What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Distinguished and Nurtured Kind

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Flower room almost done. Need to put dark room louvers and hinges on the door yet, but at this point, lights could be turned on. This build is solid. The entire exterior is wrapped in a single piece of Poly-Shield to block any IR signature. I suppose it isn't fool proof because of nail holes, but it's a good as it can humanly possibly be, sort of scenario.

Exterior dimensions are 5'8" wide x 35.25" deep" x 7'8" tall. You can see the 6" vortex through the exhaust port where the carbon filter will eventually be attached.

This is consistent with my general approach of building a room within a room. (Never been a fan of tents for some reason. Just too noisy and to difficult to keep the environment consistently in the proper thresholds. The walls are fully framed 2x4 with 3" Roxul Safe 'n Sound - Fire/Sound Proofing Insulation. Went this direction for reasons that should be fairly obvious. :joint:

picture.php

dank.Frank

Last edited:

moses wellfleet

Veteran
The Snowman you speak of, could it be related to the cut of that name that is available at certain dispensaries in SoCal? It is a closely held cut, I can get the name of the dispensary if that helps.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No. That is just more lame non-creative people stealing the names of stuff we had. Genetic Freaked called his male that for maybe two years before someone else decided it was cool. Same exact garbage that Bodhi pulled with the Lazy Lightning name.

Snowman, is the name of a single male. GROM x Digi Bx1.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=257736

picture.php

picture.php

Everything his pollen touched, has tested above 25% THC. A true stud that passed an unusually high level of caryophyllene in his offspring as well. Everyone that has run plants from him have commented the flowers smell very much like a blend of various culinary herbs mixed with other nuances.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
24 hours seed soak with 8/10 Snow Monkey and 7/10 Cobalt Haze all having cracked and spit tails. Good sign. They went into dirt and under light this morning. I'll post an update when things break surface.

dank.Frank

genetic freaked

Veteran
Good looking room DF.
I love the name Snow Monkey. Really looking forward to what you find.
I’m thinking I might pop some so we can compare what is found in this line.
Heady found a beautiful female that got rave reviews

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Broooooooo! DOOOO ITTTTTT!!! :joint:

I know there is potential in anything your male hit. It's always more fun growing out things you and your friends have made together over time, than it is chasing some quick sell hype machine.

Glad you approve of the name. Also glad we are going to embark down this path together. :respect:

dank.Frank

nickman

Veteran
Abja Roots - Always be Flowering - SSH x (Mendobreath UV x Wet Dream F3)

The SSH cut is Whadezlrg's cup winner. The male: "The Mendobreath UV is a selection of the OGKB x Mendo Montage, with the OGKB being from the Girl Scout Cookies family and the Mendo Montage being a [Mendo Purps x (Trainwreck/'98 Aloha White Widow)]. The Wet Dream F3 was made by bringing together the classic Blue Dream with a Williams Wonder male from old Reeferman stock.

Going to be some diversity in these seeds which is perfectly okay. I'm not looking for anything other than great cannabis, and I don't question Abja in that regards. He grows and smokes the finest, so I trust in his judgement these seeds are worth the space in the garden.

View Image

Genetic_Freaked - Stank Bros collective - Snow Monkey = GG#4 x Snowman

GG#4 needs no introduction. Nothing but respect to JW for changing the game with that cut. Snowman is a male from GROM x Digi Bx1, which was made by Phillthy. Greyskull introduced GROM to the world, and it's Purple Indica x Romulan. Digi is an old 80's blueberry cut worked by Chili_Berkster for decades, from which I selected a male from his Bx1 line. Digi x Digi/Sour Bubble Bx2.

I'm looking for plants with outstanding resin content in this line. G_F's Snowman male, as he became known, layers his offspring in trichomes with some very unique terps in the mix. His offspring tend to be excellent for anti-anxiety and stress relief. The yield and the resin output of the Glue is some of the absolute best in the cannabis world. I have seriously high expectations for these seeds.

View Image

Have 10 of each currently soaking. Need 8 ladies to fill the room.

The end goal is what it always has been. To find true keeper elite quality mothers from seed. I've smoked or grown 95% of the big named elites. I know what is worthy and what really isn't in the grand scheme of things now. Time to start building a new harem.

