What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

show off your rosin, who's got the best?

G

Gr33nSanta

show off your rosin, who's got the best?

If you feel like it share with us ...

what is your setup?

press time, temperature?

what is your method?

so far my very best rosin comes from flower, I am trying to figure out the best way to go from bubble hash to rosin, until I can afford a freeze drier.

will upload pics later. Thanks!

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
It's definitely not the best rosin, but I thought I would get this thread going.
picture.php

Testing results for that rosin.
picture.php

My setup is a 6-ton DIY unit that only cost me about $180USD to make.
picture.php

Press time was about 30-60 seconds total at a temperature of about 95-100°C (200-210°F). The flower was pre-pressed and then squished without any screen or filter. Single press yielded 15%.

EsterEssence

Veteran
The method is drip tech, i am not saying it is the best but the rosin is good. Temp is around 180-200 in my waffle iron press...

Attachments

• DSCN1185.jpg
    DSCN1185.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCN1194.jpg
    DSCN1194.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN1176.jpg
    DSCN1176.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 19

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The method is drip tech, i am not saying it is the best but the rosin is good. Temp is around 180-200 in my waffle iron press...

Beautiful, that's with kief right? Do you use a screen? Not as pretty as your 99.9% dry sift, but very nice!

G

Gr33nSanta

It's definitely not the best rosin, but I thought I would get this thread going.
View Image

Testing results for that rosin.
View Image

My setup is a 6-ton DIY unit that only cost me about $180USD to make.
View Image

Press time was about 30-60 seconds total at a temperature of about 95-100°C (200-210°F). The flower was pre-pressed and then squished without any screen or filter. Single press yielded 15%.
I press the flowers with bags as well. I press my flowers twice, the first press yields the majority. 182 f . Then I fold the puck in half, and then again, so that I have 1/4 of a pizza if the puck was round and if the puck was rectangular I do the same thing.

when you do it you will notice that all the broken edge that were inside the puck will all be on the same side, you will see that hardly any rosin will come out of that side but quite a bit from the rest. That is because most of the rosin left in the puck is around the edge.

Optional 3rd press with the scraps, after pressing the second press, I cut the edge of the puck where most of the oil came out of, a thin strip around and those cuttings are pressed when I have enough, I call it flower scraps rosin for now lol. The quality is still fine.

So anyway, sorry a little hard to explain. but now that I have all my squirts into piles of parchment paper, I collect and I make sure i am in a well lit area, I carefully collect the best stuff that has no contaminants whatsoever. This is my super high grade. I am not greedy with it I collect only the purest cleanest stuff.

That ends up being about a third of the yield of clean if I go quick.

The other 2/3 left on the parchment paper, I clean it, basically the same way I press my hash. I make a puck of ''dirty'' flower rosin, and run through a coffee filter. That stuff ends up a wee bit darker than the highest grade but is also straight straight fire.

DemonTrich

Veteran
1 God bud flower run

2 Mob boss flower

3 Mob fuck flower

4 Strawberries n cream flower

5 bubble hash extracted trim using 25iu rosin baggies

All 210* presses
Harbor freight 20 ton press. (I don't kill it when pressing)
3x5 plates from low temp plates

Attachments

• 20161204_213658.jpg
    20161204_213658.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 20170220_214327.jpg
    20170220_214327.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 20170220_214352.jpg
    20170220_214352.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 20170220_214300.jpg
    20170220_214300.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 20170220_214223.jpg
    20170220_214223.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 18

PDX Dopesmoker

FREE YOUR ROZSHOTS

FREE YOUR ROZSHOTS

Dab pics thread!
This is bud run LBSD water hash pressed out to dank rosin about a week before the hash was fully dry. Sticky dabs resulted, but still high potency & kickass flavor

ZbJ8YSd.jpg

G

Gr33nSanta

Dab pics thread!
This is bud run LBSD water hash pressed out to dank rosin about a week before the hash was fully dry. Sticky dabs resulted, but still high potency & kickass flavor

View Image

I really dont mind the gooey impossible to get on your dabber kinda texture. One problem I have which I am not sure it really is a problem is when it starts to butter up.

When its like a gram in parchment paper it butters up all at once sometimes and it looks fine.

The problem is when I have say a 10 gram puck, and it slowly starts to butter up makes the whole puck look kinda weird...

Anyway, I ll post some pics soon lol I gotta get my shit together, I just want to say so far with my latest method I go from hash to rosin in one session.

