What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Japanese growers

Jerry Maine

Anyone in the know concerning head shops in Nagoya, or Osaka? I remember one or two being mentioned on OG, but wasn't paying much attention as I was in Tokyo at the time.

Jerry

G

Hello,
Here is a Japanese grower.

13315004a-med.jpg

Leda Uno, Germed 5, sprouted 4. They are 4 days old. Under 12w x 4 cfl.
Will bring them under 220w MH after 2 weeks. Hope to have at least 1 female.

G

I guess nobody uses this thread, I will post my grow log stealthily.
Will update until I get arrest.

KC Leda Uno
13315006a-med.jpg

13315008a-med.jpg

13315009a-med.jpg

Day 9 , repotted. still under 12w CFL x 4.

Day 10
I set up Plant Grow Fluorescent light (NEC Biolux-A: 20w x 2 >> 35w x 2 Overdriven).

Since the weather is still hot, I can not bring them under MH 250w yet. I will make grow cabinet within a few weeks.

Day 11
Approx. 20cm width & 8cm height
This is the biggest one. Fast grow plant often becomes male, though.

I made 4 slits on my pot. It is effective that stops root circling.
Also made some small holes on the pot to feed more Oxygen to plants root.

Last edited:
G

KC Leda Uno Day 12

I can feel pleasant Lemony smell from this strain.

fertilization : dilute urea (48% nitrogen) and make EC1.0 liquid, also make EC1.0 guano liquid. Mix up those 2 liquid and again dilute x 20, and it becomes very weak (EC 0.1) liquid (I check nute density with EC meter). I give that weak nute to the plants everyday instead of plain water.
I think it is better than feeding each 7-10 days EC1.0 nutrient. Feeding EC 0.1 nute everyday will not overdose and plants are easier to have weaker nutes. For example, I can drink beer a lot but I can not drink heavy vodka at all.
I found this fert method from my grow experience. At least it works for my grow, but I am not sure if it works for yours either.

Last edited:
G

> horticus,
Thanks for your response.

I bought them (Leda Uno, KC33, Bahia Black head) at Dope seeds.
Usually Japanese growers do not buy cannabis seeds at domestic headshops. Headshops are often raided by police or narco bureau and checked all their customers information, then your name will be updated on the blacklist. You should not buy seeds there.

Policemen often watching people near the headshop and checkup the people. If you have something illegal, you will get caught.
Want to buy seeds, buy at SB, DrChronic, Dope, etc,. If you are considering grow in Japan, buying seeds at domestic headshop is quick way to the Jail.

Last edited:
G

My bubble cloner

This is hand made small bubble cloner. I will need this soon.

Size: 27cm(L) x 15cm(W) x 15cm(D)

Air Pump: Approx. $8 US
Air Stone: Approx. $5 US
Plastic Box: Approx. $1 US
Other : Approx. $1 US

Total $15 US and spent 1 hour for this. Umm,,, I hope this cloner works fine.

G

KC Leda Uno Day 13

It has reached to the 4th node, I guess after 1 week, I will see preflower and I can identify its sex.

Last edited:
G

Thanks JP, I don't plan on buying any seeds in Japan, just curious.

Yours are really developing nicely. BTW, I grew out KC33 10 years ago outside and it was kick-ass!!

hort

Last edited:
G

Hi, horticus, Thanks for your reply.
I am looking forward to having KC33 kick-ass bud.

anyway, I am inspired micro grow cabinet,
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=29593

then I am planing to make similar small scrog grow cabinet.

90cm height x 90 cm (45 cm + 45 cm) width x 45cm depth.

There are 2 separated chambers in 1 box. Set 150w HPS for each room.
Under 12/12 light schedule, when one room's light is turned on, another light is off.
The advantage of this 2 separated grow cabinet is, since either one of the two lights is turned on, I do not have to take care for grow cabinets temparature, even in winter time, even the grow cabinet is placed on the cold basement lumber room.

I will see how it works.
The problem is HPS bulbs are expensive in Japan, approx. $120 US for 1 x 150w bulb :yoinks:

Last edited:
G

KC Leda Uno Day15

Pruned its top and put it into the bubble cloner.

Last edited:
G

You may need an exhaust fan on top of the unit, JP. I have a 250W and a 400W and both put out too much heat from the bulb. The plants have to be too far away from the glass shield for best growth/flower. The exhaust fan on top sucks out the heat and lets you move the top of the plants within a few inches of the glass.

hort

G

>horticus

Thanks for your advise.
I bought 2 pcs x 100v 25w fan for exhaust MHs heat.

Actually, I had grow box before (this is the third grow), but when one of my friends made trouble (police investigation), at that time I threw out most of my grow equipment (ex MH).
:badday:

Last edited:

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Cool, so finally japanese people show some plants, excellent!!! Btw, what happens if you people get caught? Do they hang or shoot or let you rot in jail for a decade?