While these are growing up, the flowering room will be filled with :

ECTraveler - Med Tree Seeds - Suzy Q Bx2 = SuzyQ x [SuzyQ x (SuzyQ/Richness)]

SuzyQ was produced by the CBD Project in Santa Roja, CA. She has a 59:1 CBD:THC ratio and has a rather piney terp profile. The Richness outcross is Valentine-X x Rainmaker. The male used ran in the 20:1 range, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not 100% sure of how many of the Bx2 packs were ever released by Med Tree, but it is one of very few of the drug derived cultivar lines that has the potential to produce less than 0.3% THC, even when the flowers have fully matured. The goal here is to find a "hemp" clone that can be utilized in small acreage outdoor hemp cultivation.

View Image

Nothing but ICm genetics in my room. SDF, old N n' J crew and F.A.M.I.L.Y. - is about all you'll see growing here. For the last 15+ years the best genetics in the world have passed through these forums; MANY originated as a result of these very boards. The cannabis industry was carried by the rebels and the outcasts who dared to post openly on this site and shared their passion with the world.

For the love of the plant. To overgrow prohibition.

Remember, there is no such thing as legalization if there still exists ANY platform through which the government can take away a person's freedom simply for growing a plant. 4 plants is not legalization. That's regulation. That is their way of tossing us a bone (appeasing) while getting us to create yet another means of perpetuity for their careless and reckless legislative measures on any number of issues, not just cannabis.

More so than anything, my garden has always been about medical provision. I NEED cannabis. That doesn't make me an addict or a druggie. It surely doesn't make me a criminal. It simply means I choose to put into my body, as a means of self-management, a substance that does not harm me over prescribed medications that have an endless list of potential side effects.

But it has also always represented an act of civil disobedience; A way of exercising liberty. Remember, the government, DOES NOT have the ability to give you rights. Those inalienable things, belong to you, simply because you exist. The core nature of a crime involves a victim, by legal definition. THE ONLY victims of cannabis, are those created by badge wearing tyrants hiding behind capital letter agencies, who seek to destroy innocent people's lives, so they can pay the bank for their double mortgaged McMansion they bought while sipping the kool-aid of the "American dream".

F.U.C.K.E.M.

Long story short. The battle is far from over. If we accept this quasi-legalization farce as the finish line, we have sold short the dreams of those who sacrificed everything to ensure this plant survived a war waged against it by the wealthiest, most powerful government entity ever to exist in recorded human history. Keep your name off their list of approval. Don't let "the man" tell you what is right or wrong. What you can or cannot do. Keep overgrowing ALL forms of prohibition, which includes regulation masked as freedom.

If you disagree, just read my signature. :joint:

dank.Frank

I whole heartedly agree with you Frank 100% ...!!!...

I hope you find some nice keepers in these packs ...!!!...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Snowman you speak of, could it be related to the cut of that name that is available at certain dispensaries in SoCal? It is a closely held cut, I can get the name of the dispensary if that helps.

No. That is just more lame non-creative people stealing the names of stuff we had. Genetic Freaked called his male that for maybe two years before someone else decided it was cool. Same exact garbage that Bodhi pulled with the Lazy Lightning name.

Snowman, is the name of a single male. GROM x Digi Bx1.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=257736

View Image

View Image

Everything his pollen touched, has tested above 25% THC. A true stud that passed an unusually high level of caryophyllene in his offspring as well. Everyone that has run plants from him have commented the flowers smell very much like a blend of various culinary herbs mixed with other nuances.

dank.Frank

Pieguy and Burner from cookie fam have a cut named Snowman. I don't know if that's the cut u guys are referring to?. I had a Snowman s1 cut a few years back that came from it. Don't have it any longer.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, Hammer. That's the "other one". Should have been called SnowWOMAN.
At least our SnowMAN was a male plant. ;)

dank.Frank

genetic freaked

Veteran
I named that boy Snowman a while ago and only called him that because he was just as frosty as some female plants.
Never would have thought people would use that name for females lol.
I’m just happy I was able to use his pollen on a couple plants.
Totally sucks that I ruined the other elite clones I received and wasn’t able to get pollen from him on them. We’re some gems

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL. Let's not dwell on the past. The future is bright and frosty! Certainly do wish the Lime Kush had made it though! :joint:

But really, it's awesome you got GG#4 hit. Considering that GreySkull put both GROM and Sour Dubb into the community, the Snow Monkey sort of brings those two plants back together, albeit a bit removed from each other. Still, I think that aspect of it is cool and it makes the line special. Greyskull is one of the best people to ever grace these boards, in my opinion. Have an immense amount of respect for him.

