What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Columbian Gold 72

satva

Veteran
ColJam - first edition is: 1980 Colombian Gold x 1960/1970 Jamaican Lambsbread
ColJam - second edition is: (1980 Colombian Gold x 1960/1970 Jamaican Lambsbread) x 1980 Colombian Gold

Jahgreenlabel was using an early version of the 1960/1970 Jamaican Lambsbread that grows and flowers like an extreme Haze, also has hermaphrodites, wispy flowering and so on. Jahgreenlabel noted that 10% of ColJam females would have a trippy high. SamS said similar about Original Haze - 10% will be excellent, and others will be very good.............

The 1980 Colombian Gold and most all Landrace in 2019 do not have a pure ancestry and are far from stable in seed form in 2019. Today most all Colombians smoked in Colombia are "crippy" NLD / WLD hybrids.

The original - 1972 Colombian Gold came from Crippledcreek in 2015 or so. Charlie Garcia and Jahgreenlabel were the first tow growers to document grows publically. Charlie noted the "2015 original seed lot" of 1972 Colombian Gold from Crippledcreek was probably a good expression of a 1970's Colombian. I'd say perhaps similar to "original" 1970 Colombians that SamS selected for Original Haze. Original Haze is of course a multi-poly-Colombian hybrid. OH is not stable in seed form.

To think that Colombian seed names that have been around for 45 years are "pure" Colombian Gold or "pure" Punto Rojo is naive.

If you use the term extreme NLD to define Seedsman Haze or Original Haze, Crippledcreek's 1972 Colombian Gold was more extreme NLD than the 1980 Colombian Gold, but not as extreme as Original Haze or the 1960/1970 Jamaican Lambsbread. In there early generations and when Jahgreenlabel was selecting OH, JLB, and Seedsman Haze were probably P2/P3 Landrace. You'll get all the difficult grow issues of growing seeds that were recently adapted to the mountains of Colombia.

ColJam is an f4/f5, meaning that it was selected for 4 or 5 generations. ColJam has 14 week flowering pheno's and +22 week flowering pheno's. The area around Santa Marta has always had Coastal / lowland varieities and Highland Mountain varieites adapted to the high altitude regions of the Sierra de Nevada. The Coastal/ lowland may be grow for two harvests or harvested early due to monsoon rains or whatever. The Colombian Gold grown in the Sierra de Neveda mountains would be planted in the spring and harvested in December / January, only one harvest per year.

Highland Colombian Gold and Lowland Colombian Gold grow environments are very different. In general the Highland Colombian Gold will grow and smoke very similar to an extreme NLD pheno of Original Haze, tall, wispy growth, and wispy colas - 6 - 8 feet long that grow tight to the stem. Coastal Colombian Gold will have a more upright, upward reaching leaf, and a more compact growth structure, with much better, denser, and shorter flowering.

As Jahgreenlabel advertised for ColJam and 1972 CG, Highland Colombian, (for most of use will flower for) 16 - 24 weeks.

If you select extreme NLD pheno of Colombian Gold, Original Haze or JLB you are more likely to find a 1970's "trippy" Colombian high.

Once the narco-terrorist began to dominate the Colombian Marijuana grows in the mid-1970's. The quality of the high went downhill, due to the addition of indica genetics, and harvest per year.

Plus with seeds the name doesn't mean much. If you are looking for "The Haze high" you should select plants that look like Haze, which of course originated from 1970's Highland Colombians - NLD long flowering.

If you planted 50 seeds of Cannabiogen - 2008 Punto Rojo, most would resemble 1970 Colombians, but some would resemble "Colombian crippy" . If you cross "Colombian Crippy" x "Colombian Crippy" plant selections from 2008 Punto Rojo of ColJam, whatever, you'll get " Colombian Crippy" progeny with flowering duration less than the advertised 16 weeks.

If you select parents from Punto Rojo or ColJam that both flower for +20 weeks you'll get progeny that flower for +20 weeks and have a high similar to a +20 week Haze. It will take six or so generations to remove the recessive plants that do not resemble either of the parents, and show up in less than 5% of the population.

In the selection of ColJam and Mangobiche there was open pollination and or selection that included Lowland Colombian varieties that are shorter flowering with better flowering structure and also Highland NLD long flowering. Selecting NLD - Long flowering Landrace Colombian for better flowering and better resin production is not necessarily a bad thing, but too much selection for improved flowering, disease resistance, resin coverage and so on and you'll get a high that is similar to say Nevil's Haze - NLD pheno.

funkyhorse

Monsieur Troutman
Merci Beaucoup!
I never saw that forum and that thread, very interesting info!

