What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HB 101

Japanfreakier

Veteran
I just wanted to let you guys know that I tried it as a spray and it made a mark improvement in the yield and thc content of my last grow. It costs a lot for that little bottle but a little goes a long way and I have no qualms recommending this to anybody to try. I hope you'll try it at least one grow.

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
Really....? :chin:

I was actually at the store yesterday, getting some stuff for the grow and had a look at the HB-101...holy shit I didn't realise it was so expensive.
I haven't used it but know of it.

edit: your 420th.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
I've used bud boosters in the past and never liked them but this hb-101 works. Increased weight and health over the last run I had with the same strain. That little bottle will last you years. You mix it 2000x with water and spray the plants once a week during veg and early flower.

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
Holy crap, 2000x? Well, that cuts the price down to 1/10th...
Then again, I'm pretty good for bloom boosters/nutes etc...I need some mold insurance.

edit: and the first day back to work after Obon? You need your sleep. :D

DEVIL OG

Was looking up HB101 ,says you can dilute it up to x100,000 pretty crazy

The Components of HB-101

Raw Materials (Natural)
--Cedars
--Cypresses
--Pines
--Plantains

Mineral Analysis
--Sodium- 155.3mg/gallon
--Calcium- 125mg/gallon
--Iron- 6.8mg/gallon
--Magnesium- 12.5mg/gallon
--Silicon- 28mg/gallon
--Cadmium- 0
--Arsenic- 0

PH Balance

--HB-101 (contentrate) pH 4.0
--HB-101 (1000X dilution) pH~6.5

Last edited:

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Yeah, you can dilute it a lot. They claim that they made the stuff from trees that are disease resistant and that is makes HB-101 work to keep your plants happy and disease free.

BlindDate

Veteran
Came across this thread via the search function. A friend told me he read some good stuff about HB101 but could not give any specifics.
I don't understand why you think it is so expensive. I found a website that is selling a 12oz bottle for only $5. They even recommend spraying out of a helicopter so how expensive can it be?
Saibai says
Holy crap, 2000x? Well, that cuts the price down to 1/10th...
I would say that cuts the price down to 1/2000th.
I ordered a 12 oz bottle so at a 2000 to 1 dilution rate it will give me 188 gallons or enough to last 5 lifetimes for only $5.

Anyway, I wanted to know how far into flower did you use it? Also, the user guide says it can be diluted anywhere from 1/1000 to 1/10,000. Do you think it would be better if more concentrated. Did you see any odd growth/leaf symptoms at 1/2000th?

Thank you

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Wow, it's cheaper overseas, but like I said, it goes a long way. I'm not sure why the directions are different but I've read you shouldn't mix it any stronger than 2000x.

When I went to the garden centers here in Japan the people told me to only use a few drops and that more wasn't needed so I wouldn't mix it stronger than farmers.

Supposedly you can use it up to a week before harvest on edible plants/veggies but I only used for about 3 weeks into flower. I'm pretty conservative when it comes to nutes and such but if you use it longer/stronger let us know the results.

BlindDate

Veteran
Wow I didn't even realize this was the Japanese forum. Well I guess everything is more expensive over there.

OK, I'll stick to a 1/2000 dilution rate and see what happens. Did that garden center give you any dilution rates for applying to the roots or in a hydroponic reservoir?

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
Hey mate, if you're in the states it looks like you can get a free sample:

http://www.hb-101usa.com/ask-for-a-sample/

I don't see any harm in giving HB 101 a try wherever you may be. Having said that, I didn't. Partly because of the cost, mostly because my plants were doing just fine without it.