Thank you all for contributing I promise I ll do my share within a day or so, Cheeeeeeers you all

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Work it a bit before pressing into coins, it will homogenize.

Some rosin is so fucking tacky it hardly freezes.

MedResearcher

Veteran
The gooey stuff is sort of a pain to work with.

So far my theory is that its mostly genetic based. Some cultivars press more oily, some more shatter, some a sticky mess in between.

Pressed stuff that was 18 months old and got shatter with 1 cultivar, and goo with a second. Same with fresher 4 month old stuff.

I have noticed the tail ends of the press are a little more on the sticky side though.

Only press I have had butter up on me, was a kief run. It seemed really shattery at first, couple days later it was all butter.

Was discussing putting the rosin in a vac oven to try to get it more stable/shatter consistency. Saw in an Elysian Research video, they were developing some sort of a tempering process, so the rosin can be handled. Sounds nice, but it sort of made it look more like bubble hash. Hopefully they release the tempering technique to the public.

Might upload some pics, we have been making some pretty nice puddles. Usually make a good 40-70 gram puddle before stopping.

Mr^^

PDX Dopesmoker

Here is a picture which kinda illustrates that you can't tell much looking at photos of dabs if the photographer didn't use spectroscopy gear. The material at lower right is from a different strain, the other five are all off of the same plant.
uTIWQlU.jpg

bag-o-pressed bud
OE9Vbwq.jpg

action shot
6ZZVDDP.jpg

money shot, this is what pressed out of the stuff that we sifted the dry sift out of, 9% return on this, 50% on the sift.
DNxHMTP.jpg

We started with 100g of dry, untrimmed lower buds, which returned 10g of sift and 5g of rosin and the 9% from the remaining material is 8g for a total of 13g from 100 of starting material. When trimmed, the starting material yields about 60% bud by weight & 40% trim.
The rosin from the sift is top shelf material, so flavorful that the taste lingers in your mouth a while & its about as strong as any dabs I ever smoked before too, has somewhere between a soft shatter or pull n snap texture. I haven't tried the leftovers yet.

PDX Dopesmoker

The gooey stuff is sort of a pain to work with.

So far my theory is that its mostly genetic based. Some cultivars press more oily, some more shatter, some a sticky mess in between.

Pressed stuff that was 18 months old and got shatter with 1 cultivar, and goo with a second. Same with fresher 4 month old stuff.

I have noticed the tail ends of the press are a little more on the sticky side though.

Only press I have had butter up on me, was a kief run. It seemed really shattery at first, couple days later it was all butter.

Was discussing putting the rosin in a vac oven to try to get it more stable/shatter consistency. Saw in an Elysian Research video, they were developing some sort of a tempering process, so the rosin can be handled. Sounds nice, but it sort of made it look more like bubble hash. Hopefully they release the tempering technique to the public.

Might upload some pics, we have been making some pretty nice puddles. Usually make a good 40-70 gram puddle before stopping.

Mr^^

I've wondered before if dabs can be tempered like chocolate, warm it up & throw in some seed crystals when it comes down to about 15ºF above room temp.

G

Gr33nSanta

I just spent an hour taking pictures and editing and I made a mistake and accidentally deleted everything but the picture of the press lol.

I dont have the energy to start over so here I ll post an older picture this is flower rosin made with CBD therapy.

Thanks everyone for sharing this is awesome. I ll start over with the pictures tomorrow morning.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=398992&stc=1&d=1488071082

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=398993&stc=1&d=1488071082

G

Gr33nSanta

be patient, I think I have around 30 pics to upload, I recovered the ones I thought I lost and took some more.

first pic is cbd therapy, flower rosin

second pic is CBDQ7, (Skylotus X (BCD X ( Pennwise X Senora Ampero)

third pic a nice little led setup

4th pic plant on the right is some crazy cross with spacebomb im looking forward too, forgot what the other one is

5th spacebomb, low yielding variety that I have not grown since I own a press so I can not wait.

G

Gr33nSanta

1st spacebomb again

2nd a dirty puck of flower rosin, ready to be wrapped up for cleaning

Last edited:
G

Gr33nSanta

here is a good example of a strain that is almost not worth pressing, (1st and 3rd pic, 2nd pic is how I fold it prepping for second press)

4th and 5th pictures are from a strain that yields ok, so far I think my cbd therapy yields the most. the strain pressed here is Memory Loss.

Latest posts

Latest posts