Satva, thank you very much for your answer
So first version Coljam is CG80 x Lambsbread and the second version today would be called a CG80 BX. CG80 is a clone kept variety?
Then what Mike is selling in London is undoubtely Coljam

Beautiful plants, have uniformity, no indica at all here. So this is a stabilized strain at F4/5, must have taken years to make
What I meant is that I am seeing other strains with extreme sativa and indica phenos like the one in the attachments. I try not to comment on modern strains which are being currently commercialized

I totally agree that what I have smoked 35 years ago at different parts of the planet is all gone today. There was a war on drugs on the 20th century and many strains were casualties of those wars
I think the best approach we could all have is to try to get the best with whatever is available today

The Coljam males seem to be happy, they love the strong sun. No hermies so far
Coljam males are 2 months old and they reach now 7 feet being restricted on 20 lts. I believe on living soil here they might reach 15 feet or even more. They love humid weather

Seedsman OH leaves pictures are the only ones I see posted that resemble what I have seen as Punto Rojo

This is the thread were Crippledcrow, Kaiki and JGL were commenting and chatting about CG72
https://cannabiogen.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2387

Is the Lambsbread male used for Coljam the same one used for Double Jam?

Thanks everybody for help

Attachments

• Choco Thai indica.jpg
    Choco Thai indica.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 58
  • Choco Thai Sativa.jpg
    Choco Thai Sativa.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 56
  • CT sativa leaf 1.jpg
    CT sativa leaf 1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 60
  • CT sativa leaf 2.jpg
    CT sativa leaf 2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 59

herbgreen

Veteran
I'm not sure if Double Jam is ~ 1985 Jamaican Blue Mountain x 1960/1970 Jamaican Lanbsbread or 1960 / 1970 Jamaican Lambsbread x 1985 Jamaican Blue Mountain.

Its lambsbread x JBM

From jahgreenlabel....

DoubleJam

The DoubleJam, two Jamaican lineage, a preserved since 1985,the JBM and the other from the seventies the Lambsbread

The mother is the clone "purple Lambsbread" and the father JBM

Phenotypes from 14 to 20 weeks of flowering

Cerebral high euphoric / socializing or rather electric and psychedelic as phenotypes, no ceiling for many pheno! Very destabilizing

Taste fruity / floral / spicy

Strech significant X8 to X20

some pheno have many colors purple end of flowering

https://www.opengrow.com/topic/44152-underground-seeds-colective/page/9/

funkyhorse

This is good news. It means a cross Double Jam x Coljam is not incestuous

The cannabis world is very interesting. Bits of info are spread around the internet hidden at long threads on different forums in different languages. It is a very interesting puzzle to solve!!
At this post in the french forum, JGL talks of reports of 20% hermies in Double Jam and that the strain hermies on temperatures below 22-20C
https://www.cannaweed.com/forums/to...lective/page/17/?tab=comments#comment-3866205

From what I am seeing these days, seedmakers making a cross with 75% of one strain like is the case of Coljam second edition are calling it BX, thats what I meant.

funkyhorse

Both of my Purple Double Jam F2 got purple bracts in summertime with minimum temperatures of 23C. Pheno 1 was faster and got the bracts at 80 days and pheno 2 which is a totally different looking plant started to get the first purple bracts at 90 days

The plant grown from seeds bought in London at Regseeds as CG72 which I believe is Coljam, started to get first purple bracts at 98 days and foxtailing, also enjoying summer in same tent with same temperatures as Double Jam F2. So I think the Purple Lambsbread variety is passing the purple trait to his/her progeny, but its just speculation from seeing these 3 plants

I got 3 Coljam males which reached 3 meters high restrained in 20 liter pots. I couldnt get pollen from the longest flowering male with the thinnest leaves

These kind of plants are the reason I started to grow, they are not available at my market and the only way to enjoy long flowering sativas is growing them yourself as I have been answered in more than one cannabis club

The first early samples of these Lambsbread crosses reveal this is Santa Maria quality. I call Santa Maria to marihuana which can be used in spiritual/religious/inner introspective work.

