What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Huge List of Early Outdoor Strains

DJbigbud

Ive grown cindy's blue cheese and amnesia hashplant from OGS, Central US near canadian border and both finished early sept, quality was decent, guerilla and not well cared for.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Leb27 from HFH is really early strain.

HFH strains due ripen earlier. Have grown numerous of theirs....great for guerrilla or backyard.

They are outdoor plants. Most don't respond well indoors....or at least our experience.

therevverend

Veteran
I really don't trust what seed banks say about there finishing times.

This is a good thread for anyone north of the sweet spot, California in North America, Spain, Italy, and Greece in Europe. I recommend figuring out where your breeder is located. For instance Hybrids from Hell, esbe's seed bank, is located in Denmark. His finishing times are valid for 55 degree N. Ace Seeds is located in Spain so their finishing times match around 40 degrees N.

I've found this website to be a useful tool for figuring out length of day for where I live. And measuring when seeds from where will start to flower for my latitude.

https://www.timeanddate.com/

Plug in the date and the city and it'll tell you sunrise and sunset times and the length of day. We just had a beautiful lunar eclipse you can find those on the website as well.

It's been noted already in this thread that most drug strains of cannabis that aren't equatorial are triggered to flower when the day length drops below 14 hours. The other factor is how many weeks the strain takes to finish. Outdoors most strains finish in 6-10 weeks. Which for most places means the month of October.

Del_9_THC

Bingo!

Seed company bullshit, like most of the cannabis industry bullshit is just that!
Even for indoor grows their flower times are often "optimistic", but what's even worse are their descriptions or names. (One company has the chutzpah to call a strain that is 70% sativa, a kush?....those Fucker don't even know anything about genetics).

As someone with over 40 years of growing experience, I trust my own eyes and feeling about when to harvest.

As for outdoors and finishing times, you are also bang on about latitudes!
Latitude is the key when it comes to outdoor harvest, unless you can provide artificial darkness via tarps or some other light blocking method.
An early finishing strain in South Cal, could be a "no,finisher" (I.e. rot in the forests before it was mature) in Washington state.

If you have strain which is an "early maturing" strain at your latitude, give your latitude, so other growers can extrapolate to their locale, otherwise it is not too helpful info.

P.S. Are you therevverend who was on overgrow about 10-15 years ago?....if so, I remember some of your grows....they were outstanding!

This is a good thread for anyone north of the sweet spot, California in North America, Spain, Italy, and Greece in Europe. I recommend figuring out where your breeder is located. For instance Hybrids from Hell, esbe's seed bank, is located in Denmark. His finishing times are valid for 55 degree N. Ace Seeds is located in Spain so their finishing times match around 40 degrees N.

You are totally right!!

Everybody who grown outdoor in cold latittude can agree :tiphat:

yahooman

i remember doing the math on lats and finish times for certain clones...i think it was 6 days per one lat unit....so if im at 44n and a clone finishes september 30th,the same clone would finish 12 days earlier at 42n,43n would finish 6 days earlier...etc....something like that

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
i remember doing the math on lats and finish times for certain clones...i think it was 6 days per one lat unit....so if im at 44n and a clone finishes september 30th,the same clone would finish 12 days earlier at 42n,43n would finish 6 days earlier...etc....something like that

Sometimes thats true but there are so many other factors that can be involved in that process like root restriction, stress, health, temperature, and who knows what that effects the plant. If all else remained same though I would agree :)

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
Sorry bro, its actually black domina...although i got its brandname wrong, i know for a fact it finishes early not just a hunch. :biggrin: