What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Just a mom looking for advice

Cookie Hill

A little bit about us. We live in Cali, and my son is 12. He is non verbal with autism, and as a new added bonus massive seizures. I was a part of this community a decade ago, a friend of Medjool, may she rest in peace. My ex and I were a part of her journey with her son. Oh the foreshadowing!!! Now I too am seeking the remedy to help my son. I've taken him to the Canna Dr. and he has a rec. I told UCSF that he refused their pills and that I want to try this. They are open to it, but I need to act fast before that changes.

The Dr.s of course want to start major medications that up to this point I have been able to ignore. But the seizure thing is life threatening, and I have to do something. My situation is unique even for the med community though, and so I come to you hoping for advice or creative genius. My son won't swallow meds, he can vomit at his own will anything he thinks tastes nasty. You cannot hide anything in his foods, he has spidey senses and can taste it.

I have tried the Care by Design oils, and several edibles and he rejects them. The taste is to detectable. My friend just gave me some CBD isolate. It seems promising, but I cannot find any info- good or bad on it. I can't find any dosing info on it either.

I scoured the local collectives and most of their stuff all focuses on THC and everyone is suggesting to buy flower for my needs. There must be something out there that will work for us in another form. Are there any other picky patients out there? Any ideas of something I can buy already prepared, quality controlled, and readily available?

Any and all help would be so appreciated. Help me save my son's life.
:thank you:

Cookie Hill

LOL! I wish that were possible, but he won't allow it. I even tried while he was sleeping, but he woke up and was pissed off.

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
Does he accept drinks readily? What about a tincture added to a soda or sports drink?

rolandomota

Capsule? Make him take it? How will he take other meds? Youl have the same problem. I would rather force my kid than have him go in to seizures. I dont know this is hard but definitely capsules for no taste. Vaporize? Second hand smoke? Wow this really is frustrating i can only imagine how you feel

Last edited:

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...have you tried lowering the dosage until he accepts it? ...minute amounts gradually increasing over time? ...to slowly habituate him to the taste?

...i'm no expert but everything i've read suggests that you want high CBD rather than high THC, something like Charlotte's Web which is a strain developed for a little girl with severe seizures, more than 300 per day if i remember right.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte's_web_(cannabis)

...here is a link to Rick Simpson's site where you will find much more info specifically tailored to patients and medical use and i would strongly suggest you take a look. ...there you will find many testimonials as well as several how to videos. (for some reason the link isn't working for me so if it doesn't work for you do a search for 'Rick Simpspns oil')

phoenixtears.ca

...sorry for what your family is going through and i will put your son in my prayers.

peace, bozo

PS: also search on YouTube where you will find how to's for making small batchs. (it appears that YouTube is where he has a channel so that is the best place to go)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RickSimpsonOilCure

shithawk420

Veteran
I gotta admit I'm stumped here.he won't eat it and he won't drink it.maybe bozo is right.I hope for the best.

redlaser

Veteran
I would give the CBD isolate a chance. .1 gram or less to start. Have not tried it myself but I would guess it has little cannabis taste.
I would also try administering concentrates through the skin by mixing rosin with coconut oil. I've tried that on injured areas with some success, it's kind of almost faintly numbing while giving some psycho active effect if using higher ThC cannabis.
I think I've seen cbd patches but can't remember where.
Patches are basically bandaids with meds so you could probably get the size bandaid you want and put the coco oil/ hash combo on it and apply.
I'd try to get cannabis that's been tested for pesticides and mold to not add a possible issue.
Hope it works for you and your son, I'd be surprised if there wasn't something positive that came from trying it

X

xavier7995

I would give a coconut oil lotion a try. Generally I don't think the lotions/patches that are sold commercially are very good, my dad was looking for something and tried a bunch only to find them all to be crap and ineffective except one...that is no longer offered. A buddy whipped up a crazy strong batch of coconut oil, I believe it was a pound of buds and a few ounces of concentrates to a gallon of coconut oil. That did the trick and was strong enough that enough of the thc/cbd was able to be absorbed through the skin to be effective.

Cookie Hill

Capsule? Make him take it? How will he take other meds? Youl have the same problem. I would rather force my kid than have him go in to seizures. I dont know this is hard but definitely capsules for no taste. Vaporize? Second hand smoke? Wow this really is frustrating i can only imagine how you feel

When he was little I could force things. Now he's 12, 130lbs, and he can make himself vomit on cue. And it's just me raising him, his dad abandoned him years ago because of the work it involves in raising him....It is so frustrating and so hard! Now add terrifying to the list with these seizures. He doesn't really understand the concept of in or out for vaping. Plus, there's no way I could get his school on board to give him the medicine with vaping. I am fortunate enough that they will support me usung cannabis if I find a discreet way to do it.

Cookie Hill

...have you tried lowering the dosage until he accepts it? ...minute amounts gradually increasing over time? ...to slowly habituate him to the taste?

...i'm no expert but everything i've read suggests that you want high CBD rather than high THC, something like Charlotte's Web which is a strain developed for a little girl with severe seizures, more than 300 per day if i remember right.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte's_web_(cannabis)

...here is a link to Rick Simpson's site where you will find much more info specifically tailored to patients and medical use and i would strongly suggest you take a look. ...there you will find many testimonials as well as several how to videos. (for some reason the link isn't working for me so if it doesn't work for you do a search for 'Rick Simpspns oil')

phoenixtears.ca

...sorry for what your family is going through and i will put your son in my prayers.

peace, bozo

PS: also search on YouTube where you will find how to's for making small batchs. (it appears that YouTube is where he has a channel so that is the best place to go)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RickSimpsonOilCure
I haven't even been able to get him to take a dose. I give him a tiny piece of something and he gags and vomits. It's how we try new things. A couple times a year something new enters his diet this way. The chocolate caramels I bought were delicious, I was sure that would pass, but no...

The doctor does want us to start with CBD first, and I have bought everything that qualifies when I go into the dispensaries. I've still got a couple more to visit before I head to the Bay Area next week and try to buy everything they have.

Cookie Hill

I tasted the isolate and it has a really faint bitter after taste to it, but is mostly flavorless. I just got concerned when I tried looking for others who use it and there is lots of negativity attached to it without explanation. People inferring it dangerous, but I don't understand why. But I also don't want to trigger the seizures, so I am trying to understand better before trying it.

Cookie Hill

I would give a coconut oil lotion a try. Generally I don't think the lotions/patches that are sold commercially are very good, my dad was looking for something and tried a bunch only to find them all to be crap and ineffective except one...that is no longer offered. A buddy whipped up a crazy strong batch of coconut oil, I believe it was a pound of buds and a few ounces of concentrates to a gallon of coconut oil. That did the trick and was strong enough that enough of the thc/cbd was able to be absorbed through the skin to be effective.
Originally I asked the doctor about that and he said he didn't know anyone who had been successful with it. But I was wondering about that, because I do rub essential oils on his feet and diffuse them too_Of course I don't have access to that amount of flower anymore.

Latest posts

Latest posts