Attachments

• Mike CG72 getting purple @98days.jpeg
    Mike CG72 getting purple @98days.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 66
  • Purple Double Jam 1 bud.jpg
    Purple Double Jam 1 bud.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 71
  • Purple Double Jam 2.jpg
    Purple Double Jam 2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 69

Im'One

Both of my Purple Double Jam F2 got purple bracts in summertime with minimum temperatures of 23C. Pheno 1 was faster and got the bracts at 80 days and pheno 2 which is a totally different looking plant started to get the first purple bracts at 90 days

The plant grown from seeds bought in London at Regseeds as CG72 which I believe is Coljam, started to get first purple bracts at 98 days and foxtailing, also enjoying summer in same tent with same temperatures as Double Jam F2. So I think the Purple Lambsbread variety is passing the purple trait to his/her progeny, but its just speculation from seeing these 3 plants

I got 3 Coljam males which reached 3 meters high restrained in 20 liter pots. I couldnt get pollen from the longest flowering male with the thinnest leaves

These kind of plants are the reason I started to grow, they are not available at my market and the only way to enjoy long flowering sativas is growing them yourself as I have been answered in more than one cannabis club

The first early samples of these Lambsbread crosses reveal this is Santa Maria quality. I call Santa Maria to marihuana which can be used in spiritual/religious/inner introspective work.

The introspective quality of Columbian red that I had when I was 17 is something I remember to this day. Apparently only one vendohas a red Columbian cross and there is a possibility it is punto rojo. Does anyone know the origin or breeding of Bodhi's Red Lotus? It claims to be Columbian red..cross with snow Lotus

funkyhorse

The introspective quality of Columbian red that I had when I was 17 is something I remember to this day. Apparently only one vendohas a red Columbian cross and there is a possibility it is punto rojo. Does anyone know the origin or breeding of Bodhi's Red Lotus? It claims to be Columbian red..cross with snow Lotus

I agree with you about Punto Rojo, it is a legendary strain in South America, it had the capability to generate visual and auditory synesthesias. The early samples I have tried of Purple Double Jam and Coljam dont generate synesthesias or enhance your senses which is what I call trippy ganja. But Double Jam like Punto Rojo it hits a while after you smoke it and after one hour you are discovering this is very nice stuff and with a high of the last century which is suitable for introspective work

I just put Bodhi's Soar into flowering which is supposed to be a Punto Rojo cross, but it has wide leaves, it is a columnar indica plant with little stretch, male looked the same so I culled. I dont have much hope about this plant to be similar to a Punto Rojo high but you never know and I am ready for unexpected surprises and treat her with the same love as the others
Do you know what kind of Punto Rojo Bodhi is using for this cross? I have not seen any reference of this strain online so far. I didnt expect this to be an indica plant

mike tea

colombian gold

colombian gold

Hello all.
Does anyone have any information on Underground Seed Collective Columbian Gold ‘72? Out of stock everywhere for a while, and I’m waiting hopefully for a restock. Any info on a drop in the future? Other tips will also be appreciated.
Thanks on advance
hello best, have some Colombian gold started my grow on them late may 2019 harvested bud and seed will start new grow this up coming 2o20 may had fun growing these, very productive like they were in 1977 when I got out of the military service real sativa type. been growing heirloom veg and grain since 19 80 strictly organic grower. mike tea from oklahoma

mike tea

colombians

colombians

great threads on the Colombians, thanks guys great read, peace mike tea.

Nexus7

USC Colombian Gold '72 from Reg seeds

USC Colombian Gold '72 from Reg seeds

Here's the breeder pack of my USC - CG72 obtained from London? Mike of reg seeds.

It's a small piece of white card inside of a large clear deal type bag. Seeds were inside a mini eppendorf and looked nice and small and healthy.

Just wondering if anyone who obtained legit CG '72 from Alchimia or S@nnies got the same breeder pack?

Also I'll up the pics of my male again so if anyone's grown either the '72Gold or the ColJam and wants to comment if mine is one or the other it would be appreciated.

Peace,

N7

Attachments

• 20200207_151557.jpg
    20200207_151557.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 66
  • 20190419_091256.jpg
    20190419_091256.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 20190419_091227.jpg
    20190419_091227.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 65

Nexus7

better pics

better pics

Usc CG72 gold male from reg seeds

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Planning to hit up an Ace Malawi in a few weeks with this one so would be nice to know what I got on my hands.

Peace,

N7

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ My pack looked different I think. I would say that is real. The leaves should be thin and small and turn yellow as it matures.

Your leaves look a little thicker and bigger than I remember. At the top of the plant they should be skinny for sure.

Latest posts

Latest posts