....but I've got a few strains that's gonna take 80+ days. I didn't realize that 420 thing no joke. Easy to keep track of the date lol. But I'll probably load that indoor room back up after I harvest. I just need a BOG 55day mother of one of his strains. Most everything I used to grow was 70 days, now some stuff is taking much longer. I need a quick grow just do the entire room in a 50-55day burner!!!!! I grew Fruity Jack from Philosopher seeds that was really good for sleeping. It's real high in CBD and THC, it was easy to grow outside. I got a ton of bud from her

JustSumTomatoes

Fruity Jack sounds really good. I love good sleeper varieties, and totally love fruity and hashy smelling strains. I have yet to run any of Bog's stuff but I've never heard anything bad about it, in fact the opposite. The Bogglegum looks like there are some nice phenos in there. I like Northern lights based strains for outdoors.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran

I've got a Auto NL I'll probably put outdoors in a few days

Latest posts

Latest posts