What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Show Your Truly Early Finishers

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
lots of unick and nice stuff here! so many alternatives for lowryder!

heres royal dane x heaven\erdpurt. finish on the 55 n lat around sep 1. not prober worked yet though
rdxhe050908jpg1gg2.jpg

rdxhe050908jpg4gr0.jpg

rdxhe050908jpg2qu0.jpg

"the plants and pics are all great. Although, I was hoping to see more retail strains listed but sometimes you have to make your own cross. Those homemade's look good."

I think part of the problem is that a lot of the commercial strains just don't finish up early enough. I have tried 40 or so commercial seed strains and only GG, Mighty Mite, and Early Riser have produced plants that have finished before september 15th. and apart from GG only a couple out of any given 10 pack have finished in that time frame. From what i have seen the only way to produce a decent crop of early finishers is to start making your own crosses from those rare plants that actually finish up nice and early.
Slart

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
yeah bro, exactly!

heres royal dane. good strong stuff, finish around sep 15
royaldane080908jk4.jpg

royaldane080908jpg1zi3.jpg

royaldane080908jpg2ig3.jpg

Well picked some plants today a mic of partial harvest and a few whole plants. This is the best i have done when it comes to a nice mix of early plants.

25 gallon pot filled with todays harvest

N

North

Got a question about those "columnar" varieties. what kind of buds do you get off those/ I mean 1 BIG bud or do you clip off dozens of nugs off the side of the main stem?

SilverBack, those HG are one of my picks for next year(for 45N), your pictures of it look awesome!

Buddle

Veteran
Beautiful pics everyone!! I have a couple commercial strains for you Silverback but I'm afraid you may have seen them already..
Sugarloaf by Cannabiogen...She was started late and refined to a 15 gal pot.
She's @ 3ft tall and will surpass 100 gms dried.

Joey Weed NL99 Same circumstances as the Sugarloaf.This one will yield
a lot more though.I'll be giving her the chop tonight.She could go another week but with rain coming and some small sightings of mold..down she'll come.

this is her lowest "popcorn bud"..lol..they don't exist on this pheno.Bottom pic...sorry :) I have four other females that are all nice.
Powerhouse

N

North

PONIX, that thing looks FANTASTIC, where did you grow that(latitude) and where can I get beans?

DR PONIX

north

north

that plant was grown at 45 N in ontario the breeder is jaysprout from boreal genetics u can find him @ unleashdagreen.net.. peace..PoNiX

N

North

Ponix, thanks, I've been having problems registering there, my account has never been activated, have you heard of any problems over there with hotmail accounts?

I've email the admins like 3-4 times now, never get a response, had to register like 2 maybe 3 times also.

I'm not sure whats wrong?

Flynnie

Ponix will know that I thoroughly recommend Jay's stuff, we've had great success here at 50N with his Mighty Freeze, the pheno I grew clones of last year finished mid-Sept, lovely indoor-looking buds that were a cinch to trim and packed a punch, good taste, too.
This year we grew cuts from 2 or 3 different seed mums, there was one short quick (mid/late Aug) pheno with foxtailing buds, one (late Aug) about 3 to 4ft, fat stinky buds that swelled up big even on neglected plants not getting that much sun. Then a pheno like last year's (now). Buds look like indoor, are frosty and smelly, potent tasty with more pine in the early plants. All ripe before mould could set in, a near perfect plant.
Looking forward to trying the Amstel Freeze next year.
(Will add pics once I've worked out how)

Last edited:

seulguide

Awesome plant dr.ponix, you've got some serious skillz. In regards to unleashdagreen, i also have never had my account activated, and i e-mailed the admins like 3 times already. I want to get on that site to get my handsd on some guerilla gold and freezeland, and it looks like i'll have to get some mighty freeze too. peace.

DR PONIX

hmm

hmm

have u guys tried to register lately or was this a while back?? i know there was a problem a while back but things should be working now!

Greens

Wow! Very nice mighty amstel freeze, Dr. Ponix! Very well done growing that. Yeah, I love jaysprout's stuff too and I've been growing it each year since I first tried his freezeland. I'm giving his freeze double backcrosses a go this year and I'm really liking them.

Greens