What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Post your pipes!

Dave Coulier

Veteran
A new addition to my collection I picked up at a flea market for cheap.

picture.php

picture.php

shithawk420

Veteran
Not bad for a flea market.ive picked up some decent pieces at them.looks like you got lucky unless the Chinese started doing dichro pipes now.im referring to the sparkly stuff in the glass

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Not bad for a flea market.ive picked up some decent pieces at them.looks like you got lucky unless the Chinese started doing dichro pipes now.im referring to the sparkly stuff in the glass

Yeah, Ill definitely have to visit more flea markets in the future and see if I can find any other good deals. Who knew you could find deals at flea markets?!?! :laughing:

I never knew what the shiny stuff was called, thanks for the info on that. Im a sucker for the sparkly stuff :biggrin:. Ive even got a smaller pipe that has dichro in it too. This pipes too nice to be made in china :biggrin:

shithawk420

Veteran
I'm glad you like your pipe.dont underestimate the Chinese though.ive seen some very good knockoffs.ive seen some ROORS that only a professional could tell was fake

St. Phatty

Nice pipes.

How do you clean them ?

gallon glass jar full of acetone ?

I have to use a hand-drill and 2 metal drills to clean my waterpipe, at least once a week.

delerious

Nice pipes.

How do you clean them ?

I have to use a hand-drill and 2 metal drills to clean my waterpipe, at least once a week.
I take a ziplock bag put 99% iso in add a little salt (for abrasion) shake a little and let sit for about 15 minutes or so. Maybe give it a second shake then rinse in warm water.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Nice pipes.

How do you clean them ?

I use Zep Heavy Duty Citrus Degreaser. I rinse out my pipe with hot water first to dislodge as much as I can, then I soak it overnight in the Zep. Next day run hot water through it, and resoak if necessary. Works very well for daily maintenance. Requires longer soaks to restore really dirty pipes, but if you do it daily your pipe will stay near sparkling. Just make sure to change out the zep cleaner from time to time.

G

Ditto on the Zep! I have a small mason jar filled with undiluted Zep. Overnight with a hot water rinse for light work, multiple day soak for more challenging projects. Only caveat it that it will remove any and all decals/markings that are not etched into the glass. Other than that its effort free.
Soak and rinse.

WelderDan

Veteran
I've got one almost just like this. Mine has a lot of detailed etchings. Had it 30 years. About 5 feet tall. The bowl is a lot bigger and probably holds 2-3 ounces. Too expensive to use on the regular.

The hoses are all shot. It would cost me about $75 to replace all the hoses. Interesting convo piece. I made a lamp out of it for a while. Not sure how much it's worth, but it's a big chunk of brass.

Latest posts

Latest posts