I consider it an honor to be growing your gear as well. I think it's amazing how many hands have touched this project over the years to make it what it is and your foresight and intuition graced some plants with one of the very best males I've ever seen.

It's GOOD to be growing again. Been far too long since I've allowed myself this freedom.

dank.Frank

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bunch of fake ass neo-capitalists masquerading as counter
culture cannabis enthusiasts with their thinly veiled
self-justifications catering to the morally
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR
That's basically what happens in any endeavor isn't it bro... Keep on keepin on!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hear ya Chili_B. I just hate seeing it in the world that helped me escape that same non-sense in the first place. To be expected though. People are people, yes. I'll be honest though in saying, the past 5 years of re-integration has done nothing but reminded me why I checked no on all the boxes so many years ago. I can only stand so much of the BS before I need my quiet place. I've hit that threshold and then some. It's in part why I'm focusing on the garden now. My soul needs it.

Question Chili - I was just wondering this the other day. I bet you still have some BKGK x Digi Bx1 seeds laying around don't you?

Still nothing above soil on the last 20 seeds. I know they are growing though. I pushed some soil around and see the tap roots are growing and righting themselves the right way to push above soil. Taking their sweet time, but I expect we'll have some plants over the next week.

dank.Frank

genetic freaked

Veteran
I was digging around the fridge and found some Digi BX2 (I believe they are BX2)

I also have about 15-25 GromxDigi Ix using Snowman and that strong female you smoked DF.

If none of the older Stank Bros seeds pop then maybe I’ll just run the Snow Monkey and GromxDigi Ix.

Really hoping the FBPK and the KKSCxDigi do pop tho

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If the FBPK don't take off for you, I do have more of those. The embryos are healthy, they just aren't germinating. Doesn't mean they are lost though. Tough exterior shells to boot. When the times comes, whatever is left and able to be perpetuated you are more than welcome to. My library is your library as far as I'm concerned. That being said, if you are in need you know what to do. :respect:

That one GROM x Digi female was a true beast. Two were just above average. Two could have been made into extract to be viable. That one though...very potent smoke. Uncomfortably strong for it's effects. A get up and do stuff metal spark fully inhibited by full on body waves that stuck you to the floor. Such a stark contrast of effects in a single plant. Tad bit overwhelming and slightly confusing. Potency through the roof.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed over here for you! That mild bleach solution and rotating the paper towels is a suggestion from Chimera. I don't have an exact solution % of what it should be though. As I told you, I'm really trying to learn more about starting old, tired seed stock. If the embryo is white and healthy, which they are, then it should still germinate, given enough tricks. Time will tell.

I'm not 100% on having ever giving you any Bx2. I know I gave some to Groady Ho, and I thought he was the only one I ever passed them too. Not even sure that is correct though. I might have just given him a pure F2 of the Bx1 from a very heavy Digi influenced female I was running for a bit. Can't recall.

I try to keep the pure Digi very close to home out of respect to Chili_B. It's HIS baby and I'm just fortunate to have been allowed to play in the gene pool a bit, but I certainly would never want to spread it too far. She's too unique in the pure form to just hand out. Not enough can appreciate the DECADES of effort that has been put into keeping her alive. Passing her out freely would just result in a similar thing that happened with GG#4...aka read my signature...LOL.

dank.Frank

genetic freaked

Veteran
Was such a shame about GG4.
I loved that girl. Beautiful and easy to grow.
I’m hoping the Snow Monkey is just a juiced up GG4 with more frost and an added layer of high that is antianxiety

I did check again and I have 3 Grom BX2. I know I didn’t get them from you but I can’t remember who I got them from.

You know I will keep them close with whatever I find

I only have 3 seeds but if I do find anything good in them I would like to cross it to my GromxDigi Ix. Unless you or Chili don’t think this is a good idea.

Of course I would keep them close or share with only the people who had their hand in creating the Grom and Digi

I loved the GromxDigi so much that I would like to gey a good seed stock so that it’s not lost.
It’s probably the best smoke I have had. Other then that one female who was stupid potent. WAY to potent to me. One hit and I was good for a long while. I didn’t know if u wanted to get up and do things or just lay down and ride it out. Very interesting herb to say the least

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BKGK x Digi Bx1 , hmm i'll check
As for digi crosses. If you have the genetics. They are yours. I set them loose for free. All I ask is that you pay it forward in some way, to someone else that would appreciate the fine smoke.