What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Koon's Alpine guerrilla experience

konopenko

Veteran
Ja man, great pics..dont you worry bro, they are slow atm but there is still some time to grow and streach. Soil is quite cold there uh? Mine are on 1600m so I lifted them for 30 cm and I also put some rocks-as they absorb some sun energy-maybe :)
Whats the name of last mountain? First I tought about Jalovec, but its not so scary and near your place...

Koondense

Veteran
You got it right, I took that picture standing near a very old man looking at that mountain;)
It's not in the exact area of my grow, also the other pictures were taken when hiking around.

Good idea with the rocks, but I was having in mind a warmer summer, so I left them like they are, straight in soil. Anyway there are some rocks around and maybe helping with the warmth at night.
I hope your plants will manage to finish at that altitude, must be really cold up there.

Forgot to say, I rubbed a bit the stems, some nice and pretty intense aromas are forming, particularly the bigger KC33 caught my nose's attention. She fits perfectly in the surrounding forest aromas:)

konopenko

Veteran
Ja man, Im dreaming about Jalovec last few years...I dont know bro if there will be any attempt-there are no easy paths to summit of this beauty and I dont want to leave my child without her father :) shit is too brutal..there is no real chance to smoke few spliffs on top and get back alive :bongsmi:
picture.php

Koondense

Veteran
Kono, think about all the beautiful things in the valleys:)

I think one should be as clear as possible when climbing and I really hope you can be satisfied with only a view like this from the Sleme "lakes" and taking a puff. We could set a meeting there some time:)

Here's another one from the trek, dry riverbed + waterfalls higher up.

Koondense

Veteran
Hi belivitez,
sadly the pollen was too wet to collect, also too early for collection(most pollen sacks were still closed) and I'm not visiting them until september, so no pollen from the pekhu.

However, I could give you a seed or two, maybe you find a male:)

konopenko

Veteran
Whatsup Koon lets smoke some buds de Alps :) here is my poor climber NepJ this year, serious yielder ;) but taste and high are superb :)
picture.php

picture.php

Koondense

Veteran
Cheers Kono!
Both look wet and happy:) So good to hear good news from the mountains!

I'll go harvest very soon before the next rains, probably next week. Temperatures are still high enough to dry the plants and no frost is in sight, so I will let them just a little bit more under the sun, I think they will be happy with it.

Stay tuned for updates.

Koondense

Veteran
Harvest

Harvest

Ok, time flies fast and I just had a free friday so the decision was made to go in the mountains.

To keep it short, natural selection was tough, only 4 plants made it in the end, got 3 females and one male.
Sounds good, but they were all very small and yield is a few grams + 3 seeds.

But!

The Purple Nepal bud is completely ripe, has milky and purple trichomes, a scent which reminds me of sugary roses, bubblegum and something a woman would put on to seduce males
biggrin.gif

Its flowers have a columnar sativa structure, totally purple, good resin coverage and a delicate inviting smell.
There is also a green pheno female plant, but this one is a dwarf, yielding a gram maybe and no seeds. Smell is different but still very nice.

Purple Nepal - Solar Seeds

The 2 KC33's left were a male and female. The male pollenated Purple Nepal and seems it was quite early, because the plant was almost dry, looked dead. He "came" and died.
The female KC33 was a sativa pheno, light green and slow to start flowering, so I picked her way too early. No seeds from her.
Smell is 'green' but has a dankish note to it, she would need a month or more to finish and would be top OD weed.

KC33 - KC Brains

-------------------------

Bottom line

I'm very pleased with this experience, it cost me more than I got in return, but my heart is happy and soul fulfilled while the mind is already thinking ahead for next year.
The spot seems to be good, I learned from some basic mistakes I made, like hole size and other basic stuff... Next time the 3 PNxKC33 will be back at home.

Would I do it again?

I will definitely do it again!

Good vibes!

tiphat.gif

konopenko

Veteran
Purple Nepal looks stuning bro! Im glad you harvested something, I first harvested some buds de Alps after few disapointing years, but I never gave up. Even if you harvest for one decent spliff..its worth to try again next year. We can call it hiking with a reason :)

Koondense

Veteran
Exactly, I'm very happy about the harvest, all factors were somehow fishy and I was expecting no survivors, instead some mini plants were still there and you can surely imagine the joy of seeing them:)
I still have some PurpleNepal and will make better use of seedlings next season, I promise.

We gotta meet one day bro so you can teach me some mountain gorilla tricks:)

Take care

C

Chris089

Good job Koondense! I know from my own experience how hard it is to grow in guerilla in the mountains... Don't be sad about the harvest, next year you'll earn more, I'm sure!
Guerilla rulez! :D

Koondense

Veteran
It's really a gorgeous peace of Earth:) One of many in the area.

I'm already thinking about next season, the beans from the PN are 4 in total(found another one) and will be put in the same spot along with a PN x Afghan and some other fast finisher(not decided). Bigger holes, better soil mix and protection against animals will be required.

Meanwhile the PN smoke is good balanced, spicy smoke with a medium potency and a mild warm high. The bud smells of strawberry gum and alpine flowers, slightly peppery.
Curing in a small jar, a proper smoke report will follow sometime in mid winter.

Koondense

Veteran
Ok, so there was no "next season" in 2014.
Here we are in 2020 and this is the "next" season, I had a nice hike in june and took a couple clones with me, in search for a new spot.
Found it, planted them and this october returned to see if they were still there.
And yes, they were standing under the alpine sunshine, all finished and waiting for me to harvest them before the snow :)

A couple of pictures of my (sub-)alpine ladies

Oaxaca x KaliChina
picture.php

Oaxaca x Panama
picture.php

The smells are fantastic, can't wait for the smoke test ;)

Cheers