What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Haze C

skubee

Has anyone ever released a Elite male of any kind? Any proven old school breeder male ever?

Nevil himself said Haze C is dead.

As far as MNS lines containing the Haze C it comes through hybrids of A5 and C5. He calls his AC male a pure Haze too yet it is 25% Skunk and 25% NL5 only half Haze.

Last picture Shanti showed of the Haze C male was before his bust. Was it even his picture? I have only seen one photo of the Haze C male anywhere. Before his Rhino became a Sativa too. He later admitted to losing the original Widow male but lied and sold thousands of seeds to people claiming it is the original.

It's easier to fool a man than to convince a man he has been fooled.

:tiphat:

This makes me sad to read

Jhonny

The A and C cuts where the only male plants that Nevel was able to germinate out of thousands of seeds he had aquired from Sam. Most Haze winners came from the Haze C plant. NL5/Haze, HPH, G13Haze, Nevils Haze, SSH, Mango Haze, Amnesia Haze, SLH. It was an impressive plant that proved itself and made a ton of champions.

I have had all of them. These were strains I used to smoke between 1995 and 2005. The first hazes I ever smoked were pure Haze that was sold in a CS around 89-92' and Positronics Original Haze I have grown in 94-95'. Tastewise they were similar, but totally different to what we know from Haze A and C hybrids.

A5 has always been my favourite Haze-hybrid in terms of taste, along with others, like some KM phenos or a cut called A2 that had similar taste and effects to A5.
(does anyone have infos on that A2 cut?? From the taste or the look of the buds, it could have been something like WW X Haze A)

I liked C5 for its clear effects, very similar to pure haze, but has never been very tasty to me.

Other Haze C hybrids/cuts like MH, SSH, HPH, Amnesia etc have proven to be winner, but do not have the clear sativa effects C5 has. The incense flavors are also not so strong. They leave the room stinking for 30min, but not much incense taste in the mouth.

I may be wrong, but I believe Haze C was the commercial champion, because he made many winners, that compared to other haze hybrids were relatively fast, easy to grow with a better bag appeal.

Betterhaff

Veteran
My bad, I thought I remembered it was AC pollen Jack got. Thanks for jogging my memory with the G13/Skunk pollen. I think he was trying to pollinate a supposed G13 S1 with it.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Haze A & C seem to considered as the best haze males ever.
But why?? What made them so special?

The short flowering times of their progeny? Their growth? Effects? Terpenes?

Who consider those as the best Haze males ever? As Bob pointed they were special and became famous because those were the only Haze males Nevil ended with... so he didn't really had any other options. The HazeC male became legendary because it became the foundation for so many hybrids since then.

I'm pretty sure that anyone could find better elite Haze males if he sows enough seeds and tests them. Be it O.Haze from Tom Hill stock, old TFD stocks or anything else.

I think those males from Nevil passed interesting Haze traits but it was actually the combinations that Nevil did with other more suitable plants for indoors and his later selections between hundreds of plants what made those F1s legendary.

Just my 2 cents tho.:biggrin:

bigherb

Veteran
Definitely never released to the public

I believe Nevil gave the HzC to his good friend J , who also had an shared the other OSH clone onlys. Yosemite said before bonk held the Haze C male at one time which would have came via J .Doubtful, but It could possibly still survive within the South holland /Breda crew

That last pic If I recall correct was from kashroc visit to mns facility the HzC looked tired . Nevil implied HzC was no longer held by shanti but that doesn't mean it is as we seen how he left the mns forum. But IMO the fact Shanti hasn't made any direct HzC hybrids speaks for itself

1luvbigherb

CanadaDank

Neville’s crew has it but it’s SUPER guarded. Total lockdown. Never released. Breeders never release their males, and this one is no exception. Pretty sure A5, HPH, CG13 and AG13 were also never publicly released.

Raho

Veteran
This is a great thread, not because it's a good question, but because of all the old friends in here answering
Those were good times man.:tiphat:
You guys remember it was my suggestion (old handle) to sell pollen on the auction site? I never believed for a second Shanti would do it. These days he hardly posts on his own board.

/forum/4-talk-shantibaba-mrnice/7641-official-mns-auction-feedback-thread-3.html#post119878

You'll have to add that string to the address for the MNS site to get it to work.

For a newbie asking a silly question, this thread is getting the royal treatment.
[youtubeif]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=1zLMBAl-aqQ[/youtubeif]

bestothebest

Thanks for all of the info guys. I have been following along with this thread and have gotten so much more info then I could have any other way. This threads question was answered in the first few posts, and has now turned into a really good history lesson. Thanks

CanadaDank

Who consider those as the best Haze males ever? As Bob pointed they were special and became famous because those were the only Haze males Nevil ended with... so he didn't really had any other options. The HazeC male became legendary because it became the foundation for so many hybrids since then.

I'm pretty sure that anyone could find better elite Haze males if he sows enough seeds and tests them. Be it O.Haze from Tom Hill stock, old TFD stocks or anything else.

I think those males from Nevil passed interesting Haze traits but it was actually the combinations that Nevil did with other more suitable plants for indoors and his later selections between hundreds of plants what made those F1s legendary.

Just my 2 cents tho.:biggrin:

Check out my buddies 98 Seedsman Haze stud. He is a great breeder male!

Attachments

• 0EC281DB-C6AE-4FC2-B1D9-A9A95C443C16.jpg
    0EC281DB-C6AE-4FC2-B1D9-A9A95C443C16.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 66
hey, its been a while since ive found my way over here.
good to see a few familiar faces.

i dont remember what happened with the g13/sk pollen, i kind of remember winning multiple auctions.

but for sure i got the AC pollen.
at first, they sent it to the wrong person. had to wait a while to get some myself.
in the meantime i happened to find myself out in NL and was having a conversation with sammy when we realized the connection. the person that they sent the pollen to was giving it to sammy to make those hybrids. small world.
i used that pollen but it wasnt good stuff.
lots of careful work and timing went into that effort, and there were only 6 seeds produced from my efforts. then a bust saw an end to the chances that could have came from those few seeds.
that pollen that shanti sent looked like crap, it was green, like ground up plant matter.
whenever i collect pollen, it is pure yellow with no contaminants. i contacted shanti right away to question what he had sent me. i knew there would be an issue.
at least the other amateur work with the AC was successful.

oh yeah, now i remember. shanti had some "problems" and for some reason couldnt produce the pollen. after waiting for almost a year total and two different times i was promised it would arrive so i had females ready to be pollinated at very specific dates, i had to give up and just got credit that i put towards a pack of seeds instead.
shame it didnt work out, i know other people are more capable of producing pollen, you wouldnt think it would be an issue for him. but it was a great thing to try and maybe one day i can convince him to make it up to me by trying again, maybe try to get him to send out some haze C pollen.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Interesting.

Looking deeply, one cam see threads connecting genetics, those who got them, and those who got busted.

It surly is a seedy business

Latest posts

Latest posts