What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pharmgold VaporHawg

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Would it be possible to build a unit similar to this? Minus all the c1d1 ratings...

The C1D1 is the electrical motor, switch, and wiring. You can put any 2 hp motor and switch on it, and still have it operate. The key is the Welch pump it uses.

Pharmgold currently owns my design, but if If someone doesn't buy it and start producing them, I'll publish the details.

Gtir

The C1D1 is the electrical motor, switch, and wiring. You can put any 2 hp motor and switch on it, and still have it operate. The key is the Welch pump it uses.

Pharmgold currently owns my design, but if If someone doesn't buy it and start producing them, I'll publish the details.

Are these pumps available for sale?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so....the pharmgold site is down and it maybe sounds like they aren't actually producing the vaporhawg?

Yes, Pharmgold closed their doors. I've sent out feelers to see if another manufacturer wants to buy their intellectual property, but in the interim the BRP-1 Welch pump it is built around is still available.

If no one picks up the VaporHawg line, I'll publish a design.

Bummed to hear this. It may be old news to some but I excited to see some GW design engineering available to the commercial market that you have contributed so much to.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bummed to hear this. It may be old news to some but I excited to see some GW design engineering available to the commercial market that you have contributed so much to.

It could be argued that there are a number of examples of GW brain farts scattered to and fro through the commercial extractor industry, on various brand designs.

Exactly what happens when a good idea is tossed free to the fertile minds of the populous, without the fetters of a patent.

There are also 20 WolfWurx Mk IV & V kits, and 13 complete turnkey Terpenator systems, three automated, out there in the field, with no unhappy customers or accidents, making it a good place to trade WolfWurx, Inc to Pharmgold on a happy note and return to retirement.

Pharmgold produced Mk VC Terpenator SN-PG0014 and about seven VaporHawgs, counting the test sled.

There were some early issue with vibration and harmonics when run at up to double their design pressure of 60 psi (to 120 psi), but by SN-0003, Rev-3, those issues were resolved by adding flywheel weight and isolating the manifolds.

To my knowledge, all the owners are currently happy, but I retired before Pharmgold closed their doors and get limited feedback.

Pharmgold may sell their intellectual property, in which case the VaporHawg could reappear, or someone else may jump in based on the existing VaporHawg's performance and their own designs.

I think it is too early to predict.

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 9.27.27 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 9.27.27 AM.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 9.29.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 9.29.23 AM.png
    108.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 9.30.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 9.30.23 AM.png
    86.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 9.31.05 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 9.31.05 AM.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 16

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Rickys bong

Veteran
Does anyone have specifications on the pump?

I note it has a wet crank case...................

It looks similar to a Blackmer or Hycomp compressor which use a second piston and packing section to isolate the crankcase from the process gas.

lpg-200c-10-b.jpg

RB

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Kaf, kaf, kaf, big boy toys are getting spendy.

From the free air specs, it looks like it should kick ass and take names.

The VaporHawg was about 6 cfm free air at 1725 rpm. Pharmgold charged $12k for the last ones out the door.

One thing I found with the VaporHawg, was much of the extra pump capacity is wasted if you don't have the vaporization surface area to take advantage of it.

Breakover

Love our VaporHawg. Best pump ever and an excellent alternative to a haskel. Someone would be foolish to not pick up the design and produce it.

We regularly use ours to push pull cold injection solvent (which means running in a partial vacuum) and then use it for final recovery to -15. The rest of the process is passive.

I want to get another pump head for a just in case scenario, but with the way this thing runs, I think it's going to go thousands of hours before it's shot.

HG23

Hey Breakover, what size collection pot are you using with your VH? Does it just pull right into negative gauge pressure?

I'm getting set to put my VH into service, but I only have a 12" pot to use with it for now. I'm currently using a couple TR21's and have debated just adding another one until I can get Ironfist to fab me up one of their 22" collection vessels to take full advantage of the Hawg. Given GW saying that surface area is usually the limiting factor, I'm wondering if adding another TR21 would give me similar performance to the VH on a 12" pot. I would need to have some electrical and construction work done to use the Hawg so another TR21 is easier to implement ATM.

I have 4 X 800Watt sous vide heaters in the water bath which I'm hoping would keep positivie pressure up with the VH w/ 12" pot.