What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chevy's blumatized organic soil LED mini grow

Antoine Mack

cannasseur extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love the tiny moms combined with the Blumats in such small pots. Really cool.
Are those the normal sized Blumats or the Bonsai version?

greets
:smokey:

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah lack of space means you have to get creative hahaha
They're regular tropf blumats. Feels terrible to jam them in there but after a day the plants seem to have forgotten each time.
I only grow for myself these days and I thought it would be terrible if space restrictions killed my wish to keep some moms of plants I have smoked and liked.

CC

Antoine Mack

cannasseur extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I see.

So you have the moms growing in their pots for a while already before you put the Blumats in?

Having a variety of genetics you like as moms is definitely a good thing.

greets

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I see.

So you have the moms growing in their pots for a while already before you put the Blumats in?

Having a variety of genetics you like as moms is definitely a good thing.

greets
No I put them in when I planted the rooted clones in these little pots. You can also add them later, you will tear a few roots but they'll be fine.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's a pic of my exhaust fan/ carbon scrubber combo.
I've changed the installation from being inside the flower chamber and the fan pulling through the scrubber and blowing out to the fan sucking the air outside the smaller veg chamber, blowing through the scrubber.
This may be a bit unorthodox, but it doesn't make sense to pull bone dry air through the veg/ seedling chambers into the flower chamber when you can go the other way around, thereby giving the flowring plants dry air and pulling that same air which takes up moisture from the flower chamber and then goes through the veg chambers.
The path of the air is:
In through the top of the flower chamber (there is of course a light trap) - on to the veg and seedling chamber (through one vent port each- out the bottom of the veg chamber
DSC00005.JPG

My little lodge 100 tent sits on a wooden board and wheels so I can move it around to wherever it's not in the way.
CC

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A few more bits about my set up...
You've seen my scrubber fan combo now here's my reservoir it sits atop the tent. It holds about 30l/8gal
DSC00008.jpg

Here's the whole thing
DSC00001.JPG

And here's the water split to veg and flower behind the res.
DSC00009.JPG

Oh yes and not to forget here's a thai x panama which will be harvested by the time you read this
DSC00002.JPG

took around 80 days and maybe could have gone longer but I got amber trichs so decided to harvest
CC

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Smoke report for Panama Haze and Thai x Panama re coming!
I've grown and smoked both before (remember I'm keeping moms of both) but, in hindsight, made a few mistakes or could have done better so hopefully this time it'll be right.
I recall that both strains were not racy or paranoid but rather mentally clear and calming while at the same time pretty energetic. Sleeping was not an option with both hahaha.
CC

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have smoked the Panama Haze now but it needs a bit of a cure first. The high ist still a bit "confused"as I've found with many sativas which are still very fresh/ shortly after harvest.
The little cut of my Kendal Green was showing roots yesterday, that's 12 days. Not bad for my cloning style, which isn't anything at all hahaha-
DSC00001 copy.JPG

DSC00002 copy.JPG

Straight into Allmix and I've prepared the hole with great white.
DSC00001.JPG

DSC00002.JPG

DSC00007.JPG

Kendal Green is a cross between a Qleaner male and an F13 lady. It has more flavor than F13 while it retains the blissful F13 high. Very social and active weed with no ceiling.

Here's the "tech" in my tiny veg compartment.
Four Philips SILs (13w/1520lm each) some computer fans blowing air around and a hygrometer strapped to a pole.
Once a SIL grower always a SIL grower:cool:
They are still the cheapest and almost best way to sufficiently light a small area. Also, they never break, these here I've had for years and they're still going.
DSC00008.JPG

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Finally harvested the thai x panama.
I've found a really nice setting to dry my plants at rh60% at cold temps, but since my plants are never full-size (because of the lack of space) they never take the 12-14days commercial growers mostly state for their drying time. I find mine are at 60% after 7-8 days
DSC00003.JPG

Once they have reached around 60% and they can't add enough humidity into to the drying tent to kick off the hygrometer that controls the exhaust fan, I put them in a box until the rh fully stabilises.
I do this as a sort of extended drying...to slow the process down as much as possible.
Once the rh is stable the buds are trimmed and go into jars with hygrometers in them to check on rh.
DSC00006.JPG

Latest posts

Latest posts