What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

JUICY FRUIT

purpleplayer007

This bud I just got had me thinking about juicy fruit I used to get 10 yrs ago. I guess the cut never blew up but it was unique sweet..Like a flinstone vitamin maybe? I can't forget the taste when you break it up.. Has anyone heard of anyone growing the cut?

MickTheBrag

juicy fruit

juicy fruit

hi I grew it from seed 10 years ago. it was one of the trippest smokes I ever had. cant get the seeds anymore. never been offered the cut. cant recommened it highly enough. if I can find the seeds id grow it again.:dance013:

Reactions: Rgd

SICE

Similar to mawiwowie in a way. Usually has the same bud structure and color.

The high was short lived. These might be bad representations out here but its usually lacking or the real genetics are rarer than it seems

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's a Juicy Fruit cut that circulates around CO.

I grew it a few years ago & accidentally pollinated it with some Sugar Berry from Joey Weed calling the resulting seeds Berry Juice. As far as I know, the cut is still circulating around the state. I'd like to get it back so I csn make some back crosses to it. It was some excellent smoke & made fine water hash & dry sift.

Happy Times

Some great memories of growing Juicy Fruit back around 2000 with my old roomie. Sativa dominant with long lanky branches, slightly feathery bud structure, and a unique old school smell. We still talk about this strain and how much we’d like to get her back.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Grew a bunch of it in the 90's. From Sensi seed. It has the chewing gum juicy fruit flavor and cured to a gold color.

In a good outdoor season in the Northeast it would yield like a champ. Long colas of pretty dense buds. Trimming was pretty easy and the gum aroma would fill a room.

Potent sativa high. Great for fishing or hiking the mountains. Very relaxing but potent smoke. Wasn't really a ceiling, but it def got narcotic/trippy when over indulged.

We lost the cut due to a mislabeling deal as I'm sure so many others have.

Nice strain for sure, would love to get it back. Unfortunately that was 20 years ago so fat chance for me lol.

purpleplayer007

Nice description..yea I boughtt an oz around 04 give or take, and haven't seen the same cut/taste since. Unique terp profile

handshake

Grew a bunch of it in the 90's. From Sensi seed. It has the chewing gum juicy fruit flavor and cured to a gold color.

Nice strain for sure, would love to get it back. Unfortunately that was 20 years ago so fat chance for me lol.

That's that the truth. Ran into this a bunch in the late 1990's in B.C.

The chewing gum flavour is etched in my mind; would love to stumble across this cut again one day.

dugzy

Does anyone know if she is still alive?! This really was some of the best as i remember, people look at me gone out when i ask for it. The pedigree was Thai i think so is there something close or better in a seed line today?

:1help:

Jammal

yeah , this is one of the greatest strains around,,,now called fruity juice at sensi seeds, but its been the same f1 hybrid for 20 years now or so...amazing fruity smell,,thai, afghani cross, ..great high...only tests around 19% thc but dont let that fool ya, its pure thai psychedelic yet calm and mellow...probably the most slept on classic strain offering

Aota1

Had it from a med grower here in Oregon 2.5yrs ago who’d been growing it for years. Juicy Fruit/juicy fruit Thai. Once regs changed we couldn’t buy from med growers anymore for the dispensary and I haven’t seen him since. Very memorable flavor and psychoactive effects. The guy held it pretty tight.

Last edited:
Yeah check out sensi for fruity juice. I talked to a couple of guys in Amsterdam who grew it and they both raved about it. Aparently it's one of sensi's strains that's still good. They both said they thought it was the best that sensi had to offer.

dugzy

You see there is a lot of talk about how bad Sensi Seeds reputation is these days and Juicy Fruit/Fruity Juice is a high cost seed so it needs to be the same quality as before.

Thank you for the advice Jammal, Aota1 and voodooosdaddy. Also looking at some other Thai based seed so there are a few options about.

Jammal

being a Thai high fan myself , my other favorites are Durban and Jamaican

on my radar to try are the orient express and kali china variants from ace

I made seeds of Jamaican X Malawi , Gave me some very mental powerful Thai like effect phenos, different than thai , but wickedly introspective and dream like with similarities to thai, A LOT more racy and edgy though,,,,Thai is more calm

Another one worth considering for a solid option thats been around the test of time is GH Hawaiian snow...its like Hawaiian X Laos,,,More along the lines of the Fruity genetics along with fruity juice of sensi,,other thai's can be more spice and incense, So yeah, say what people will about sensi and GH, but those 2 strains have been winning awards before most other seed companys were even open..both sensi fruity juice and GH Hawaiian snow are well worth the price tags.

dugzy

Durban types are good, yes, the description was always 'similar to Thai' and that seemed right. I grew some years ago from Nirvana when their seeds had heavy recycled paper type packets with an indian god as the logo.

Hawaiian Snow is one i've sampled not grown, they seemed more in the Dutch coffeeshop Haze area than classic Thai to me but a decent toke overall.

You have me convinced on the Fruity Juice Jammal, nice to meet another fan of Thai. I will wait to get Ace' Thai Chi and a few others also and see how they go along side each other.

Jammal

Yes Durban is a great classic, I'm excited to test out CBG's durban, I'd like to select a smelly male Durban for a father, cross to something really tasty and complimentary, Great and unique flavor on those durbans, you can find some really zippy zingy phenos, awesome high...

I'm thinking of pollinating some TGA subcool deep purple ( purple urkle backcross)

Durban x Urkle , seems like a winning combo

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
being a Thai high fan myself , my other favorites are Durban and Jamaican

on my radar to try are the orient express and kali china variants from ace

I made seeds of Jamaican X Malawi , Gave me some very mental powerful Thai like effect phenos, different than thai , but wickedly introspective and dream like with similarities to thai, A LOT more racy and edgy though,,,,Thai is more calm

Another one worth considering for a solid option thats been around the test of time is GH Hawaiian snow...its like Hawaiian X Laos,,,More along the lines of the Fruity genetics along with fruity juice of sensi,,other thai's can be more spice and incense, So yeah, say what people will about sensi and GH, but those 2 strains have been winning awards before most other seed companys were even open..both sensi fruity juice and GH Hawaiian snow are well worth the price tags.

You'd probably enjoy some Durban Thai High Flyer 2 from Snowhigh Seeds then.
:tiphat: