What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maximising a 4 plant count

Cabinet Ninja

Veteran
How's it going :)

I'm in Oregon and have a 4 plant rec limit to try stay within.

I'm currently running my rec 4 plant set up in a 4x4 tent with a 600w closed hood. Coco+Blumats+Lucas formula. I'm fairly satisfied with how smoothly things go and how hands off everything is, but the veg+bloom times only really gives me 3 crops per year.

I'm trying to maximise the 4 plant limit, but also up my total harvests. What would be the best way to go about this?

I'm thinking about switching to a 2x4 tent with 2x 300w LED units. Flower 2 plants at a time perpetually, 35 days apart and have a seperate veg tent. Basically, every 35 days I'd harvest 1 plant, move 1 plant from veg into the flo chamber and also get some clones ready.

Am I missing a trick? Is there a better/easier way to achieve what I'm after? I'm still planning on sticking with Coco+Blumats due to the hands-off nature of the set up.

Outdoor isnt an option, as out back yard isn't fenced in.

Many thanks!

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i was running 4 plants and doing 5+ pounds a harvest but i was in a 9.5X9.5 tent.

if you had access and funds i would do 4 big plants in PPKs and stagger them......or just flip four and harvest lots of pounds :)

packerfan79

Veteran
Ppks would be a good option much more complicated though. Bigger light would help try a 1000. Or you could just say fuck you to the guberment and grow more plants. If you have more people in the house can you grow more?can you grow more with a medical card?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
4 plants... Damn... I thought 6 was bad...
I say fuckem... To those that have the balls anyway...

If I were limiting myself to gubment standards I would grow perpetual tossing 1 plant in every 2 to 3 weeks depending on flower time.

Limeygreen

Veteran
if you're flowering 8 week strains, you should be able to pull 5 harvests a year with 3 week veg, to stay in your limits, 2 flowering 2 veg and 2 clones when you harvest from veg plants. If you can buy transplants at the size you want you could just have 4 in flower and buy the next four when you harvest and go, if you have to buy clones of a smaller size, 3 week veg should still be decent. Perpetual would keep things in house and as you harvest one, put one to flower you take your clone to veg for the next one, if you stagger it right you could still have a few weeks veg and a harvest every 4-6 weeks depending on how big you them. To figure this out you need to know how long your cuttings take to root, how long you like them to veg and how long you like them to flower. Count backwards and you have your time line to never have one spot empty in your flower area and that would be maximizing the space.

packerfan79

Veteran
You should look in to air layering, that could definitely cut down on plant numbers and your veg time. I would advise against buying clones, it's a recipe for failure.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
There's a six plant limit here..

There's a six plant limit here..

But I'm Medical so no,limits...

I have gone by the plant limits in the past and find it easy..

One perpetual flowering tent/room and a veg room. Use clones. (Make your own clones)

Clone and veg takes around 6-8 weeks to create plants robust ready to flower. About the same as my flower time.

Pick the flowers, dry and cure. You are now ready for the next run :plant grow:

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Is this 4 plants total, of flowering ?

Yes, some variant of constant flower will IMO give the best annual harvest, you are obviously capable of doing the maths and judging the situation regarding preparing the next cuts, can some or all of that be hidden ? Or is it legally 4 flowering plants ?

Cabinet Ninja

Veteran
I'm in Oregon, so it's 4 plants PERIOD per household. For reasons I'm not willing to discuss, I'm not looking to go the medical route and neither is my wife.

I'm siding with having 2 plants in flower, 4 weeks off set and 2 in veg. Taking clones from the plants as the move in to the flo chamber. Thinking of running 2 diff strains to keep things interesting.

Now to just put some money aside for some new tents and LEDs.

packerfan79

Veteran
I'm in Oregon, so it's 4 plants PERIOD per household. For reasons I'm not willing to discuss, I'm not looking to go the medical route and neither is my wife.

I'm siding with having 2 plants in flower, 4 weeks off set and 2 in veg. Taking clones from the plants as the move in to the flo chamber. Thinking of running 2 diff strains to keep things interesting.

Now to just put some money aside for some new tents and LEDs.
Gotta love so called legalization

Cabinet Ninja

Veteran
Well, I've moved from somewhere with no legal market. I grew weed there, but with constant worry and a couple of close calls with authorities.

Being in a state where I can grow without sweating bullets and having to think about the possibility of going to prison, I'll gladly grow my 4 plants LEGALLY and work within the parameters of the law.

Nothing wrong with that and nothing wrong with trying to maximise what the law allows.

CellarDwellar

Id run like 3 or 4 smaller tents and dedicate 2/3 to flowering (stagger them a couple weeks apart or so and that way you can grow giants and scrog the hell out of them. Just my first thought on it though Im sure there are other awesome ways