What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best rolling machine?

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I let my fingers do the rolling.

The trick is to keep your index fingers out of the way. Use your thumbs and middle fingers only. Also, a pile at each end of the joint instead of one pile in the middle will keep it from getting pregnant.

Best advice in this entire thread, for those of you who haven't yet figured out the trick to rolling good joints!:woohoo:

(One small note: while the index fingers are completely out of the way, and the thumbs and middle fingers do most of the work,
the ring fingers and pinkies are holding the middle fingers steady..

The index fingers only come into play to move the pot around to level it out as you roll!

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
sure, some would happily hire those fingers to roll them their joints.. but as long as we can t do it by hands, we must use something, or someone to make.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Those Raw tubes have bailed many a bad roller out of pipe hell. I like them for rosin-infused reefers. No way one of them could be rolled and still burn right.

X

xavier7995

I just looked up the Six Shooter. It's just a bump box that holds up to 6 premade cones for filling.

That's one thing I can't do is roll a cone.

Someone else mentioned it, but the dollar bill method has always worked for me when trying to roll a cone. Generally I just hand roll, but if I am trying to make something presentable I use a dollar as sort of a freehand rolling mat.

Edit: saw a guy do some sorta weed origami in a coffee shop once. Just ground up a big pile, laid out a paper and started folding (I realize now how easy it would be...seemed like magic at the time) then with a little flourish waved his paper triangle in the air and it popped open into a cone and he scooped the pile of weed right in and lit it up.

shithawk420

Veteran
Machines are too tight in my opinion.never seen a machine better than me but I don't I don't use my ring or pinky finger.i cringe when I see people do that for some reason.if you can't roll those prerolled Cones are great but kinda pricey.j just grind your herb, fill it and twist it.also they're single layer so no excess paper

[No message]

Attachments

• photo2089337.jpg
    photo2089337.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 68

hamstring

Veteran
A well worn dollar bill always worked for me best, usually have one in pocket ready to go without even trying. Personally never got the knack of using a rolling machine.

dollar dollar bill ya'all. Been doing it this way for 30 years. Its nice to spend the resin covered bill when its worn out.

X15

I smoke about 300 joints a month (doesn't everyone). I use a zig-zag roller (or whatever other cheapo). They all seem to work the same. I also use the RAW tips. Definitely a game changer like someone said. And, I often use the little plastic "tar traps" to ease the impact on my throat.

The Zig-Zag rollers I bought came with a plastic sheet and one extra. What happens to mine is that the seam on the plastic sheet starts to come apart.

I roll by hand, also and there is a HUGE difference in the way a hand rolled joint and a machine rolled joint smoke. TOTALLY different. Not really sure why there is so my difference, but there is.

Those metal rollers that fold in half totally suck. Not sure why they would get good reviews.

I use the Zippo brand too and the trick I’ve found to make the seam last longer is to take the belt off when you buy it and flip it… so that as your thumbs roll down and pull the belt around with the over-lapping part of the seam rotating in a downward motion.
Damn I hope that makes some kinda sense. Just smoked before reading this and I know what I was trying to say I just kinda brain farted. I’ll try to get some pics of anyone wants.

Latest posts

Latest posts